JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.10.2011, 14:26
weaverslodge

In order to get to the point where you can rename the part file the download must have completed - I'm not missing something here am i ?

So if we conclude that the part file is a fully downloaded file if the rename operation is attempted then we must conclude that there is no valid reason to remove the file due to a download issue.

If I am wrong there I must be more confused than normal :-)
Old 01.10.2011, 14:29
weaverslodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
atomic rename = only one file exists, not 2 so rename fails = only the .part file exists because the rename did not work
and as i said. the old download core could not know what exactly happened, it only knows
1.) something bad happened
2.) resume not possible
3.) so lets delete part file because we cannot resume it anyway
Here's where I got the info about JD removing the file from.
Old 01.10.2011, 14:40
remi

I don't read the text the same way you do. Jiaz presents two cases :-

1) If the rename fails (because of a lock for instance), the .part file still exists and can be renamed manually.

2) If the file isn't complete or something bad happened and no resume is possible, the file is downloaded again.
Old 01.10.2011, 15:12
weaverslodge

Jiaz suggests that the part file would not be deleted if the rename fails but is told that the file does get removed and later suggests that it's JD that does the file removal. The original poster and I both agree that JD should not do this and I think that Jiaz probably does too.
Old 01.10.2011, 15:25
English Supporter

I think, because JD is an automation program, user shouldn't be asked to do manual rename of any file. If it is a small file I believe you would like JD to just delete the .part file, re-download and finish them all automatically.

@remi
I think this is very clear: http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...6&postcount=33

Last edited by tony2long; 01.10.2011 at 15:29.
Old 02.10.2011, 10:43
remi

The manual rename is a temporary workaround.

@weaverslodge

Jiaz already patched the bug. He wrote "i already added the copy workaround to source". Don't you believe that he patched the code? You only need to wait for its release.
Old 04.03.2013, 01:23
eris23

Problem still exists on Nightly build 20126. Ubuntu Quantal amd64. java-6-oracle. downloads were safelinked.

Last edited by eris23; 04.03.2013 at 01:27.
Old 10.04.2013, 23:28
Super Loader

It might be due to a virus scanner instead of a virus. I noticed lost files on network share. Running OSX with Avast A/V. I'll try disabling it.
Getting fatal errors too, even in countdowns.
Oh, I also deleted some old probably pretty good files from my jd temp dir :/
Old 11.04.2013, 01:07
ReXTaR

JD2 use and I have these problems, the only time that happened to me was with the stable version 0.9.581 and updated java fix ... must restart the computer after you install something, it often happens that we do not disconnect and there are some problems ... check your java version if updated, maybe that helps ....