JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 19.10.2013, 20:27
mark909

The latest Java update from Apple for 10.6.8 is Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 17

Even though it says "17" it's not 1.7

Last edited by mark909; 19.10.2013 at 22:20.
Old 19.10.2013, 20:30
Ehrenmitglied

Make a upgrade from the older Version of JD. (0.9.581)
Old 19.10.2013, 20:31
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
What?
Old 19.10.2013, 21:09
mark909

OK, So I went to the last application back-up of 30 August 2013. And replaced the new broken version with that older version. Then I turned off my internet so it couldn't update. Started it. Turn off update. Then turned on my internet.

So far it seems to be working

It says "1229 updates are available"

Also if I go to About JDownloader it says "-last09- Version 0.9.581"

So the new version that doesn't work is the same version number of an older version that does?

While that doesn't make much sense. Either whatever was broken yesterday should be fixed in a new update, or the previous version should be put up for download.

Last edited by mark909; 19.10.2013 at 22:03. Reason: clarified date
Old 19.10.2013, 21:16
Vacuum Cleaner

I'm having the same freezing issue on OSX Lion (10.7.5) and want to let people know that the recommendation upthread to install Oracle Java (I tried with the latest, 1.7.0_45-b18) to replace Apple Java (1.6) does not fix the problem, at least for me. JDownloader (-last09- Version 0.9.581) still freezes up. Wanted to let people know that, because if you install Oracle Java you can no longer use Java in the Chrome browser, which is a hassle (because Java 1.7 is 64-bit and Chrome is 32-bit).

Last edited by Bosco Talwain; 19.10.2013 at 21:26.
Old 19.10.2013, 21:27
noone1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
As for me, let me put it simple (since I'm not very good in english ;-) )

Tried with 0.9.579 and 0.9.581 :
proper uninstall, reboot, then install, reboot, then :
-update => no JD
-no update => no rereading of .jdc and no correct linkgrabber

Just 24h ago, every thing was fine, nothing else changed on my computer,
don't understand what happened, what to do...

And, last but not leats, except the present problem of the new update, can you explain me why, after uninstalling everything, when I install the version I always use for first install on a computer it doesn't work anymore? Did JDownloader update changed anything in the java system files or else?

Thank you
Old 19.10.2013, 21:43
susumu

I'm still using os x 10.5.8 [T_T] and have Java ver 1.6.0_26...
JD was still working perfectly until the last update, now it just freezes all the time.
Old 19.10.2013, 22:16
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone1 View Post
And, last but not leats, except the present problem of the new update, can you explain me why, after uninstalling everything, when I install the version I always use for first install on a computer it doesn't work anymore? Did JDownloader update changed anything in the java system files or else?
Do you mean a version before yesterday's update? Make sure that auto update is turned off.

I think part of the confusion is that it seems like the old working and new broken version have the same version number.

So I don't know if the version now available for download is the older working version or the newer broken version. If it's the latest version, then that's why it doesn't work. If it's an older version that doesn't work, then that is a different problem.

I'm under the impression that JD2 needs Java 1.7. Although the installer should be smart enough to tell the user that.
Old 19.10.2013, 22:38
Planckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark909 View Post
OK, So I went to the last application back-up of 30 August 2013. And replaced the new broken version with that older version. Then I turned off my internet so it couldn't update. Started it. Turn off update. Then turned on my internet.

So far it seems to be working

It says "1229 updates are available"

Also if I go to About JDownloader it says "-last09- Version 0.9.581"

So the new version that doesn't work is the same version number of an older version that does?

While that doesn't make much sense. Either whatever was broken yesterday should be fixed in a new update, or the previous version should be put up for download.
Great idea! Working fine now (so far). I had to go back to May 2013. Time Machine... great invention! Thank you mark909, I was going crazy.
Old 19.10.2013, 22:41
noone1

Quote:
If it's an older version that doesn't work, then that is a different problem.
yes, except that it worked fine before I made this new update. In clear, even after uninstalling anything, I can't have my old version (old exe file that I always used and that had always been ok, with no problem) working correctly.
Do I have to delete some hidden files, registry entries, reinstall java? I don't know, but the last update in addition to not working made something that prevent me to have my older version working correctly now...
Old 19.10.2013, 23:01
Junior Loader

I downgraded jD earlier today (see my previous message).
I currently run -last09- Version 0.9.581 (this increment doesn't seem to change after yesterday's updates) and 779 updates are available and waiting again...
Right now, I installed Java SE 6 1.6.0_65-b14-462 through software update.
Everything's fine with jD.

