JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 12.08.2012, 07:14
GzyOnline

hi,

i don't have AVG (whatever that is?) i turned off my windows 7 firewall, i went into Chrome and turned off phishing and malware protection (as much as i didn't want to), i even turned off the pop-up blocker, i had initially installed Java 1.7 but after reading the sticky in this forums i uninstalled it i(manually via control panel and using JavaRa), then i installed the latest Java 6 from java's website (update 33), i was still experiencing JD aborting my d/l's, so i uninstalled java 6u33 and installed java 6u32..

i read above re: issues w/rapidgator (my premium service which i am experiencing problems with) so i changed my max. connection from 4-to-1........ and i'm still getting aborted connections :-(

please advise, thank you!

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/92108

so after changing my max. connection from 4-to-1, i was resuming my d/ls by selecting 1)enable 2)resume; turns out in order to update the max. connections, you have to select "reset", not "resume";; trying this now... how it helps!

Last edited by GzyOnline; 12.08.2012 at 07:18. Reason: needed an edit
Old 28.08.2012, 07:07
GzyOnline

okay, this is a pretty clear issue, and not w/jd but w/the host site, rapidgator.. so i'd like to ask, are there any other host sites known, as of today, that have this same issue?: of not working with a connection greater than 1?

i need to take my premium business elsewhere because downloading from rapidgator with a max. connection of 1 is ridiculously slow! today i upped my max to 4 for downloading from crocko and i was quickly reminded of why i pay a lot extra for superspeed internet!.. d/l from rapidgator w/a max of 1 for the past few weeks made me forget! :-/

so if this issue is known to exist with any other hosts i'd like to know because I do not want to give them my business,

THANK YOU!
Old 30.08.2012, 18:29
DigitALL

I do not use windoze, I am a MAC user so it is not the case with viruses and other wicked applications that Bill Gates needs to run. I still get the same problem as others here.
I have netload and uploaded accounts too and do not have such problem.
Downloading via a browser (Safari, Chrome) works. It is obviously a problem with rapidgator or JD.
Why this message is marked as solved???

Last edited by DigitALL; 30.08.2012 at 18:36.
Old 01.09.2012, 20:41
DigitALL

I noticed that downloading only link at the time when using Rapidgator, there are no more errors. For now, I'll do that but it is obviously slower.
There is doubt that the plugin for Rapidgator is screwed or JD itself. Someone should look into it.
Old 03.09.2012, 11:40
JD Manager

rapidgator free -> they try to block it
rapidgator premium -> overloaded servers that do not like many connections, set max connections to 1.
Old 10.09.2012, 04:41
Newbiee

Hai,
I have the same problm here. "No permission to write to hard disk". And it only happens between JD and Rapidgator. I've tried so many things, even put the max download to 1, but the error still occurs.
I have 6 premium accounts with different hosters, and it only happen with Rapidgator.
The problem is, when I use other download manager, such as Orbit, it works fine with Rapidgator, and my other problem is, I love JD so much so I only want to use it with all my dl's including Rapidgator.
I think this problem is not solved yet. And I hope JD could work it out with Rapidgator. Thks.
Old 10.09.2012, 11:16
JD Manager

set max connections to 1 and rightclick reset the links. the reset comes from rapidgator (firewall, overloaded server). reduce connections and you should be able to download fine
Old 10.09.2012, 15:20
itchywolf

I love how you guys are still blaming this on AV/Firewall/browser/ whatever. You guys refuse to do anything to fix this problem on your end, and instead send your users off on wild goose chases, making them close down programs and shut down critical functions that in no way interfere or hinder the operations of ANY OTHER DOWNLOADER EXCEPT JDdownloader. When are you going to get it through your thick skulls that if this issue is something countless users are having issues with, it's something that YOU should address and fix. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO FIX IT! JUST CHANGE THE ERROR MSG TO "SOCKET ERROR, RESUMING DOWNLOAD NOW." Instead of just stopping the download, and wasting everyones time, when all we have to do is click "start" again and it starts downloading just fine. Why won't you do that? How easy is that on your end, WHAT DO YOU GUYS EVEN DO? Why would anyone bother donating money to you when this is how you treat your users?

