JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 28.11.2010, 16:07
DarterBull

ok ... restarted JD ... then had to go into the program file for jdk ... into bin file & clicked on jconsole. It popped up something that says JConsole:New Connection. It shows JD on it ... but nothing about the buttons you mentioned ... no graphs ... nothing for a thread dump. I assume I'm doing this wrong. If someone tells me what to do ... I'll do it & try to help.
Old 28.11.2010, 16:10
Grimninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarterBull View Post
ok ... restarted JD ... then had to go into the program file for jdk ... into bin file & clicked on jconsole. It popped up something that says JConsole:New Connection. It shows JD on it ... but nothing about the buttons you mentioned ... no graphs ... nothing for a thread dump. I assume I'm doing this wrong. If someone tells me what to do ... I'll do it & try to help.
I was like this and just explored around.

When you open JD click on the one thats like C:\program file\jdownloader etc and click connect.
You will see a bunch of tabs on top, click on the threads tab and you will see stuff like Reference Handlers under Threads and when you click on that some text will appear on the right hand box, copy and paste each and every individual one and post it here.
Old 28.11.2010, 16:15
DarterBull

I'm sorry if I sound dumb ... but trying to follow along. So I should be in the JDownloader program file ... NOT in the jdk program file? And I need to start JD from there instead of my desktop?
Old 28.11.2010, 16:18
Grimninja

Start JD, download and when JD freezes, go and open jconsole in java.

When you open it you will get 2 options under local processes, select the jdownloader option.
Old 28.11.2010, 16:23
DarterBull

ok ... will do. So I'll close that console now ... & open it when JD freezes. Thanks for your help.
Old 28.11.2010, 16:25
pcupm

I can tell:

-Im a registered non-premium MU user
-If you wait long enough, JD recovers!... to freze again some time later. So it depends of when you look at the program... must be lucky to find it recovered because it freezes again minutes later, but it seems to always recover again!

conection problem in my opinion, something related with something the guys in MU changed
Old 28.11.2010, 16:26
JD Manager

okay, confirmed it is megaupload
somehow their servers are stalling while the connections are closed
that takes alot of time and while that a gui freeze can happen and that takes till the connection is finally closed. will see if i can fix it
Old 28.11.2010, 16:28
pcupm

also:

i have automatic router reconection enabled... now its ok (i havent touch anything since my first dump) and downloading at 1MB/S... i think it has reconected the router a couple of times.
Old 28.11.2010, 16:32
DarterBull

Glad you found the problem Jiaz. So I'll not worry about that dump file for now, & I'll just check back here later to see if you have a fix. (maybe just be sent on an update ... I dunno) But thanks for all your attention in this matter.
Old 28.11.2010, 16:58
JD Manager

I have bad bad news :(
Unfortunately i cannot write a workaround for this megaupload issue, cause it would need changes deep inside downloadcore. That's why there is no other chance (except to hope that megaupload will fix these server issues) than to upgrade JDownloader to the Nightly Version.

The Nightly is our current DeveloperVersion, that will become our next Stable version in future. It's currently used by around 14k users.

PLEASE DO AN MANUAL BACKUP FIRST. BACKUP YOUR CONFIG FOLDER IN JD, SO YOU CAN RESTORE IT IN CASE SOMETHING FAILS. JUST BACKUP FOR THE WORST CASE

In order to upgrade to nightly edition you can use 2 methods
1.) download http://update0.jdownloader.org/JDownloaderNIGHTLY.exe into your jd folder
1.1.) close jd and start JDownloaderNIGHTLY.exe once (it will change version and upgrade jd)
1.2.) after update you are running nightly edition (also automatic updates)
1.3.) megaupload should work fine and no longer freeze the gui

2.) instead of downloading the JDownloaderNIGHTLY.exe , you can read here how to switch versions
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...9&postcount=33
Old 28.11.2010, 17:22
pcupm

Thanks for all your work Jiaz
Old 28.11.2010, 17:30
DarterBull

I wouldn't call that bad news if it works. That's a fast, simple way to solve our problems. I figured it would take days or longer for you to find a solution. I'm doing as you said while typing this. Hopefully it takes care of it. Thanks again for your help !!

Already finished updating ... all my old files still there ... as well as PWs for rar files & so on. Can't get much easier than that. <smile> If you don't hear from me in this thread again, you can assume it no longer freezes up. If it does ... I'll let ya know.

Take care all.

Last edited by DarterBull; 28.11.2010 at 17:33.
Old 28.11.2010, 17:41
rfc52

been using the night version and when i am downloading it is saying network problems and stopping the download not freezing just stopping and skipping to the next then need to restart that download again this is with mu
Old 28.11.2010, 17:44
JD Manager

then its very likely that some servers of mu have issues, but nightly can handle with them. a logfile can show me what kind of probems the mu servers have.

i can load from mu fine without anyissues. maybe overloaded servers or some routing issues.
Old 28.11.2010, 17:55
reckone1999

just wanted to add that i was using megaupload as well, so perhaps it has something to do with, if it's not the culprit itself. i'm now using fileserve, and its working fine
Old 28.11.2010, 17:58
Warrior7

Thanks for the fix Jiaz!
Old 28.11.2010, 17:59
rfc52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
then its very likely that some servers of mu have issues, but nightly can handle with them. a logfile can show me what kind of probems the mu servers have.

i can load from mu fine without anyissues. maybe overloaded servers or some routing issues.
hi mate just to clear it up now it restarted the download that said network problems and it has been fine no more problems. And thanks again for the link to night version,it is much appreciated regarding the quick response to the problems keep up the good work:thumbup:
Old 28.11.2010, 18:02
reckone1999

whoops, didnt see those new posts, thanks for your quick and effective solution, its very much appreciated.
Old 28.11.2010, 19:31
z98

thank you thank you!
Old 28.11.2010, 20:39
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post

i can load from mu fine without any issues. maybe overloaded servers or some routing issues.
However i want to inform you that removing the last Java update (22) my two PCs do not freeze. Now they download from Mega (premium or not) without problem from about 4 hours.

I will wait for you new version and until the new JD version i will not update Java

bye