JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 02.10.2019, 17:28
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@xvertigo: why spend time to exchange the entry link when firefox auto updates
3.2.36 is the latest version and got released yesterday, so that is all correct
Because version 3.2.36 present the problem that the users in this treath reported: Open captcha in private windows that don't do anything (blank window) and when that window is closed and try again firefox asks to install the extension (even when it is installed). And when i install from the link delivered on the screen the version installed is 3.2.34 that works fine and without any of that issues (but minutes later firefox reinstalled 3.2.36 automatically and the problem returns)

Last edited by xvertigo; 02.10.2019 at 17:37.
Old 02.10.2019, 17:32
JD Beta

Quote:
The new extension version auto-opens 'incognito tab/window' if the extension is allowed to run in 'incognito mode' and enabled to do so.
This is default behaviour if 'incognito mode' is allowed for the extension.

You can either disable 'auto open' in Browser-Extensions-MyJDownloader-Settings (in case you're not logged in in extension) or normally in extension settings. Or you can not allow extension to run in 'incognito mode'

We will release an updated extension to fix the *empty window/nothing happens* bug. This is not connected to 'incognito mode' but purley a timing issue.
Maybe it's only a confussion from zerobyte between private and incognito windows. When private mode is on the issue happens, when is off firefox ask you to install the extension. Maybe the update correct both issues because they are related.

Thanks again for the attention to our messages and the work you are doing to correct it.
Old 02.10.2019, 18:06
JD Manager

The issue is not connected to 'incognito mode' and may also happen in normal mode. It's a timing issue. We are already testing the update and will soon (today) release the fixed version.
Old 02.10.2019, 18:25
Guardian of the Droids

Sorry for all the confusion. Incognito / private tabs are created by default if the extension is allowed to run in in incognito / private mode. You can change this in the extension settings. There's now a settings button in the extension popup, even if you're logged out.

The issue that affected you had to do with timing. Web Extensions do not execute their scripts in a deterministic order. I had to install / deinstall / try / retry a few times to find out that in some cases the content script was executed too early.

With version 3.2.38 you should now be able to solve captchas, skip captchas and force incognito mode

Let me know if there are still issues.
Old 02.10.2019, 18:34
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc View Post
Sorry for all the confusion. Incognito / private tabs are created by default if the extension is allowed to run in in incognito / private mode. You can change this in the extension settings. There's now a settings button in the extension popup, even if you're logged out.

The issue that affected you had to do with timing. Web Extensions do not execute their scripts in a deterministic order. I had to install / deinstall / try / retry a few times to find out that in some cases the content script was executed too early.

With version 3.2.38 you should now be able to solve captchas, skip captchas and force incognito mode

Let me know if there are still issues.
Thanks for your work. I just installed version 3.2.38. Now everytime the program asks for a captcha solving, a new tab opens and indicates that the extension is needed and offer links to download it for different browsers ("Install our extension for your browser" message is showed). Obviosly the extension is installed but is not recognized. When i click the link offered the version 3.2.34 is installed and works fine. Is there a way to avoid autoupdate until the issue is solved?

Note: I have the same issue in my work computer. In home i have windows 10 pro 1903, in work i have windows 10 home 1903 both updated and both with updated versions of firefox. Both present the same issue described in this message.

Last edited by xvertigo; 02.10.2019 at 18:44.
Old 02.10.2019, 18:47
JD Manager

Any other installed browser extensions? do you open in incognito tab/window or normal one?
Maybe we can hop on a quick teamviewer session to check this? contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 02.10.2019, 18:55
Guardian of the Droids

@xvertigo
Strange.
Issue 1:
You shouldn't get 3.2.34 with the firefox.xpi link. For the record, if someone needs to temporarily revert, download it from here
Edit by Jiaz: We've stopped distributing the update, so no need to disable auto-update in firefox

Issue 2:
I am absolutely not able to reproduce the issue now. So it would be really cool if you could create a ticket at support.jdownloader.org so that we can arrange a TeamViewer session.

Last edited by Jiaz; 03.10.2019 at 10:53.
Old 02.10.2019, 19:54
Storm

I just installed the latest update in JD and it still behaves the exact same way, except it doesn't go blank. The captcha screen opens for a millisecond, then closes and opens in PRIVATE MODE instead, where again you can see the captcha window for a millisecond but then switches to the actual link in Uploaded.net (i.e. the actual Uploaded Window opens). When I solve the captcha there, of course it doesn't report back to JD and instead prompts manual download.

