JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.02.2015, 14:48
Baby Loader

Default "Upgrade" popups

Since a recent update, JD is constantly creating popups telling me to "upgrade" to JD2... this is not something I want to do. But there seems to be no way to disable these popups, and they happen even with JD minimized.

So... is this intentional? Seems like a really good way to irritate people right out of using the product altogether.
Old 14.02.2015, 14:58
JD Manager

JDownloader 1 is very outdated and rarly receives plugin updates. We will soon no longer support it and therefore want ppl to use/try out JDownloader 2.

However, after next update, you can disable the upgrade popup.
EDIT by psp: The update is out!

Create an empty file "nojd2update" within your JDownloader and it will no longer nag you (after the next update of JDownloader 1)

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 23.02.2015 at 02:39.
Old 15.02.2015, 14:19
Vindictor

Thanks for this tip.
The popups have been driving me mad, popping up while I'm watching a fullscreen film/TV show, or doing anything else.

I have tried JD2, but the lack of direct access webinterface is the sole reason I won't use it. I have Jdownloader running on my home server/HTPC and I often control it via webinterface through my LAN and see no reason to have to send links and commands over the internet and back. I do also access it occasionally via mobile phone when I'm out, via the standard phone browser, and don't particularly want to have to use an app. It's convenient to be able to log in from any location, using a friends/works PC via http.

If and when the web interface returns then I'll happily upgrade to v2. Meanwhile v0.9 does everything I need of it, and I'm grateful to the creators for making this great program available. I only use it with HTTP download links, and my premium UL account, so have no need of captcha etc. I just appreciate being able to remotely queue up files to download on my server, and have them auto unRAR.

So thanks again for the above tip. I've created the blank file in my JDownloader folder and I hope the popups stop soon.

I don't mind the lack of future updates, so long as the program will continue functioning as is.

I await the inclusion of direct webinterface access in JDownloader 2.

Cheers.
Vin

Last edited by Vindictor; 15.02.2015 at 14:23.
Old 15.02.2015, 15:58
JD Manager

MyJDownloader offers a "direct" mode where you access your JDownloader directly without using our servers. But I'm sorry to tell, the old webinterface will not come back.
MyJDownloader uses a new api provide by JDownloader and offers features like security/access from everywhere/dyndns services (will be available soon)/push notifications/....In "direct" mode only the authentication runs over our server, the rest uses direct connections to your JDownloader to increase bandwidth and reduce latency.
Old 15.02.2015, 16:40
Vindictor

Hi there, and my thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'm interested in what you describe as direct mode. I think I may well take another look at JD2 over the next week or so on a test machine and give it a try. I still much prefer the idea of being able to log in directly to my home system, or to not have to sign in through the internet at all, but I'll definitely give it another look.
I don't personally require a DynDNS service or many of the other new features, and I really would prefer to simply be able to log in directly via my own IP address, but I am happy to give JDanywhere another try.... it must be 6 months since I last had a look at the iOS version, so I am at least going to give it another go.

I think that many of the recent stories in the news have made me think about my own privacy issues, and the idea of having to connect to my own server through a third party system makes me feel uncomfortable. As users we don't know if accessing JDownloader through your system makes it possible for you to keep a log of the links we're downloading, or even open up security concerns on our PCs and servers, even unintentionally. These are the things that have occurred to me, and why I've preferred to keep control myself, to be able to monitor the port I've allocated in my firewall and not advertise my home IP address to a third party.

But as I said, I'll happily take another look soon, try out this "direct" mode and then decide what to do then. Meanwhile I can stick with the previous version which works perfectly well for my needs.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me personally. I hope I don't come across as being too paranoid! These are simply some of the things that crossed my mind when thinking about having to sign into a program running on my own home network, via a third party server.

Kind regards, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Old 15.02.2015, 17:10
JD Manager

MyJDownloader documentation and api is open. There is no way for us to see any personal traffic as everything is end2end encryption. The complete process is open and you can check yourself and see yourself how everything works and that there is nothing to be worried about! In case you have further questions about this, do not hesitate to contact us!
Old 15.02.2015, 17:16
Vindictor

I am sure that this is true.... this was without any real thought being put into it.

