JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.04.2012, 03:39
djboy

Default Can't download anything after update?

Hi,
I just started up jD and it prompted to update so I did. Afterwards, I cannot download anything I have on my download list--from ANY host!

It gives no error message. The Play (Start) button greys out for a few seconds and then un-greys without anything happening. I checked the URLs in a browser and the files are accessible. I thought it might just be a particular host (or two) but like I said it's happening with every host I have listed including YouTube, so maybe it's an issue with jD.

Examples:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Version: 0.9.581
Old 25.04.2012, 04:15
Osmuni

Exactly the same thing is happening to me, uninstalled, deleted all the folders, installes again, same problem, it says "missing plugin"
Old 25.04.2012, 04:20
fabio5z

Default Can't download anything after update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djboy View Post
Hi,
I just started up jD and it prompted to update so I did. Afterwards, I cannot download anything I have on my download list--from ANY host!

It gives no error message. The Play (Start) button greys out for a few seconds and then un-greys without anything happening. I checked the URLs in a browser and the files are accessible. I thought it might just be a particular host (or two) but like I said it's happening with every host I have listed including YouTube, so maybe it's an issue with jD.

Examples:

Version: 0.9.581
same thing happens to me
Old 25.04.2012, 04:40
rubiohiguey

Default same here...

same problem here, after an update, cannot download ANYTHING, not even simple HTTP link from a regular website

I hit the start button, it does not do anything, not even initiates download, and after several seconds it stops itself. No error message whatsoever. Again, even for simple HTTP links from regular websites.
Old 25.04.2012, 04:50
FSchmertz

Same problem :(
Old 25.04.2012, 05:01
English Supporter

@djboy
tested links provided they all work for me.

@Osmuni
missing plugin?

@everyone
maybe have to teamview with some of you to figure out your troubles. Jump on http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/chat and find me.

please also provide logs files too.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 25.04.2012 at 05:09.
Old 25.04.2012, 05:02
FSchmertz

Please Please Please take this update down.

And is there a way to roll back?

It's totally frozen, the update button doesn't work, and java freezes so that when I reboot the computer I have to manually shut it down!
Old 25.04.2012, 05:05
English Supporter

There is no a simple way roll back. Manual process is possible if you have backups, you can revert and disable the update system from auto update that can work.

Old 25.04.2012, 05:18
FSchmertz

jdownloader was totally borked on my machine, and since it happened right after that update, I have to suspect that's what did it.

I really think the update should be taken down.

Unless there's some way of rolling back, I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall, 'cause just restoring doesn't seem to do anything.

Can you at least do a fresh install with a previous version?
Old 25.04.2012, 05:20
InfernoRock

I'm having the same problem...
My download was smoothly last night, after todays update all my download stopped automatically like it doesn't have any waiting downloads.
Old 25.04.2012, 05:26
achua15

same problem

but can download if i quickly right click and force download.
Old 25.04.2012, 05:40
English Supporter

Jiaz has issued a fix and pushed updates again
Please close JD
run jdupdate.jar

Last edited by raztoki; 25.04.2012 at 05:43.
Old 25.04.2012, 05:50
FSchmertz

Yes, I have confirmed that if you can manage to turn off letitbit, and do a restore (I even did a reboot) that it works again.

Last edited by FSchmertz; 25.04.2012 at 06:00.
Old 25.04.2012, 05:54
ads_bob

Same thing happens to me also.just update jdownloader. after that can't download anything without any error message. and my premium setting is like hidden until the mouse cursor floating on top the list then it will show up.
Old 25.04.2012, 05:59
FSchmertz

There's a fix just put up in the update by jiaz, just read about it in chat from raztoki (and just noticed his post above saying this same thing!). Turn off JD and it should install in the update.

Last edited by FSchmertz; 25.04.2012 at 06:01.
Old 25.04.2012, 06:12
ads_bob

ok, but where i can download this update?sory. still new using jd. im using mac version
Old 25.04.2012, 06:13
FSchmertz

Shut down, hit the button up top that looks like a world globe, or Alt-A should also work. Then let it check for updates and say OK to the install.

P.S. Seems like there's a manual way to do this if you can't get it to work, but I didn't try that (just turned off letitbit, which eliminated whatever conflict there was with the unfixed update).

Last edited by FSchmertz; 25.04.2012 at 06:22.
Old 25.04.2012, 06:28
FSchmertz

Quote:
run jdupdate.jar
This is in the program file folder in Windows, I think you just have to click it to run it, and it does the necessary update?
Old 25.04.2012, 07:03
ads_bob

try it already, remove my letitbit account.but the update only halfway trought and it like freeze.please help...
Old 25.04.2012, 07:15
ads_bob

. it keep progress like that for hours.