Old 19.11.2011, 17:19
English Supporter

fix for all mac users: install a unix/linux/windows == win win

;p

*runs away*

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 20.11.2011, 10:14
remi

LOL. Windoze on a Mac. Billy Gate$ will like that.
Old 20.11.2011, 10:50
Zetaprime

I tried that tip about deleting the files in the config folder..and it worked. JD now working as it should.
Old 20.11.2011, 14:11
dream21

fix for SL and Lion X

open terminal windows and just type :

cd /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java
sudo java -jar jdupdate.jar -branch NIGHTLY

relaunch and you are ready
Old 20.11.2011, 17:18
resetme

Quote:
Originally Posted by realrmg View Post
Hey, i had just the same problem with my 10.7.2 Mac OS X.
I navigate to applications -> jdownloader -> Contents -> Resources -> app -> config and deleted all the files. Then I started jdownloader, install the updates and now everything is fine. (also after download some stuff, restart ...)

ty! is working now :D
Old 21.11.2011, 08:02
Amazingsloth

Default I'll admit it - I'm a noob so maybe it's obvious

But I've looked all over for this jdownload config folder - in my applications I see the jdownloader icon - but that's all. no folder. I also did a finder search for jdown and only see the app icon and the destination folder for the downloads. I had no idea how critical this little tool was - until it got taken away. So please - somebody tell me I'm stupid and it's someplace obvious - cause I'm all for giving the reset idea a chance. Thanks in advance.
Old 21.11.2011, 08:14
Zetaprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazingsloth View Post
But I've looked all over for this jdownload config folder - in my applications I see the jdownloader icon - but that's all. no folder. I also did a finder search for jdown and only see the app icon and the destination folder for the downloads. I had no idea how critical this little tool was - until it got taken away. So please - somebody tell me I'm stupid and it's someplace obvious - cause I'm all for giving the reset idea a chance. Thanks in advance.
At first I had the same difficulty, but discovered that if you open the terminal and use the command line you can get to those files which aren't visible in Finder.
Old 21.11.2011, 08:17
Zetaprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream21 View Post
fix for SL and Lion X

open terminal windows and just type :

cd /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java
sudo java -jar jdupdate.jar -branch NIGHTLY

relaunch and you are ready
That's a bit more extreme than necessary. I don't think most folks want to be running nightly builds. Better to just delete config files.
Old 21.11.2011, 08:25
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazingsloth View Post
Right-click the JDownloader app in the Finder and select "Show Package Contents". From there you should be able to find the path as specified within the application bundle.
Old 22.11.2011, 01:38
Amazingsloth

Default Thank you Kdean! Awesome

That worked - couldn't get the 'terminal' method to work - but what you said did. Deleted the config and it appears to be working again.

My woman thanks you
My Father thanks you
I thank you
but my ISP isn't diggin' you so much.
Old 28.11.2011, 03:03
bardiya_z

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardiya_z View Post
I just registered to inform you all that:
1)install
2)Update
3)Delete everything in config folder[/Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/config/]
4)run the app and you'll be fine after updating again.
2 weeks ago I've explained a working solution, step by step, what are you still looking for!?
Old 29.11.2011, 09:06
eknox24

Default JDownloader freezes when i start a download

it use to be a great product untill 5 days ago when it decided to stop working! how hard is it to write code that works? i have an apple mac can anyone suggest anything? im giving up on this companies lousy software!
Old 29.11.2011, 10:29
English Supporter

its more than likely that your java updated with apple updates.

how hard is it to make a correct thread to the correct section using the correct title?

