JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.12.2017, 22:47
JD VIP

Default Max simultaneous download setting not working

I set the

max simultaneous download setting = 3
max simultaneous download per hoster = 3

but when I click Force download start a package (with many links)
it downloads up to 5 links at a time

I just want 3 simultaneous downloads per hoster

Why is the setting not working?

Last edited by madmax2; 16.12.2017 at 22:55.
Old 17.12.2017, 07:01
Black Hole

Force bypasses those settings. For them to work you have to do a normal start.

There is a setting to limit the number of forced starts, but it's not by host:

GeneralSettings: Max Forced Downloads
Old 17.12.2017, 16:07
English Supporter

yes dont use force start, its designed to be used over and above current download settings (assuming you can start more based on hard set values within plugin source code)

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.12.2017, 16:19
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
yes dont use force start, its designed to be used over and above current download settings (assuming you can start more based on hard set values within plugin source code)
The problem is I can't click the start icon in the toolbar..
Basically I can't do the normal start
because in my downloads list there is like 1TB of links..

if I did that it would download the entire download list
-which would be way too many downloads..
-take forever to reach the package I want.
-and fill up my hard disk with 1TB of data.

There should be some sort of setting as a feature so we can limit the max simultaneous download per hoster etc..even if we force start a package..

The problem is often times we might have so many links we collected in the download list
which we maybe want to download some other time/day, but we want to start download a particular package immediately now.
The only way this can be done is to Force start that package.
But then it overrides the max sim. download per hoster setting which would not be good cos many hosters implement max amount of simultaneous download.

IF possible, please unmarked this as solved,
and add that feature request.

Last edited by madmax2; 17.12.2017 at 16:28.
Old 17.12.2017, 16:26
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrown View Post
Force bypasses those settings. For them to work you have to do a normal start.

There is a setting to limit the number of forced starts, but it's not by host:

GeneralSettings: Max Forced Downloads
I need per hoster, cos it is usually the hoster that implements the max simultaneous downloads..
This becomes a problem cos, if the hoster has a max of 3 files
and you force start, it tends to start 5 files...

So the file that is currently downloading will stop partially downloading
and a new file starts download etc..
or it causes the downloading file to reset/restart etc..
Old 17.12.2017, 16:27
English Supporter

how jd is meant to be used
queue > you press start download > it processes the list based on priority levels and order of queue.
force start can be used in stop mode or over and above currenct max con settings when started. Though it still respects hard settings within plugin source code.

You will need to use priority functions to process those downloads, and set a stop mark at the position of the queue you want to stop at. I just don't see JDownloader been redesigned for your use case.

raztoki

Old 17.12.2017, 16:41
JD VIP

Quote:
how jd is meant to be used
queue > you press start download > it processes the list based on priority levels and order of queue.
force start can be used in stop mode or over and above currenct max con settings when started. Though it still respects hard settings within plugin source code.

You will need to use priority functions to process those downloads, and set a stop mark at the position of the queue you want to stop at. I just don't see JDownloader been redesigned for your use case.

raztoki
Are you sure I am the only one that does this though?
I am pretty sure I am not a lone case..

There are many times where we have collected many links which end up in the download list which we don't want to start downloading immediately...
but will eventually do it another time..

Is this behaviour so odd and irrational behaviour from users of jdownloader?

If we do the normal start it would go through the entire list.
This is not a problem if the download list is small
but it is a problem if we have collected many links.

I am not asking for much, but if there is some sort of advance setting or whatever that we can set for Force Start Max Simultaneous downloads per hoster etc..

This would be good for people like me (who have collected many links in a our download lists).
I am certain I am not the only one that uses jdownloader this way.

There's no reason why Force Start should download a max of 5 files per hoster in the first place..
This seems way too high for many hosters rules/limitations that they set.

Maybe Jiaz or a developer can comment in this thread of what I suggest would be good to see what they have to say.

===

Even under normal circumstances (not my case), when a user wants to download a particular package immediately, by Force Start that package..

It does not mean that that user may want it to start download 5 files simultaneously from that hoster..
This will usually just result in the hoster stopping the partial downloaded file and starting a new file...since they tend to not like users maxing out the connection (considering that the user is already downloading simultaneous chunks from that hoster already) so they will not let you download 5 files simultaneously from them..

