JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 18.09.2011, 23:55
crstnd

Default "Server does not support chunkload"

Hi,

Almost all the problems I have with JD I solve by just walking on the forum, but this problem could not find a solution.
I have a premium account in Filesonic and Wupload and both of them after downloading a few minutes I get "Server does not support chunkload" error and I have to restart the download.

Is there any solution for this?

thank you in advance!
Old 19.09.2011, 00:24
English Supporter

Sounds like false positive on the error message.

Not sure why this happens, I've seen it mentioned multiple times now. How many connections are you using (max con per file + max dl) ? what speed is your internet?

Can you also upload log http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...reate-a-jd-log , don't forget to give us the pastebin url. Maybe it will explain the situation more.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 19.09.2011, 09:59
remi

@crstnd

This can be a problem caused by the IWF filter if you're from the UK.

Please also mention the versions of those plug-ins you're using. There seems to be a problem with those plug-ins after the recent plug-in update.
Old 19.09.2011, 15:38
crstnd

i set max con. to 1. if it's more than 1 i got "unexpected rangeheader format null" error.
my download speed from rapidshare for example it's 1.5Mb for second.
i'm from israel.
i dont know the version of the plug-in, but they ar the last version

my log:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/53475
Old 19.09.2011, 16:40
Community Manager

Then use less connections (or one) and the problem is solved

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 19.09.2011, 17:31
crstnd

you dont understand, the problem also exists when the max con. is 1.

I was just say that when I'm set to more than 1 there is another problem.
Old 13.10.2011, 11:58
remi

Can you please upload a new log that clearly shows the problem "Server does not support chunkload" and your "Max. Con." equals 1? Thanks.
Old 13.10.2011, 13:56
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

Wrong forum --> moved to General Bugreports.
Please read the rules and provide a proper bugreport. Unfortunately, pastebin is still not working.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 19.10.2011, 05:44
escape2004

I'm having the same problem as OP. Was working fine yesterday using max. con. 4. Today I can only use max.con.1 and after a while I get the "Server does not support chunkload". Location Thailand. Filesonic plugin ver. 15005

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/56747

UPDATE

While checking for additional solutions to this problem, I found a post from remi concerning add blockers. I had updated to ADblock Plus 1.3.10 yesterday and this seems to have caused my problem. After disabling this add blocker the problems I was having cleared up and downloading is now back to normal.

Last edited by escape2004; 19.10.2011 at 06:56. Reason: Update
Old 23.11.2011, 01:57
escape2004

This same problem is back once again. Was working fine yesterday using max. con. 4. Today I can only use max.con.1 and after a while I get the "Server does not support chunkload". Location Thailand. Filesonic plugin ver. 15005

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/61647

Example files:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Additional log
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/61653

Last edited by escape2004; 23.11.2011 at 02:56. Reason: add files
Old 23.11.2011, 02:53
English Supporter

30 11/23/11 6:48:10 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> SEVERE Exception occurred
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

firewall , antivirus , live http/web/link scanner software (av/fw/malware), ISPs, firewalls on router/modems, can all cause this these problems (in sequence of most to least likely)

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 23.11.2011, 09:55
remi

@escape2004

Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.
Old 11.01.2012, 19:57
madascene

Although the problem is marked solved, it really isn't solved. So I request the devs to take a closer took. There are already too many threads on this issue, hence I am using an existing thread instead of opening another one.

I too am getting "Server does not support chunkload" errors randomly during downloads or while trying to resume any Megaupload or Fileserve links. I have premium accounts on both these sites and also on Filesonic and Wupload but I am not getting this error for the last two hosts. None of these accounts are due to expire within the next 8 months atleast and I can confirm that they aren't blocked as I can login and download/resume just fine via browser.

I am only using 1 connection and 1 simultaneous downloads. When I attempted to download using more than one connection, I am getting the error "Unexpected rangeheader format:null".

Steps I have taken so far with no results:
1) Changed password of all accounts
2) Updated Java to latest version and restarted computer
3) Added java.exe and javaw.exe to Windows 7 firewall exclusions.
4) Completely disabled Avast AV by disabling self defense.

Here's the log:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/68470

Example links:

P.S. I am not from UK, hence the IWF filter problem doesn't apply to me.

Note: Resetting the download works but the error persists as soon as I stop and resume any link. So its not really a solution.

Last edited by madascene; 11.01.2012 at 20:02.
Old 11.01.2012, 20:50
Freeloader

madascene You should uninstall the virus program and try without it disabling it wont help
Old 12.01.2012, 06:23
madascene

Freeloader, tried your advice too. Uninstalled AV, turned off firewall but still no result. I have reinstalled the AV back after all the experimentation as I don't wanna leave my PC unprotected. I dont see how AV/firewall can be causing problems since the problem is with only two hosts, others working fine. I am now at a dead end and waiting for the devs to hopefully come up with a breakthrough.
Old 12.01.2012, 10:05
remi

Cool

I recommend the following steps :-

1) If you've virus software, please un-install it and reboot your computer. It's possible you need special removal software and registry cleaners to remove the virus.

2) If you've a firewall in your router please un-install the firewall on your computer and reboot your computer, otherwise install another firewall, configure it, remove the old one and reboot your computer.
Old 12.01.2012, 12:03
madascene

@remi

1) Already did that as mentioned in previous post. No result.

2) I don't have any firewall other than default Windows 7 firewall. Already configured it to allow all incoming and outgoing connections for java.exe and javaw.exe. I have even tried completely turning off the firewall. Nothing has worked. I also don't use a router.
Old 12.01.2012, 13:14
remi

Then you should install another firewall and remove the old one. Don't forget to restart your computer.

Note that trying to completely turning off a firewall isn't sufficient. At the same time you might also lose your protection.
Old 12.01.2012, 15:07
madascene

Ah remi come on, you know there is no way to remove the Windows 7 firewall. I don't see how installing a third party firewall on top of it would solve the problem as W7 firewall is the least intrusive of any firewall.

I don't know why we keep going back and forth with the firewall issue as if it was the culprit, it would have caused the same problems with Rapidshare, Filesonic and Wupload but they are working fine.

I hope some dev has taken a look at this thread by now. May be he/she can say what's going on.

Last edited by madascene; 12.01.2012 at 15:09.
Old 12.01.2012, 16:26
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

@madascene: Looks like a hoster server-sided error, it's not common that you can download from some hosts and cannot from others.
I contacted a developer, he will answer later this day.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!