When I first came across JD2 and realised I could no longer directly access a webinterface, and instead had to run through your servers my initial thought was simply "to hell with that, I'll stick with 0.9"

Now that I've had time to have a bit of a think about it I am going to give it another try, so.... thanks again for your input. I expect I'll be another happy JD2 user by the end of the month
Old 16.02.2015, 18:55
BugMeNot Account

@Jiaz, in other words the JD team are forcing us to find another download manager since the JD2 proxy support is partial at best and thus unusable for the people behind ISP proxies and you are making everything you can to kill JD thus leaving us no other choice than to look for another program... Before you tell me I'm wrong make sure you test JD2 on a PC that have access to the net only thru a proxy server and can't open anything without it.

P.S. From what I hear JD2 is currently nowhere as useful as JD was and from the looks of it it won't be soon. Guess I'll have to start checking the competition soon - lately I've heard good things about MiPony from friends that left JD hopefully they'll have a working proxy implementation.

Last edited by bugnotme; 16.02.2015 at 18:59.
Old 16.02.2015, 19:04
Community Manager

@bugnotme
Time will cone but at the moment we're not forcing you!
JD1 = from 2009 = damn old!
Please tell us in details what you dont like and why you cannot use JD2.
Also, have you seen this?
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...&postcount=743
EDIT

And you're absolutely wrong!
-The JD2 proxy implementation is ba far better than JD1
-JD2 has more/better features than JD1 - and even if you don't like them, you can simply remove them - nearly all the menus are customizable!
-JD2 has multihost suport, JD1 has not
-And so on...

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 16.02.2015 at 19:13.
Old 16.02.2015, 21:36
JD Manager

@bugnotme
JD2 Proxy support works fine. If not for you, how about report a bug and not just talking about how shitty it is.
I use proxy support myself. And yes...we tested it in proxy only networks and I know it works because a lot of users asked for poxy support and now it works for them as well.
Once again, we can help you and fix bugs, but only if you are so kind to report them!

How about testing JD2 yourself? JD2 uses less RAM/CPU. Can work with much larger LinkLists (I saw ppl with more than 900k Links in List) Supports multiple proxies. Plugins can be updated in background without need to restart JD and many many more features...

I just think you want to troll...No one forces you to use JDownloader

If you really want help or provide usefull feedback you are welcomed here.
Old 16.02.2015, 21:47
JD Manager

@bugnotme you're wrong. From A to Z. I have no idea where you got this information from.

The my.jdownloader.org proxy support is pretty new. A few days ago, it has not been possible to access your JD remotly if JD requires a proxy to access the internet. But since a few days, even this works pretty fine.
Old 17.02.2015, 09:36
BugMeNot Account

@pspzockerscene, I haven't seen it but I'll think about the UI once I can actually use JD2. "The JD2 proxy implementation is ba far better than JD1" up to December 2014 it wasn't even close - in JD1 once you set a proxy all connections ware going thru it while in JD2 half of them ware ignoring the proxy settings (wast time I tested was December 2014).

@Jiaz, I did test it every 2-3 months last year and reported the proxy problem at least twice (last report was December 2014). Hopefully it was improved since then - I'll test it once I have some free time.

@coalado, If the JD2 software is ignoring the proxy settings and attempting to make direct connections (including to my.jdownloader.org when the module is disabled) on a system that can't access the net directly I'd say that there is something wrong with the proxy module/support. For comparison JD1 doesn't make any attempts for direct connections once the proxy is set and is working fine.

P.S. Is there a guide how to setup the proxy in JD2 that I might check in case I'm missing something?
Old 17.02.2015, 09:49
JD Manager

@bugnotme: if you setup proxy correct (disable no proxy), then everything uses the proxy. Only thing that I can think of right now is the ip check for reconnect, this is because JDownloader does not yet have proxy reconnect support. Would be nice if you can provide more information on what stuff is not using the proxy. MyJDownloader PRoxy support just got added recently and yes, it was not using proxy before. but now it does

Really would be helpful if you can help us to make it work better, so please let us know which stuff ignores the proxy. Please keep in mind ipcheck stuff is currently unproxied.

ProxySetup: add a proxy, and disable the direct connection mode. a restat might be needed. Socks5 proxy is better as MyJDownloader uses port 80 or 10101 and http proxies often do not allow connect method to those ports. If you need further help, please let me know!
Old 17.02.2015, 10:27
JD Manager

bugnotme:
It's pretty hard to track your posts, because you use this "public" bugnotme account.
If this has been you: https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=61005
I have to apologize. You posted a lot of information, and we did not respond. We will answer now.