Last edited by madmax2; 17.12.2017 at 16:57.
Old 17.12.2017, 16:59
English Supporter

I can probably count on one hand how many times I have read about this (change how core queue behaviour of JDownloader). This is usually due to the lack of understanding of existing features or unaware of existing features.

In respects to force start number, there is ability to define that in advanced setting 'GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads'.
You can also define the ability to set max sim dl per hoster in advanced setting 'GeneralSettings.domainrules'

Jiaz will say the same thing I will force start isn't meant to be used in this fashion. But sure please wait until Monday and he most likely will respond.

raztoki

Old 18.12.2017, 01:55
Black Hole

How big is your list? My download list has had thousands of pending downloads. While the pending list isn't that long the total is well over 130,000 links. I move packages around or set priorities, and if there are packages I don't want to start I either disable them or force a skip.

What I've never had a problem with was links downloading "too many" where it cancelled existing running downloads. But I also almost never force start packages, just individual links.

Also, I leave links I don't want cramming up the queue in linkgrabber rather than moving them all over to the download tab. Now, it would sure be nice to be able to move links BACK to the linkgrabber tab, but that's again a big change.
Old 18.12.2017, 02:07
JD VIP

Quote:
How big is your list? My download list has had thousands of pending downloads. While the pending list isn't that long the total is well over 130,000 links. I move packages around or set priorities, and if there are packages I don't want to start I either disable them or force a skip.

What I've never had a problem with was links downloading "too many" where it cancelled existing running downloads. But I also almost never force start packages, just individual links.

Also, I leave links I don't want cramming up the queue in linkgrabber rather than moving them all over to the download tab. Now, it would sure be nice to be able to move links BACK to the linkgrabber tab, but that's again a big change.
I already mention the amount above..
At least 1TB of links..

Yes, if you force start a package of links from a single hoster,
it tries to download 5 simultaneous downloads at a time.

I have notice some of the popular hosters don't like that..
cos they consider it as too many connections
especially when we are already downloading multiple chunks from that hoster (which are already multiple connections)..

you can try this yourself to see..

Yes, I have already left links in the linkgrabber tab,
but these links in the download tab are links I intend to download,
just not immediately..

If I left most of the links in the linkgrabber tab, it would get too big and you forget which links you want to download..since the queue tab is always grabbing links from the clipboard.

Being able to move links from download tab back to the linkgrabber tab is also a good idea/feature suggestion.

Last edited by madmax2; 18.12.2017 at 10:16.
Old 18.12.2017, 02:16
JD VIP

Quote:
I can probably count on one hand how many times I have read about this (change how core queue behaviour of JDownloader). This is usually due to the lack of understanding of existing features or unaware of existing features.

In respects to force start number, there is ability to define that in advanced setting 'GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads'.
You can also define the ability to set max sim dl per hoster in advanced setting 'GeneralSettings.domainrules'

Jiaz will say the same thing I will force start isn't meant to be used in this fashion. But sure please wait until Monday and he most likely will respond.

raztoki
Actually I never asked for any "change how core queue behaviour of JDownloader"

Just asking for a way to set the max simultaneous downloads of a force start package due to the issue of hosters I used not allow me to download 5 simultaneous downloads..

This "advanced setting 'GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads'" is a good work around solution to at least enforce 3 max downloads per package..

Though if that package had multiple hosters, then I can't download from other hosters..since only 3 downloads can occur per package.

A better advance setting that could be implemented is
'GeneralSettings.maxforceddownloads_per_hoster

Hope this gets implemented in a future update
Old 18.12.2017, 09:50
Black Hole

Well, 1TB of links isn't that much... My 135,000+ is 11.5TB worth.

But i download primarily from filelockers. Which only allow one simultaneous download each in free mode, so even if I force start, it only starts one. There are exceptions, like Zippyshare, or the extremely rare (like 28 days out of the last 3 years) where I had a premium account. I have max chunks set to 1, because I've never seen a difference turning it up.

What I'm wondering is if you've hit a situation where the plugin is simply not set properly in allowing 5 simultaneous downloads if 3 is all it allows. I don't know what hoster you're having that happen with.
Old 24.01.2018, 16:25
JD Manager

Quote:
A change that is on todo list
Old 24.01.2018, 16:39
JD Manager

Old 25.01.2018, 03:13
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Thanks for adding the feature request.

Glad you saw this topic
and can see the problem
and why the feature is needed.

Quote: