JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.01.2012, 19:26
khorght

Default jdownloader freezes under mac os

lates jdownloader freezes right after start or a little bit late after start, only Gui freezes, i'm keep getting captcha an see activity in firewall and successfull downloads.
Old 16.01.2012, 21:03
MrPertapa

Default Blue spinning wheel, costant freeze.

Hello,
I just got Jdownloader, and it was working fine for a while. I downloaded a few files with no problems.
But when I was copying and pasting some youtube URLs, and they accidentally showed up in Jdownloader, I got problems (not sure if the youtube URLs are responsible for my problem). I deleted the URLs in JD, but from then on JD is in a state of constant freeze, and I cant seem to do anything. There is only the spinning blue wheel showing. The only things I can do is to shut the program down. I deleted JD and the files I was downloading, and re-installed it, but the blue wheel is still there.

I hope there is someone here who can help me with this.
I am running JD on a MAC OS X 10.6.8
JD version is 0.9.581

Thanks.
Old 17.01.2012, 03:28
English Supporter

If it is related to something in the clipboard, clear it or copy something else and restart JD.

Otherwise, please read this.

Last edited by tony2long; 17.01.2012 at 04:57.
Old 17.01.2012, 10:46
remi

Cool

@MrPertapa

If you want to avoid the clipboard related problem, you can disable clipboard monitoring/observation in jD's toolbar. There might be something in your clipboard that jD can't digest.
Old 17.01.2012, 13:26
MrPertapa

Thanks for the replies. It turns out I have the same Java problem as everyone else here. I guess I will wait for an update of either Java or JD and then hopefully this problem will go away. I tried emptying the config-folder of Jdownloader, but no change.
Old 17.01.2012, 13:42
English Supporter

Use old Java, read this.
Old 04.03.2012, 11:07
JD Addict

Default working so far

I read this thread with delight and dread: delight that the problem was widespread and we have a good handle of where the problem is; dread that it's a waiting game, and Apple (oder Apfel) likes to wait and verify any fixes internally after a fix already exists in the wild.

Anyway, I DL'd the NIGHLTY update, and it came right up and started working. So, here's what I did.:

1. Open Terminal
2. Copy and paste the first command (cd.......) and hit enter
3. Copy and paste the second command (sudo......) and hit enter
4. Lion gives you a warning about sudo, and you say "get on with it"
5. enter your password.

then jdupdate starts spewing stuff in Terminal and opens a big window full of updates and bargraphs. Everything finished okay after 15min or so, and JD relaunches itself.

What I did NOT do: delete any config files.
Old 04.03.2012, 11:33
JD Addict

And then after about 10-15 minutes, the UI freezes and I get the SPOD (spinning pizza of death). Activity Monitor says JDownloader is note responding. No improvement.
Old 11.03.2012, 23:44
ro6ot

hey so I'm having the same issue on my mac; just wanted to pipe in though since it hasn't been mentioned in a while so I think a lot of people might have missed it earlier in the thread- YOU CAN STILL USE JDOWNLOADER, it isn't REALLY frozen, java just for some reason "thinks" it is.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RESIZE THE WINDOW by grabbing the corner, and it will refresh to whatever tab, file, or sub-menu item you selected. it is a pretty big pain in the butt, but it is a working workaround at the moment!
Old 12.03.2012, 06:08
geogolem

This issue has been giving me problems for quite a long time. I am surprised there is no fix yet.
Old 12.03.2012, 06:11
English Supporter

got to love apple and insisting on there own updates == lame

try to install sun/oracle java some how, see if the situation improves.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.03.2012, 13:46
holacarol

Quote:
Originally Posted by realrmg View Post
Hey, i had just the same problem with my 10.7.2 Mac OS X.
I navigate to applications -> jdownloader -> Contents -> Resources -> app -> config and deleted all the files. Then I started jdownloader, install the updates and now everything is fine. (also after download some stuff, restart ...)
Same thing to me with 10.7.3 Mac OS X. Thank you for your solution, now it's working great!!!
Old 24.03.2012, 03:22
cathayboy

Default Jdownloader on IMAC

Been user of Jdownloader for longtime, however just installed latest updates to jdownloader, and the program wont work.

when you open jdownloader nothin works, only a blue spinning globe. have unistalled and reloaded jdownloader but still the same.

as i said , problem started after latest updates installed 2 days ago
Old 31.03.2012, 00:45
MColectivo

Post How to solve this

Hi

Well i will tell you how to solve this, you just have to do this, go to contents/MacOS and execute JavaApplicationStub and terminal will open and it will say has completed something then Open Jdownloader and It will works fine again im not sure if you have to do this each time you gonna use jdownloader. But It solved my problem with Freeze and spin blue ball.

:)
Old 04.04.2012, 09:42
JD Addict

I am currently trying this solution. I started this AFTER taking today's Java [security] update for Lion 001 and rebooting. JD is currently running two download files from DF and OR at 900k max and hasn't frozen yet (4-5min), whereas before JD would SPOD within a minute. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

Note the JD will open by itself--you don't have to "open Jdownloader". It will also leave two Terminal windows open: a shell and a console for JD (at least in my instance--probably depends on what you last used Terminal for).

Not a complete solution: the UI (very important fact) froze when the first DL got to 659M/1.25G and the second got to 27M/219M (after finishing the first 451M). However, the files kept downloading with the 1.25G finishing completely and the 219 also finishing. The first WMV was okay and the two-part RAR unpacked fine.

However, the OR files did not continue after the 1.25G completion, possibly because of out-of-order execution: I had marked the second file as High Priority to test a >1GB issue I had been having with OR. So now, no other OR files are DLing.

The DF streams, on the other hand, continue on and are now on the fourth file.

Last edited by raztoki; 04.04.2012 at 11:22.
Old 04.04.2012, 23:53
JD Legend

Jut an FYI Apple finally updated the Java due to the latest Flashback malware exploiting the unpatched Java vulnerability

Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 7 delivers improved reliability, security, and compatibility for Java SE 6.
Java for OS X Lion 2012-001 delivers improved reliability, security, and compatibility for Java SE 6
This release updates Java SE 6 to version 1.6.0_31

There are two seperate security updates one for Lion and one for SL
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Lion)
There is a separate one for SL also **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Snow Leopard)

I have not seen any problems yet on SL with the update but I am still testing it as I can.

Be sure to close/quit JD completely before updating along wiht any other app using java.

Last edited by Statter; 04.04.2012 at 23:59.
Old 14.04.2012, 00:08
stevenmusicmaker

Before I did a Java software update back at the end of July, 2011, I read from some jDownloader forum that updating Java on my Macbook Pro would cause me problems with jDownloader, so I delayed doing any Java updating, I could not think of not having jDownloader's help. Then in the middle of February, 2012, I was affected/infected with Flashback G (Intego's naming) which began renaming my Finder windows (LB1 for Label, N21 for Open With) and who knows what else, although I have found all the hidden files and deleted them. Then I found out if I had gone to Safari 'Preference Pane' then 'Security' and unchecked 'Enable Java' that I would not have been susceptible to this malware/trojan, even though I was using an outdated version of Java, which left me open to attack. So I unchecked 'enable Java' and have continued waiting, while using jDownloader, for Java to be updated to a version that jDownloader was okay with or compatible. I have a 2 year old Macbook Pro, running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, running Java SE 6, version 1.6.0_24 (Apple has updated Java several times beginning in July 2011 with Java for Mac OSX 10.6 Update 5 (Java SE 6 v. 1.6.0_2?), then Update 6 (Java SE 6 v. 1.6.0_29) and FINALLY Update 7-for Snow Leopard (Java SE 6, version 1.6.0_31). A similar Update is available for Lion users.

In the mean time I have begun using the free versions of Little Snitch which helps control what comes in/out from my MBPro, as well as the demo version of VirusBarrier X6, which verified I have removed Flashback. (Does not tell me which apps have corrupted code from Flashback, though, if any).

Post #96, by Statter, notes some of these findings. I have not updated Java, yet. Has anyone beside Statter found the most recent Java Update 7 to also be compatible with jDownloader? I have not wanted to update Java and try what post #44 suggested, which was deleting the config file, since jDownloader works nicely on old Java version 1.6.0_24.

I still am having problems with Safari opening Yahoo windows properly, will not open fully so comments are available. I am also having problems with ads downloading 'unknown' files of 3-4 KB automatically into my Safari download folder, and Evernote is Clipping my links instead of opening them in Safari. I do not know if the Flashback malware added some corrupting info to these apps or if they are separate problems. Since we are dealing with this issue in jDownloader because of Java, and because each person here is susceptible if they had old versions of Java during September 2011 when Flashback arrived, I thought I would mention some of these other problems, in case you, too, are dealing with them.

Anyway, my main concern is this: Has the Update 7 for Macbook Pro for Snow Leopard corrected Java so that jDownloader is now compatible with Java 6 SE version 1.6.0_31?

Anyone?

Oh, and a shout out to remi and Jiaz! Thank you for you both! The input you guys give us ALL is invaluable! You guys keep our jDownloader working properly and you help answer our many, many questions! Thank you!
Old 14.04.2012, 04:26
Isabel412
Message deleted by pspzockerscene. Reason: spam!
Old 14.11.2013, 15:20
talski

no solution yet?