Anyway: It seems that not all proxy problems are solved:
  1. The IP check tries to notify JDownloader if your external IP changes. That's why it tries to find your actual ip - without proxy support. As Jiaz said, we need to implement Proxy based Reconnect options. An easy approach would be, to bind the exiting reconnect module to a certain proxy. Ip Checks would use this proxy then.
  2. The "Find my router" algorithm - it would not make any sense to use a proxy here
  3. Reconnect. All reconnect scripts are bound to local IPs and do not use a proxy. - I guess it would not make sense to change this as well.
  4. Update System: The UpdateSystem tries all available gateways/proxies if the primary gateway fails. We will change this, or add an option to enabled/disable it. (I'm not sure, but I guess we already did this)
  5. ...let us know if you find further problems.
Old 17.02.2015, 15:21
BugMeNot Account

@pspzockerscene, the UI mod is changing the text to German (unless I'm mistaking the language) and other than resetting the menus to default settings I haven't found a way to get them back to English.

@Jiaz, that's the way I have it set up. From the quick look at the Core & JDownloader it seems there are some improvements made to the proxy module during the wast ~3 months ...

@coalado, yes it's mine. The SOCKS5 still isn't working for me (there might be a problem/restriction on the server I have to use) but once I switch to SOCKS4 it started working (there are still errors but at least it's working). From what I can see from my firewall there is still the occasional attempt to connect directly to cdn4.appwork.org:80.

Unfortunately each time JD2 starts it switches my proxy type to SOCKS5 and won't let me change the type from the UI to anything else (HTTP or SOCKS4) so I have to add it as new SOCKS4 proxy and delete the old one (the type in org.jdownloader.settings.InternetConnectionSettings.customproxylist.json is written as SOCKS4 after first restart/shutdown and as SOCKS5 on the next).

error.log excerpt:
Spoiler:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.logging.LogManager cannot be cast to org.jdownloader.logging.ExtLogManager
at org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher.<clinit>(SecondLevelLauncher.java:128)
at org.jdownloader.update.launcher.JDLauncher.main(JDLauncher.java:10)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Logmanager: java.util.logging.LogManager@b5d05b

THREAD: 1
1|org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.appwork.utils.Application(printSystemProperties) ] -> SysProp: java.vendor: Oracle Corporation
1|org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.appwork.utils.Application(printSystemProperties) ] -> SysProp: sun.management.compiler: HotSpot Client Compiler

1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(finish) ] -> Client Revision: 5086
1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(finish) ] -> Client Revision incl. Pending Installpackages: 5086
1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(finish) ] -> Updater Client Revision: 5094
1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(finish) ] -> Updater Client Revision incl. Pending Installpackages: 5094
1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(finish) ] -> AWF Packages pending: []
1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(finish) ] -> SelfUpdate pending: false ([])
1|org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher(init) ] -> Finished Installation
1|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager(setLaunchState) ] -> Launchstate: LAUNCHING_JD
1|StartupParameterHandler.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.startup.ParameterHandler(onStartup) ] -> Startup: []
1|StartupParameterHandler.log 17/02/15 00:00:00 - INFO [ org.jdownloader.startup.ParameterHandler(onStartup) ] -> Remove ConsoleHandler
jd.http.Browser$BrowserException
at jd.http.Browser.openRequestConnection(Browser.java:1457)
at jd.http.Browser.openRequestConnection(Browser.java:1394)
at jd.http.Browser.openGetConnection(Browser.java:1348)
at org.jdownloader.gui.sponsor.UploadedController.updateIcon(UploadedController.java:325)
at org.jdownloader.gui.sponsor.UploadedController.access$000(UploadedController.java:63)
at org.jdownloader.gui.sponsor.UploadedController$2.delayedrun(UploadedController.java:121)
at org.appwork.scheduler.DelayedRunnable$2.runNow(DelayedRunnable.java:171)
at org.appwork.scheduler.DelayedRunnable$2.run(DelayedRunnable.java:151)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.appwork.utils.net.httpconnection.ProxyConnectException: java.io.IOException: Socks5 connection not allowed by ruleset
at org.appwork.utils.net.socketconnection.Socks5SocketConnection.connectProxySocket(Socks5SocketConnect ion.java:76)
at org.appwork.utils.net.socketconnection.SocketConnection.connect(SocketConnection.java:217)
at org.appwork.utils.net.httpconnection.Socks5HTTPConnectionImpl.establishConnection(Socks5HTTPConnecti onImpl.java:20)
at org.appwork.utils.net.httpconnection.SocksHTTPconnection.connect(SocksHTTPconnection.java:62)
at org.appwork.utils.net.httpconnection.HTTPConnectionImpl.finalizeConnect(HTTPConnectionImpl.java:847)
at jd.http.Request.connect(Request.java:268)
at jd.http.Browser.openRequestConnection(Browser.java:1419)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Socks5 connection not allowed by ruleset
at org.appwork.utils.net.socketconnection.Socks5SocketConnection.establishConnection(Socks5SocketConnec tion.java:140)
at org.appwork.utils.net.socketconnection.Socks5SocketConnection.connectProxySocket(Socks5SocketConnect ion.java:74)
... 20 more
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal Operation
at jd.controlling.proxy.SingleBasicProxySelectorImpl.setType(SingleBasicProxySelectorImpl.java:112)
at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.views.settings.panels.proxy.ProxyTableModel$2.setSelectedItem(ProxyTableModel.jav a:233)
at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.views.settings.panels.proxy.ProxyTableModel$2.setSelectedItem(ProxyTableModel.jav a:135)
at org.appwork.swing.exttable.columns.ExtComboColumn.setValue(ExtComboColumn.java:393)
at org.appwork.swing.exttable.columns.ExtComboColumn$4.actionPerformed(ExtComboColumn.java:298)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$300(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal Operation
at jd.controlling.proxy.SingleBasicProxySelectorImpl.setType(SingleBasicProxySelectorImpl.java:112)
at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.views.settings.panels.proxy.ProxyTableModel$2.setSelectedItem(ProxyTableModel.jav a:233)
at jd.gui.swing.jdgui.views.settings.panels.proxy.ProxyTableModel$2.setSelectedItem(ProxyTableModel.jav a:135)
at org.appwork.swing.exttable.columns.ExtComboColumn.setValue(ExtComboColumn.java:393)
at org.appwork.swing.exttable.columns.ExtComboColumn$4.actionPerformed(ExtComboColumn.java:298)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$300(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 17.02.2015, 15:26
Community Manager