The bug came definitely within yesterday's jD updates...
Old 19.10.2013, 23:02
bonded333

Default Same Freezing after a dew seconds

JD worked fine until today - did the 1220 updates last night and has been trouble ever since ...

Running latest MAC software but didn't update the Java yet - as last time was a disaster for JD install as well.

If you don't have a solution for tomorrow, then can you show us where we download the older (working) version and lets all get going again please??

Thanks for all your help!
Old 19.10.2013, 23:14
echo

Quote:
So I downloaded JD2. The installer appears to install a new runtime environment, then it says it will take me to install4j wizard, and then nothing. I can't seem to find it on my hard drive either.

What are the system requirements for JD2? Oddly, there is nothing on the main download page. I've tried searching here, but still can't find it.
same here.... jd2 hangs on wizard
thought I'd leave v1 behind with the new problems but can't get v2 to load
glad I'm not the only one but also as to what to do next.... wait for update that doesn't break?
thnx

if this helps:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/116321

Last edited by echo; 19.10.2013 at 23:32. Reason: added log file
Old 20.10.2013, 02:15
Planckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planckman View Post
Great idea! Working fine now (so far). I had to go back to May 2013. Time Machine... great invention! Thank you mark909, I was going crazy.
I'm afraid i was wrong. After plugin automatic updating JDownloader crashes again. Does anyone know how to avoid plugin update?

Last edited by Planckman; 20.10.2013 at 02:20.
Old 20.10.2013, 03:12
thatone

I'm another one with the same issue. Jdownloader freezes after today's update. I have to keep force quitting it when I add links, or start the download, until it will eventually work.
For every download, I am having to force quit it about 3 times. I don't have a convenient backup and i would like to also request access to the prior version or a very quick update to 0.9.581 which fixes this issue. It is the Jdownloader update which is the problem. I am on mac 10.6.8 and java 1.6 and cannot update java to 1.7, but even if I could, it apparently does not fix the problem.
Old 20.10.2013, 03:54
mekquake

Yep, it's an epic mess...

Everything was fine, even after the recent java update for mac osx, it's the JD updates that have turned the app into almost useless. It hangs constantly, the window becomes blank, the downloads hang...

OSX 10.8.5 / iMac

What a shame...
Old 20.10.2013, 05:46
interzone

Default Ditto

As noted by others, I am on Mac running OS 10.6.8 with the latest version of Java from Apple that will run on this OS (Java 1.6.0_65). Jdownloader has become unusable, with frequent freezes when no interaction with the app is occurring. I also would like to download the previous version of JDownloader if it is available.

Thanks
Old 20.10.2013, 10:58
bonded333

Hi JD Support Team

Can you make available the previous version of JD instead for now until you identify the problem please?

Running Mac OS 10.7.5 and the older Java 10.6 - not upgrading java ...

Thanks guys
Old 20.10.2013, 11:49
MOM2010

Sorry Guys but using the beta JD2 version is not an option.

fix the bugs in the stable tree and roll out updates after testing.

it's a shame for jdownloader to release such buggy updates. another same for jdownloader is that it is only available in java. why not using another programming language? java is known for weak or non sercurity and incompatibility for one update to the next.

so please fix this and to not point the people to beta software! this software will not run on older OS X.
Old 20.10.2013, 11:50
sKurt

Default Old version.

The problem with downloading an older version (I did) is that it automatically grabs up the updates (It thinks they are important) and that starts the cycle all over again...

Unchecking the [ ] Do not tell me about important updates I think means "Just download them and install them but don't tell me."

Force feeding us updates is no good, I'd rather use the same version that works great, and wait until the new people try them out first.

And I grabbed the Beta jD 2 - No, no, no, no.... it doesn't work like the 'regular' jD...

the .9 version of jD is easy and intuitive I can 'rubber band' a group of files right click and merge them with whatever name I want.

I can click the 'Make Subdirectory' box and it will add it UNDER the /downloads folder, not just open it in the downloads folder.

The simple logical ways of .9 do NOT appear in jD beta 2.

If this is the shape of things to come for jD Please, PLEASE have the 'old' style available and upgraded.

Thanks! jD is the BEST. I tried SpeedDownloader, Toucan, Folx, Progressive, iGetter etc., et.al. and even with the crashes/freezes of the latest update, it's still better, I just CAN'T get my stuffs...

AND PLEASE give us the choice (Or tell me what switch to flip) so I *DON'T* have to update until *I'm* ready

Thanks