I'll merge you into the macosx problem, I assume your suffering common problem (not a jdownloader problem, persay).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 29.11.2011, 17:37
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknox24 View Post
it use to be a great product untill 5 days ago when it decided to stop working! how hard is it to write code that works? i have an apple mac can anyone suggest anything? im giving up on this companies lousy software!
JD got no updates since 9.12.2009..Seems working pretty well to me..well...ah..wait..the apple java update...and now it no longer works ....i dont know whom to blame now
Old 03.12.2011, 13:54
mikeeboss

Really struggling to get JDdownloader to work after the latest java update also. I can run the nightly update and it will work but it's a right pain. If i shut the nightly update down and then relaunch it just runs the old version and sits there with the spinning ball. I've tried all the other suggestions in this thread and still no joy, please help as I love jdownloader.
Old 03.12.2011, 13:57
remi

Did you already try the procedure described in post #44?
Old 04.12.2011, 19:10
mikeeboss

Yep, tried that and still no good. Tried uninstalling, new download, install and carry out post 44 and still no good.
Old 07.12.2011, 15:10
francomg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardiya_z View Post
I just registered to inform you all that:
1)install
2)Update
3)Delete everything in config folder[/Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/config/]
4)run the app and you'll be fine after updating again.
Hi, I am also having a problem with JD and I can't figure out a solution. I also see this blue spinning ball and JD is totally unresponsive, I can't do anyting or download at all, it's just a freezing software.
I love JD and I can't stay without it, It's a very good DL manager.

I was going to try your workaround but inside the folder aplications, I can only see the JDownloader app icon, there isn't a contents folder or anything like that to delete files from, not that I could find????
I would really appreciate some help.
I am running MAC OS 10.7.2 Lion. Java version is 1.6 I think, and I casn't find a way to downgrade this version.

Edit: Thanks so much, its working now, I coudn't find the folder contents causeI didn't know I had to right click JD application and choose show package content. I'm still learning about Mac OS, used to be a Windows user, LOL.
It seems to be working fine, I hope it stays like that. It asked to update and its working after this update, hopefully, I was afraid the update would mess up things again.

I have Parallels installed and using Windows 7 as a virtual machine, I was running JD in my virtual Windows machine and it works flawlessly, but I am happy I can use JD in Mac OS as well, I don't run Windows virtual all the time.

JD is simply the best download manager ever made by man, hope it stays like that... Keep up the good work devs.

Last edited by francomg; 07.12.2011 at 16:31.
Old 09.12.2011, 15:56
TizzyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by francomg View Post
Hi, I am also having a problem with JD and I can't figure out a solution. I also see this blue spinning ball and JD is totally unresponsive, I can't do anyting or download at all, it's just a freezing software.
I love JD and I can't stay without it, It's a very good DL manager.

I was going to try your workaround but inside the folder aplications, I can only see the JDownloader app icon, there isn't a contents folder or anything like that to delete files from, not that I could find????
I would really appreciate some help.
I am running MAC OS 10.7.2 Lion. Java version is 1.6 I think, and I casn't find a way to downgrade this version.

Edit: Thanks so much, its working now, I coudn't find the folder contents causeI didn't know I had to right click JD application and choose show package content. I'm still learning about Mac OS, used to be a Windows user, LOL.
It seems to be working fine, I hope it stays like that. It asked to update and its working after this update, hopefully, I was afraid the update would mess up things again.

I have Parallels installed and using Windows 7 as a virtual machine, I was running JD in my virtual Windows machine and it works flawlessly, but I am happy I can use JD in Mac OS as well, I don't run Windows virtual all the time.

JD is simply the best download manager ever made by man, hope it stays like that... Keep up the good work devs.
francomg,

Apps on a mac are just folders with special formatting in their structure and an extension of .app at the end of the folder name.

If you open terminal (your friendly app found in /Applications/Utilities), do the following:

ls /Applications

You will find in that list the jdowloader application as jDownloader.app. Now, to go into the config folder (yep, it's just a folder) in the jDownloader application, type:

cd /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/config

Here, if you type ls (for list), you will see the database.properties, database.script, and version.cfg files. I always save a copy before deleting, so I would type:

mkdir old && cp *.* old && rm *.*

This command creates a directory called old, then copies the old files into the old directory, and lastly deletes the old files from their present location.

Start the app up, and your configuration will be gone.
Old 19.12.2011, 07:07
Freeloader

bardiya_z fallowed your workaround

I had a user today with the same issue, we deleted the config folder and everything was back to normal. So possible workaround is to delete the config folder. /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/config/

Last edited by Freeloader; 19.12.2011 at 07:48.