LOG:
02.10.19 12.43.14 <--> 02.10.19 12.51.21 jdlog://8477028978651/
Old 02.10.2019, 19:58
JD Manager

JDownloader logs won't help because this is all browser only.

Please disable private/incognito mode support in extension settings and try again.
I was finally able to reproduce the issue! But only when private/incognito mode was allowed
Old 02.10.2019, 20:30
JD Beta

Quote:
JDownloader logs won't help because this is all browser only.

Please disable private/incognito mode support in extension settings and try again.
I was finally able to reproduce the issue! But only when private/incognito mode was allowed
Hi, you disable the last updates? Because i am in version 3.2.34 (luckily i download the xpi file early) and when i search for updates (to try again disabling the private mode) firefox tell me i am up to date.

In version 3.2.34 everything works fine even with private mode enabled. Without version 3.2.36 or 38 i think a TeamViewer session is imposible because everything works fine now (with 3.2.34)

Last edited by xvertigo; 02.10.2019 at 20:33.
Old 02.10.2019, 20:45
Storm

Jiaz, where/how do I disable private/incognito mode support in extension settings?
Old 02.10.2019, 21:36
JD Manager

@zOrlAc: In Firefox->Extensions->MyJDownloader-> don't allow private/incognito mode
Or you can downgrade manually via https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...1&postcount=27

@xvertigo: Yes, we have disabled updates. I was able to reproduce the issue and @mrc will also try to reproduce the issue and fix it
Old 02.10.2019, 22:05
JD Beta

Quote:
@zOrlAc: In Firefox->Extensions->MyJDownloader-> don't allow private/incognito mode
Or you can downgrade manually via **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

@xvertigo: Yes, we have disabled updates. I was able to reproduce the issue and @mrc will also try to reproduce the issue and fix it
I must say that you are the most efficient and quick response team in any software forum i know.

I know that this is a work in progress and you probably came with and answer soon and i am thankfull for your support.

Thank you very much for your excelent job.

Last edited by xvertigo; 02.10.2019 at 22:07.
Old 02.10.2019, 22:14
Storm

Quote:
:thumbup:

Jiaz, that worked!!! As soon as I removed the checkmark, it stopped opening in private mode!!!

BUT ... (sorry)

It still opens the captcha window for a millisecond, then switches to the actual download window. HOWEVER, I can use the BACK ARROW to navigate back to the captcha window, solve the captcha and it reports back to JD without a problem. Figured you might want to know this bit of information.

Main problem is solved!
Old 02.10.2019, 22:22
JD Manager

Thank you very much for your kind words! Tomorrow there is public holiday in germany and mrc won't be in office on friday, so this might take up till next week. That's why I removed the latest/buggy versions from auto update. Maybe he can find/fix the extension easily before next week,but better stay on old working version than distributing an unstable one
Old 02.10.2019, 22:25
JD Manager

@zOrlAc: you can also downgrade to previous version and wait till we sorted out all reported issues. Thanks for this information!
Old 02.10.2019, 22:52
Storm

JIAZ, as far as I am concerned, the problem is solved. Your little trick works and for everyone else, who still has the same minor problem as I do:

JUST CLICK THE BACK BUTTON TO GET TO CAPTCHA SCREEN

;-D

Anyways, enjoy your holiday and rest knowing that you saved the day again!

Ich wünsche dir einen frohen und erholsamen deutschen Tag der Wiedervereinigung.
Old 03.10.2019, 03:52
JD Legend

I am having this same issue..I tell JD2 to open the captcha in browser, it does, but doesnt load the captcha...just sits there and does nothing.

Please also look into the usage rules window, when trying to edit the rules, the window loads blank and only appears if i roll over it with my mouse, but still wont fully load.
Old 03.10.2019, 10:23
JD Manager

@MrGonzo: Usage Rules will be fixed in next 2-4 mins
For Captcha issue, either try the provided hints or downgrade the extension, you can find the link also in post
Old 03.10.2019, 10:42
zerobyte

hi guys,

you're probably already fixing this, but just as a short feedback:

- disabling incognito mode inside the extension still opens an incognito window.
- restarting firefox afterwards also did not work.
- logging into the extension also has no effect.
- the new window takes a few seconds longer to open than before.

I did not try dis-allowing incognito mode from firefox's side, yet.

Regards, 00h