JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 24.09.2014, 22:05
36new

Default 'Start Controller'

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but JDownloader will not start, I updated on Monday night and now when loading up it gets stuck and says 'Start Controller'.

This happened before about 6 months ago but that time I could find a solution because it had been caused by an updated zippyshare.com plugin. A link to the previous file before the update was posted and that solved the problem.

I have been reading posts here and running jdupdate is suggested but it says I could lose my link list and I am scared to take the chance.

I am using Java 7 (build 1.7.0_25-b17) on Windows Vista.

Last edited by 36new; 24.09.2014 at 22:08.
Old 25.09.2014, 05:12
English Supporter

@36new

please read

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Ok to address users with issues after recient plugin updates for JDownloader 0.9 or NIGHTLY. This primarily effects MacOSX users, but some windows users are also effected! The reason this has happened is we have too many plugins which as used permgen memory address space. What we have done to resolve this or at least try to is, to delete a heap of plugin classes which are no longer used and have been missed in cleanups for various reasons. We have released another update to try and address this (deleting of plugins comes from plugin update system).

You will need to close JDownloader if running
Mac
You can do this via terminal, 'cd /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java' (think it is) and run 'java -jar jdupdate.jar', I assume you can do this also in file explorer type of thing, and run jdupdate.jar as java application also (sorry not a Mac user).
Windows
Open cmd, goto JDownloader install directory 'cd "c:\program files\jdownloader\"', run 'javaw -jar jdupdate.jar' or via explorer click jdupdate.jar and run 'Java application'

Other solutions to help solve issue,
make sure your not using Java 1.6, upgrade to Java 1.7.0_65 or newer (seems to have higher permgen allocations), but stay away from Java 1.8 for JDownloader 0.9/NIGHTLY.

Alternatively the easiest solution is to move to JDownloader 2, as it doesn't have this issue.

raztoki, on behalf of JDownloader Development Team

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 25.09.2014, 08:09
aussie45

post1

I'm having the same problem using Java 6 and OS X 10.6.8. It only began a couple weeks ago. I've tried uninstalling -reinstalling and it still JD continues to freeze. I switched to JD2 a couple days ago, but with my premium Rapidgator account and other hosts, ...it's slow as molasses. I can download a file from Chrome faster.

I don't want to upgrade my system. I've got a lot of apps that won't work with 10.7 or higher, + upgrades would cost a fortune, for instance to get ProTools to work with the newer versions would cost US $400.00 alone.

post2

When I try reinstalling 09, it crashes. Here is the log file:

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222)
at org.appwork.install4j.AutosetInstallDirAction.install(AutosetInstallDirAction.java:24)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextImpl$2.fetchValue(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.actions.FetchObjectAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionDirect(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.executeActionChecked(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.comm.HelperCommunication.fetchObjectChecked(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextImpl.performActionIntStatic(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextImpl.performActionInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.performAction(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.executeActions(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.handleCommand(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.handleStartup(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.MacLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:116)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:51)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

System properties:

java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
exe4j.moduleName=/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app
sun.boot.library.path=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries
java.vm.version=20.65-b04-462
awt.nativeDoubleBuffering=true
gopherProxySet=false
mrj.build=10M4609
java.vm.vendor=Apple Inc.
java.vendor.url=**External links are only visible to Support Staff** path.separator=:
java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
user.country=AU
sun.os.patch.level=unknown
install4j.exeDir=/Volumes/jd/
java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
user.dir=/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app
java.runtime.version=1.6.0_65-b14-462-10M4609
java.awt.graphicsenv=apple.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment
java.endorsed.dirs=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/endorsed
os.arch=x86_64
apple.awt.graphics.UseOpenGL=false
java.io.tmpdir=/var/folders/Dr/DrSI4qMJ2ReZm++1YuuCaU+++TI/-Tmp-/
line.separator=

java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
os.name=Mac OS X
sun.java2d.noddraw=true
sun.jnu.encoding=MacRoman
java.library.path=/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/Java:/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources:.:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
java.class.version=50.0
sun.management.compiler=HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
os.version=10.6.8
http.nonProxyHosts=local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16
user.home=/Users/aussie
user.timezone=Australia/Sydney
java.awt.printerjob=apple.awt.CPrinterJob
file.encoding=MacRoman
java.specification.version=1.6
java.class.path=/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/.install4j/i4jruntime.jar:/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/user.jar:/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/user/JDownloader.jar:/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/user/Updater.jar
user.name=aussiel
apple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=false
java.vm.specification.version=1.0
java.home=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
sun.arch.data.model=64
user.language=en
java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
awt.toolkit=apple.awt.CToolkit
java.vm.info=mixed mode
java.version=1.6.0_65
java.ext.dirs=/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/ext
sun.boot.class.path=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/jsfd.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/classes.jar:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Frameworks/JavaRuntimeSupport.framework/Resources/Java/JavaRuntimeSupport.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/ui.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/laf.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/sunrsasign.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/jsse.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/jce.jar:/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Classes/charsets.jar:/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Resources/LauncherSupport.jar
install4j.appDir=/Volumes/jd/JDownloader Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
file.separator=/
java.vendor.url.bug=**External links are only visible to Support Staff** sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
sun.cpu.endian=little
install4j.systemLanguage=en
mrj.version=1060.1.6.0_65-462
socksNonProxyHosts=local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16
ftp.nonProxyHosts=local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16
sun.awt.exception.handler=apple.awt.CToolkit$EventQueueExceptionHandler
sun.cpu.isalist=

post3

raztoki, you are a genius.

I reinstalled the release version for Mac, which gave an error - see log in post directly above this one - and then ran the jdupdate.jar as you described in the 3rd post above this one, the JAVA console opened up, a bunch of things updated, and now it seems to work just fine again on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Thank you!

Last edited by raztoki; 25.09.2014 at 10:55. Reason: merge triple post
Old 26.10.2014, 16:01
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
You will need to close JDownloader if running
Mac
You can do this via terminal, 'cd /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java' (think it is) and run 'java -jar jdupdate.jar', I assume you can do this also in file explorer type of thing, and run jdupdate.jar as java application also (sorry not a Mac user).
With jD closed, I tried that from Finder, and Terminal, and in both cases it says unable to open jupdate.jar I even tried sudo in terminal, so it's not a permissions issue (sudo is unix for "superuser do once", making the user root for that command). Any ideas?