JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.11.2011, 12:57
bonded333

Default Latest Update - tried all solutions, still not working

Hi Jiaz & all,
Thanks for all your efforts and comments on this issue to date.

I am running OSX 10.6.8 and since updating last Mac Java 29 update have had all the issues - blue spinning ball, frame freeze, etc.... I notice on other web blogs that others have had issues after this update - Mozilla are blaming Apple for a bug in the MAC JAVA 29 Update for affecting their browser, while other Gamers are saying similar things about the Mac update.

I have tried EVERYTHING so far mentioned on this blog thread!

I downloaded a new JD, and once it had the same problems (when trying to download) tried to update to nightly. It ran okay initially then stopped again.

I tried to update to nightly for my normal JD, but it said "console errors" stopped the update. Then I re-downloaded JD and it worked fine since yesterday Sunday. Then it stopped today. I tried to download Nightly again - but its the blue ball again!!

Can you give me EXACT instructions for a MAC 10.6.8 user for Nightly update process please?

Or else, how to un-do latest MAC JAVA update?

Thanks
Old 15.11.2011, 10:01
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonded333 View Post
Can you give me EXACT instructions for a MAC 10.6.8 user for Nightly update process please?
What is Nightly and Where do I Get it?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonded333 View Post
Or else, how to un-do latest MAC JAVA update?
I would contact Apfel to explain your problems with that java version.
Old 15.11.2011, 10:44
JD Manager

yes, it is caused by the apple java update
you can see similar reports here
hxxps://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=700835
hxxps://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=694896

let's hope that apple will release a bugfix or someone finds a way to *downgrade* java version
Old 16.11.2011, 05:41
bardiya_z

I just registered to inform you all that:
1)install
2)Update
3)Delete everything in config folder[/Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/config/]
4)run the app and you'll be fine after updating again.
Old 16.11.2011, 13:18
brickbat

Default OS X Lion recent update causes UI hang

Hi, I'm running OS X 10.7.2. Yesterday I updated to 0.9.581 and now the UI is non responsive. All it shows is a spinning blue ball will the mouse pointer. The OS X menubar works but the embedded Java one does not work. The app starts and will minimize and open when I click on the dock icon but other than that I can't do anything. Any downloads I have running will complete as normal.
Old 16.11.2011, 13:18
realrmg

Hey, i had just the same problem with my 10.7.2 Mac OS X.
I navigate to applications -> jdownloader -> Contents -> Resources -> app -> config and deleted all the files. Then I started jdownloader, install the updates and now everything is fine. (also after download some stuff, restart ...)
Old 16.11.2011, 13:35
English Supporter

Threads merged

@realrmg have a read of this thread, its related to apples fubared java.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.11.2011, 00:30
artnotwar

Question Jdownloader freezing.

My girl is using OSX version 10.7.2, java version 1.6.0_29 and Jdownloader version 0.9.581. She has her firewall turned off.

Whenever she opens the program, it freezes. She can't do anything with it. She can't create a log because the whole thing freezes. It just looks like it's loading for a very long time, and then when the loading mouse turns back to a normal mouse, she still can't click anything.

She has re-installed and still no luck.

She is kind of new to using a mac, so as far as she knows to uninstall the program you just put the icon it the trash and empty the trash. After she did this she has the same problem and it's still unusable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 17.11.2011, 00:34
artnotwar

She just informed me that whenever she clicks anywhere in the program after launching it makes it freeze.
Old 17.11.2011, 03:15
English Supporter

read the thread above, please search before making new threads

highlight == apple version of java..

Old 18.11.2011, 02:00
cranley50

Default latest update - still NO PROGRESS on JDownloader & Apple Java Update

Hi Guys

I know and really do appreciate ALL your efforts here.

As I said previously, I followed EACH & EVERY step suggested since last week. Everything mentioned, many times so far ....

I asked about the EXACT Mac procedure as I had indeed followed the steps outlined here many times since Sunday without success - it works for a while, then stops... Hence the request for the "EXACT" process.

The reference to the "merged thread" is NOT helpful as it answers nothing and offers no help to this matter. Can you please explain how this helps?

So a week after this problem, we are not any more advanced. The same problems exist, and the only solution to date is "wait for Apple to update"?

The NIGHTLY solution works for a while, but later "after latest updates" stops working again. Another complete install I suppose?

Let us know if you find a solution or a Java re-install. But please don't refer us to another thread with no reference to this issue... it doesn't help.

:outch:
Old 18.11.2011, 09:18
Zetaprime

i have the same problem with jdownloader on macOSX Lion with the latest Java version. Like someone else mentioned, resizing the window allows you to see the effects of your action. I tried that hint about putting 32-bit first in Java prefs, but that had no effect. From what I'm reading here it looks like no Jdownloader for us Mac folks till either Java or Jdownloader gets fixed.:(

Last edited by Zetaprime; 18.11.2011 at 09:20.
Old 18.11.2011, 09:35
Zetaprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by realrmg View Post
Hey, i had just the same problem with my 10.7.2 Mac OS X.
I navigate to applications -> jdownloader -> Contents -> Resources -> app -> config and deleted all the files. Then I started jdownloader, install the updates and now everything is fine. (also after download some stuff, restart ...)
How exactly do you do that..when I go to applications -> jdownloader and click on that it just starts jdownloader. Where is Contents, etc?
Old 18.11.2011, 09:45
remi

The method realrmg describes might work when the problem is related to the database jD keeps of all your links and settings. Similar problems exist for the update 26 that breaks jD's database on all platforms.

Before you delete thah folder be sure to have downloaded/copied all your links, because jD will start up with an empty database.

If you can't find the config folder with a simple disk search tool, please wait for someone who knows the Mac OS.
Old 18.11.2011, 10:00
macaw000

I have the same problem like all of you (Java 1 6 29 + Lion).... The spinning blue ball... And jdownloader screen freezes...

After I will try to delete the config folder...

Cheers,
Old 18.11.2011, 13:33
cranley50

Forgive me for asking, but why doesn't JD log a call with Apple Helpdesk and ask them what to do to restore either the previous Java update on Lion or Snow Leopard or try help identify the issues for JD?

Failing that, there are plenty of Mac users using JD, why not email Apple directly or log the issue with the 30+ Apple Support Blogs on the Net?

I have sent the issue to 3-4 already last weekend to get their attention... This issue to not alone to JD, lots of Gamers, Foxfire and others have issues also.
Old 18.11.2011, 13:52
remi

A bureaucratic company like Apfel will only react when a large customer is complaining or when profits are decreasing because of a particular problem. Do you remember the case with the bad batteries?

I don't think jD will make any difference but it can be tried. The message might just disappear in a black hole though.
Old 18.11.2011, 14:09
English Supporter

That said java is cross programming language/platform, it's required for browsers (applets etc). Like mention, games like minecraft are very popular and if it's causing issues with that I'm sure apple are aware of the problem by now. It's a pitty you can not revert java (jre/jdk).

Old 19.11.2011, 06:29
dods

Had the same problem and what I did was was to reinstall all java.pkg from my install disc ( i am on OS X 10.6.8, and i installed using Pacifist and OS X 10.6.3 retail.dmg restored to a partition ). In Java preferences now i can chose between java 1.6.0_17 or 1.60_29. Using the former Jdownloader is working normally again.

Last edited by dods; 19.11.2011 at 10:13.
Old 19.11.2011, 16:25
craiigman

I also have this issue, running a Mac as well.