@bugnotme
I'm sorry - this might be the limitations of using the backup.
Question remails - in terms of Zi, is that fine for you or is it still "overloaded"?

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.02.2015, 16:01
JD Manager

fixed the socks4/socks5 saving issue.
I use socks5 (ssh/dante) and working fine. Maybe you can provide information about your used socks server software, then I can help to setup properly.
I've upgraded socks5 support to correctly show socks5 server response
It is one of the two:(see rfc1928)
X'01' general SOCKS server failure
X'02' connection not allowed by ruleset
Old 17.02.2015, 16:03
JD Manager

for debugging direct connect to update server, the UpdateManager.log.0 would help us (for example via email to support@jdownloader.org)
Old 17.02.2015, 16:04
JD Manager

Update will be out any minute
Old 17.02.2015, 18:08
BugMeNot Account

@pspzockerscene, it looks like the default JD1 one - I'll probably modify the new theme to look like the one I'm using for JD1 at the moment (it is what I'm used to) and probably add the new features I use/like. But might be a good idea to add theme support in the future for the people who can't/don't want to make one themselves.

@Jiaz, update fails after clicking on install and JD2 making a few direct connection attempts to cdn4.appwork.org:80 with the following error msg (I can also see Socks5 connection not allowed by ruleset errors in the log):
Spoiler:

org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateException: Unexpected Selftest Result: FAILED org.jdownloader.update.lastchance.FailedException: org.appwork.updatesys.transport.UpdateServerOfflineException: org.appwork.utils.net.BasicHTTP.BasicHTTPException: org.appwork.utils.net.httpconnection.ProxyConnectException: java.io.IOException: Socks5 general server failure
at org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateClient.validateSelfTestFile(SelfUpdateClient.java:437)
at org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateClient.finishSelfUpdate(SelfUpdateClient.java:268)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runFinishSelfUpdate(UpdateManager.java:1055)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$6.run(UpdateManager.java:915)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.installPendingUpdates(UpdateManager.java:939)
at org.jdownloader.updatev2.UpdateController.installUpdates(UpdateController.java:524)
at org.jdownloader.updatev2.UpdateController.onResults(UpdateController.java:389)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$15.onResults(UpdateManager.java:1697)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runUpdateLoop(UpdateManager.java:1499)
at org.jdownloader.update.PendingUpdate.run(PendingUpdate.java:20)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$17.run(UpdateManager.java:1886)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)