Hell, I'm still waiting for you guys to increase, or unlimit I should say, your connection timeout time. For some reason, because you are all so full of yourselves, you think you know what is right, and what is normal, and refuse to let us increase our timeout values beyond some ludicrously arbitrary value that you see fit. You claim that if you need to set your connection timeout to a larger value, there is something wrong on your end. Ok. Lets say something IS wrong on my end. Wouldn't it be nice to fix it by just letting me increase my timeout limit beyond your BULLCRAP limit? Why would you limit it? It makes no sense beyond this insane attitude that you have, which is a plague in the programming community. This insane idea that you know everything, can control everything, and it's always the users fault. For instance, this whole "No permissions" issue. Do you know how many headaches you could alleviate, how many needless threads you could avoid being created, if you simply put in a line of code that told JD to resume downloading when the socket is closed, or whatever bullcrap you claim is causing the problem on our ends this year. (This problem has been around since what, 2009? 2007? It's insanity that you blame things people use and need every day, telling them to shut those things down, when they don't interfere with any other, well written programs, other than your POS garbage.) Why won't you increase your connection timeout limit? You can leave it at default, you can add a warning saying "DON'T INCREASE THIS." But telling me there is something wrong if I need to increase it is infuriating. How dare you assume to know how my network is configured? Have you got much experience with real world connection, such as satellite, for instance? Your attitude is disgusting, always assuming and blaming things on other users. It's disgusting, just add an "Auto-resume" function and you would cut the number of these "No Permissions" errors down to almost nothing. That's all we are upset about, coming back and finding your stupid program has just been sitting there, NOT downloading, and I have to click "resume" and it starts back up. You know for a FACT that this is not a permissions issue, yet you refuse to change the damn error message. You refuse to do anything to make your program more compatible with whatever you blame this problem on. It's the most infuriating attitude I've ever see, you guys are freaking impossible to deal with. I can close everything down except JD, and I still get this error. If this is a problem with the proxy that my satellite uses, there is no way for me to fix that. So like me, and the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people who get this exact same error, for the love of god, it's been 5 years of this idiotic error, just change it from "Permissions" to "Socket proxy error" and tell it to re-enable, resume, and start the download again, instead of just having it sit there, being completely useless! WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND! YOU ARE WASTING ALL OF OUR TIME, AND YOUR OWN BY NOT ADDRESSING THIS SIMPLE FIX! IT'S SO EASY TO FIX JUST FIX IT!

------------------------ Thread: 20 -----------------------
20 9/10/12 7:21:04 AM - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Scheduler: checking
20 9/10/12 7:22:04 AM - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Scheduler: checking
20 9/10/12 7:23:04 AM - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Scheduler: checking
20 9/10/12 7:24:04 AM - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Scheduler: checking
20 9/10/12 7:25:04 AM - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Scheduler: checking
20 9/10/12 7:26:04 AM - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Scheduler: checking
EXCEPTION
------------------------ Thread: 710 -----------------------
710 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> SEVERE Exception occurred
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.**External links are only visible to Support Staff**www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.channels.Channels$ReadableByteChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)
at jd.plugins.download.DownloadInterface$Chunk.download(Unknown Source)
at jd.plugins.download.DownloadInterface$Chunk.run0(Unknown Source)
at jd.plugins.download.DownloadInterface$Chunk.run(Unknown Source)
710 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> error occurred while writing to file. Connection reset
710 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Error occured: ERROR_LOCAL_IO
710 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> A critical Downloaderror occured. Terminate...
710 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> ABBORTED BY USER
710 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Chunk finished 0 168939200 bytes

