JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.01.2010, 02:56
JCatGuy

Default I think JDownloader has got a bag virus?

I don't get it....I have hotfile, megaupload, RS...everything was working fine until the very last upgrade, which occurred "during the middle of a download".

Since then....RS/HF and even MU downloads, will just suddenly STOP dead in it's tracks...the green bars on the upper right will go to like 67kbs from 1.1 megs/s...and then suddenly it'll all freeze...and it takes my entire computer with it.

I even have to click the boot button to restart the computer. Everything is cool with computer and then i say, "no, that must've been an accdent"...I went back on and same thing happened. JDownloader is the only downloader i ever was comfortable with. I Don't even know how to use any other downloaders. And now...it's like...all the movies and accounts I have are wasted.

I was thnking of deleteing JDownloader (latest version 9.59? something close to that) but then i"ll lose all the downloaded movies I have already!!!

HELP.......ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS? OR IS MY COMPUTER? AM I MISSING JDownloader .DLL or something?

JCatGuy (JDownloader "made the internet for me" and now I don't know what to do)>

pS....ESET FIREWALL/AV, AD-AWARE, MALWAREBYTES, REGCURE, ...SPYBOT all come up NO VIRUSES....as you can see, I can easily write on this board...and I can easily go on to forums and get links and copy and them, and JDowloader grabs 'em....But once the Downloading begins...my computer crashes down!

Last edited by JCatGuy; 22.01.2010 at 02:58.
Old 22.01.2010, 06:13
jimmyto

the only thing the last update did to me was slow down all of my downloads with every single host...well except mediafire, i don't know what happened but i can't download like this, i might just go back to torrents
Old 22.01.2010, 06:21
JD English Support (inactive)

Please recheck your download speeds and settings at speedguide.net. Around the beginning of the year, a lot of ISPs changed things around. I think the timing is a coincidence.

You should also check for "Rootkit" viruses. These aren't found by most antivirus programs. Look at Comodo.com or Pandasoftwre.com to find a free root kit detector.

Last edited by drbits; 22.01.2010 at 06:23. Reason: Root kits
Old 22.01.2010, 09:37
JCatGuy

Default My Error...JDownloader is cool (it was my Firewall)

Sorry about that...once ESET SM SEC was fixed (I set it up wrong on new year)...I messed up some settings....So...JDownloader is still #1 w/me!
JCatGuy
Old 22.01.2010, 13:54
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCatGuy View Post
And now...it's like...all the movies and accounts I have are wasted.
If you've these, why would jD delete them?
Old 23.01.2010, 00:29
JCatGuy

no REMI...I said, My Error...JDownloader is cool (it was my Firewall)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that...once ESET SM SEC was fixed (I set it up wrong on new year)...I messed up some settings....So...JDownloader is still #1 w/me!
JCatGuy

Now Eset is messed up again...think I have a bot virus...JD is messed up again...may have to do a clean re-install unrelated to JD!
Old 23.01.2010, 02:38
JD English Support (inactive)

SOLVED - Closed
Old 23.01.2010, 09:51
remi

Cool

Just un-install that crap and learn how to use the Internet safely. I've never found any virus on any of my computers. The only warnings I ever got from such software are about "recently used documents". What a waste of resources.

A bot virus can be detected by its outgoing communication. Your firewall should detect it.