JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 24.11.2009, 18:32
lancetronic

hi, thanks for the continuous help Jiaz. i'm using avg free, which has no firewall, so i tried turning off windows firewall and now it seems to connect fine. i even turned firewall back on and it goes back to the same error. now, however, i'm hoping to keep my firewall on (for obvious reasons), so do you know of any additional processes or ports that would need to be allowed? i've already allowed java.exe, javaw.exe, and jdownloader.exe. I'm thinking maybe a port is being blocked? thanks again

i noticed something today, i seem to be able to download from rapidshare just fine with windows firewall on.

Last edited by lancetronic; 25.11.2009 at 07:36.
Old 25.11.2009, 05:48
teohhanhui

I'm only using Windows Firewall. Does that cause issues too?
Old 25.11.2009, 11:13
dandkuif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4788 View Post

I have this error, how can i fix it?
Thanks for viewing.
thanks your links:thumbup:,great news, i love my seed upgrade.
Old 25.11.2009, 11:21
remi

Cool

You get "No permissions to write to hard disk". Please, read http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...6&postcount=38

Reducing your number of connections (chunks) will usually suffice.
Old 27.11.2009, 10:05
lancetronic

- use less chunks (set Max.Con. to 1 or 2)
- allow java.exe, javaw.exe and jDownloader in your firewall
- unstable internet connection, contact you ISP
- reboot PC
- un-install/re-install firewall
- un-install/re-install virus scanner
- torrent client using too many connections
- un-install JRE (java) and re-install latest JRE version

max connections and downloads have always been 1 and 1, since i download with non-premium account from megaupload
java.exe and javaw.exe are allowed, unless jdownloader.exe isn't enough, so is jdownloader
i'm using adsl which i assume is stable, is there a way to check?
rebooted many times
windows firewall, which i'm guessing is the problem since when i turn it off i can download just fine
torrent client? if this means bittorrent, i don't have anything else downloading
jre is latest version
Old 27.11.2009, 12:14
remi

Cool

Your problem is definitely caused by your firewall. Are you sure java.exe and javaw.exe are allowed or on the exclude list?
Old 27.11.2009, 15:04
JD Manager

try to deinstall firewall/antivirus , reboot computer and check again. that way you can be 100% sure if its caused by them or not....
Old 28.11.2009, 12:01
lancetronic

yes all three are allowed. is there even a way to uninstall windows firewall? if i turn it completely off, then i can download fine, and i have no other firewall. the thing is, with my firewall on i can download from rapidshare fine, but megaupload won't work
Old 28.11.2009, 18:58
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancetronic View Post
yes all three are allowed. is there even a way to uninstall windows firewall? if i turn it completely off, then i can download fine, and i have no other firewall. the thing is, with my firewall on i can download from rapidshare fine, but megaupload won't work
we need logfile for megaupload downloads!

go to control center, windows firewall and delete all java rules , then enable it and start jd and allow it. that should work.
do you have any other firewall installed?
Old 30.11.2009, 06:57
lancetronic

i have avg 9.0 free which has no firewall, so i only use windows firewall. this is the log with everything in avg turned off:
http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin...downloader.net

i removed the three exceptions from firewall and reopend jdownloader, which then prompted windows firewall to ask if i wanted to block or not (i chose unblock) and this is the log:
http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin...downloader.net

it seems that windows firewall only prompted for javaw.exe. jdownloader.exe and java.exe do not seem to get blocked by windows firewall.
Old 30.11.2009, 15:34
JD Manager

both show a connection reset that can be caused by
1.) unstable network connection
2.) nat table overflow at router (eg using bittorrent at the same time)
3.) firewall/antitivirus

i would deinstall avg, reboot computer and check again (also restart modem/router). something is causing these issues, you only have to find out what
Old 07.01.2010, 05:12
deadman43

Talking no permisions to write to the hard disk

Ok, Im going with the virus. I checked my virus program and where there were none there are now many.. So dump the stack and find the samething from another place.
Old 07.01.2010, 11:27
remi

Cool

I don't understand what you're saying...could you please explain?
Old 16.01.2010, 21:22
shiria

Read all through this post:
problem still exists with JDownloader not being able to write to disk.
Doesn't matter from which download site (RS, Uploading, both premium accounts) or hotfile etc.
This can't but be a JDownloader glitch.
Never EVER have problems with using the RS download manager, or downloading the files separately.
it's a nuissance that should be taken care of, definitely.
It's no fun to reset a couple of 200 mb files at about 80% down....
Old 16.01.2010, 21:23
shiria

or... IS there a permission in JDownloader I should check to GIVE permission to write to hard disk???
Old 17.01.2010, 09:09
remi

Please, read the whole thread again, starting from page 1. If you're sure you've followed all recommendations then provide a detailed log of your problems.

Look here for logging instructions.
Old 26.01.2010, 04:14
mn_a00

Default no permission to write...

this problem still persisting and i forgot to mention this in the recent survey... it's really very very bad esp. when you are reaching 90% in ur download and suddenly you got this error....

logs here: http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin...downloader.net

pls. fix this bugs!
Old 03.02.2010, 07:52
eladnava

Default Getting no permission error, no firewall, no antivirus

Hi folks,
I am getting the no permission to write error, I have no anti-virus installed (it slows my computer down too much and I don't even need it anyway) and the only firewall running is Windows 7's firewall.

I leave overnight about 45 download parts of 200MB each, come back to find like 2 parts broken, and cannot resume them, must Reset them. This only started happening like a week or 2 ago, probably after some JD module update?

I have disabled the windows firewall for now, but I doubt its the reason, since it was on before and I would never get this.
Old 03.02.2010, 11:56
remi

Please, post feedback on every recommendation I wrote in http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...6&postcount=38.
Old 17.02.2010, 11:37
retister

I got this message on about 90% downloading a file from MU. Tried with resume and force download, no luck. But, instead of resetting the file, I decided to let it stay there for a while. When i checked 10 minutes later I saw that file continued to download from where it was interrupted.
Maybe it's just a question of giving it enough time.
For me it mostly happens if I try to burn a disk simultaneously with downloading (not this time, though - jd was the only running app).
Closed Thread