------------------------ Thread: 707 -----------------------
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - FINER [java_downloader] -> onCHunksReady
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Close connections if the are not closed yet
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Closed connection before closing file
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Close File. Let AV programs run
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> DOWNLOAD INCOMPLETE DUE TO FILESIZECHECK
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Error occured: ERROR_DOWNLOAD_INCOMPLETE
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> DOWNLOAD INCOMPLETE DUE TO FILESIZECHECK
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Error occured: ERROR_DOWNLOAD_INCOMPLETE
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> maxFree was = 2
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> maxFree now = 1
707 9/10/12 7:26:06 AM - WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest: ERROR_LOCAL_IO
00100000001001000000000000000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00000000001000000000000000000000 |ERROR_LOCAL_IO
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
ErrorMessage: No permissions to write to hard disk
Old 15.09.2012, 06:42
javakit

Hi all

I'm using avast Internet after update,all I get is no permission to write in hard disk,any solution for my case.

Thanks in advance.
JAvakit
Old 15.09.2012, 10:33
JD Manager

@itchywolf: the error has nothing to do with timeouts! connection reset is something complete different. you can google/wikipedia about it if you dont trust me. and I know what I'm talking about because I give support for over 5 years now...have helped thousands of ppl with all kind of firewll/av/network issues so I know...what I'm talking about.
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
connection resets are not caused by java/jdownloader at all. its the server killing the connection because the downloadserver is overloaded (too many clients/connections). this is nothing special and can always happen.
set max connections to 1 and you should see the issue less often. I even get the problem with other downloadmanagers when using more connections (you can easily try yourself). the problem is that the old downloadsystem aborts the download then. with upcomming jd2 we will have a new downloadsystem that can handle those connection resets and opens new connection again instead aborting the download.
also the message will be different in upcomming jd2. we can't change it in over 3 years old jd version!
Old 17.09.2012, 03:29
rrtzmd

...I posted elsewhere about the same problem with "no permissions to write" etc... I tried the one download at a time method and got some improvement but still a lot of the same old thing...however, I noticed that it also happens on my extabit premium account as well...not as much as on rapidgator but often enough to be annoying...
Old 17.09.2012, 17:21
JD Manager

one download != one connection
set max connection to 1, not max downloads.
Old 12.10.2012, 20:06
clickerX

Default i have an idea

i have this same problem with RapidGator. changing the max connections to 1 does not fix it, but i think i have a good idea for a solution. there is a plug-in called Schedule made by JD-Team. it allows the scheduling of actions that can repeat in intervals as small as 1 minute. JD-Team just needs to add the option for Enable and Resume in the plug-in. then we can make schedules that automatically resume our RapidGator downloads, instead of us having to click it ourselves a million times.

meanwhile i use a program called GhostMouse. it's a free program that records mouse clicks. i hit Ctrl+A to select all my downloads in JD, then i record my mouse clicks as i right click on the files and hit Enable, Resume, and Force Download. i save the recording to a file on my desktop (it's a .gms file). then i edit the file in Notepad. it is really easy to understand how to modify the recording when you see it. i copy the entire contents of the file and paste it a thousand times or so and save it. then i open the recording back up in GhostMouse and i play it. and the next morning i wake up and all the downloads are finished.

hope this helps!
Old 13.10.2012, 03:54
tommy35

I got the same "No permission..." with filepost.com & extabit.com since yesterday ! I have been using Jdownloader for a year now and this is the first time I got this problem . Does this have anything to do with some new updates of Jdownloader ? ( i.e. I allowed Jdownloader to update automatically !! ) .

Please help... I got nothing donloaded in the pst 24 hours !!
Old 19.10.2012, 00:15
DSL Light User

i like to know the answers as well,premium user of extabit here,.... weird thing is i try free user its stable, with premium is has no permission error after a few mb of download from each files, i have to manually resume all ...

problem solved with temp solution:
set max connection to 5 and simultaneous download to just 1

Last edited by hwoarang5; 19.10.2012 at 00:54.