JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.12.2011, 17:32
alex5908

Default JDownloader bug

Yesterday night my BWMeter showed that I downloaded 58 gigs, which is not possible physically. It’s the same story today. I’ve downloaded less than a gig but BWMeter reads 11 gigs. I tried to download the same links with Fileserve Manager and everything is fine. This definitely problem of JDownloader.
What is the solution to this problem?

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.12.2011 at 06:56.
Old 27.12.2011, 17:50
Polish Supporter

And where is the problem?
Old 28.12.2011, 03:27
English Supporter

If you are talking about jdownloader, I know I know of a resume bug, it amends data to the end of the file instead of starting at position 0. But that has nothing to do with a bandwidth meter (3rd party application?),

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 28.12.2011 at 03:29.
Old 28.12.2011, 06:56
JD Manager

if its physical not possible, so where is the problem?
note that firewall/av can cause bwmeter software (depending on how they work) to show more traffic than got loaded in real.
Old 28.12.2011, 09:13
alex5908

Quote:
Originally Posted by editestowy View Post
And where is the problem?
The problem is that I have a limited amount of downloaded GBs and everything which is out of the limit should be paid ($1.5 per GB). It's just because of JDownloader that I may be paying $60 for nothing. Isn't it a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
if its physical not possible, so where is the problem?
note that firewall/av can cause bwmeter software (depending on how they work) to show more traffic than got loaded in real.
It has never happened before. I think this the bug of the last update.
It is physically impossible as far as the time for which I was downloading is concerned. But if my PC were downloading 24 hours it could be possible.
Nothing is wrong with BWMeter as its readings during downloading the same stuff with Fileserve Manager were absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
If you are talking about jdownloader, I know I know of a resume bug, it amends data to the end of the file instead of starting at position 0. But that has nothing to do with a bandwidth meter (3rd party application?),
Sorry, it's not quite clear what you are writing about. Could you explain it in more details?

Last edited by raztoki; 28.12.2011 at 09:24. Reason: seperate posts not necessary, meged posts
Old 28.12.2011, 09:29
English Supporter

@alex

All I was trying to indicate was 3rd party application we can not vouch for.. as in the accuracy of its reporting. Just like Jiaz later posted a reason why.

The bug I've found is really hard to replicate, and is doubtful you have suffered from it. If you have you would end up with corrupt file larger than it's real size. So if your data on disk is correct it wasn't caused by jdownloader, maybe you left p2p running ? OS update software / or even gaming update software.

Old 28.12.2011, 09:52
remi

@alex

What are your filter settings for BWMeter? If you set javaw.exe as the Application then BWMeter will also measure the traffic of other java applications that don't have a unique process identifier. If you didn't set a specific filter for jD then you should look whether no other applications are accessing the Internet. Do you have other computers in your local network? Aren't they involved in BWMeter's measuring activity?

In BWMeter you can set download thresholds per time period that will dramatically decrease or totally block all traffic whenever the threshold is reached. I would use those settings until you find out what's causing all that traffic.

In BWMeter you can also Monitor and generate a trace of all the traffic going on at a particular moment. Look at those logs to see what's actually happening.
Old 28.12.2011, 10:06
JD Manager

nothing changed in jdownloader downloadsystem since 9.12.2009. so if you saw changes in anything lately, its not caused by jdownloader.
more traffic can be caused by firewall/av/multiple chunks settings (maybe premium)
Old 28.12.2011, 16:04
alex5908

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
@alex

What are your filter settings for BWMeter?
All the BWMeter settings are set as default. I have not changed anything. Until Dec 26 everything was fine. Thus, it's not the problem with BWMeter. Another proof for this is that there is no problem with downloading of the same content if I use Fileserve Manager.
Old 28.12.2011, 21:35
Polish Supporter

But in the first post you wrote:
"Yesterday night my BWMeter showed that I downloaded 58 gigs, which is not possible physically."
- so how can you blame jD for what is displayed in the 3rd party app?
If it displayed more that it is physically possible - so will you pay for something which is impossible?
Then you wrote:
"I’ve downloaded less than a gig but BWMeter reads 11 gigs" - my theory is that:
if your are downloading 1 GB in 10 chunks - this BWMeter soft treats every connection as separate download - so it will count incorrectly: 10x1GB file - it probably can't recognize that every connection reads/writes the same file but in the different offset (position from the beginning of the file).

This is why we are asking - where is the problem with jD?
Old 29.12.2011, 10:05
remi

Cool

@alex5908

If you didn't set up a specific filter for java/jD then you could as well be measuring the traffic of another process. There might be a process running on your computer that's transferring massive amounts of data to another computer in your local network and you don't know it because you don't know what BWMeter is actually measuring.
Old 29.12.2011, 11:28
Polish Supporter

@remi

Yup it is possible, but all good traffic measuring apps should recognize (or setup) internal from external traffic.
All he said is that he downloaded more than is physically possible. That is the key.
Even if he downloaded 10 GB instead of 1GB - he should notice that downloading this amount of data should take 10x more time.
Old 29.12.2011, 12:25
English Supporter

Really poor way of detecting bw useage if its watching header info. Only reliable way is to monitor socket sessions.

Old 29.12.2011, 12:54
remi

@editestowy

That tool can really measure a lot (This Computer, LAN, IP address/range, domain name, MAC address, download/upload, IP protocol overhead, source/destination port (range), application, time period, etc.) but you need to set it up properly. A default setting can measure anything.
Old 02.01.2012, 17:32
alex5908

Happy new year to everybody!

I've been observing how JD downloads files from Filerserve and found out that sometimes the download speed jumps to 200 MB/s. May be this is the reason for the problem. I decreased the max speed to 2 MB/s. Hope this helps. By the way, it looks like it's only the problem downloading files from Fileserve. Rapidshare is OK.

Now I having "Socket time-out: read timed out". Once I'd had this problem but I resolved it. Just do not remember how. Any suggestions?

Last edited by alex5908; 02.01.2012 at 18:07. Reason: Adding
Old 02.01.2012, 18:22
JD Manager

jdownloader cannot load 200mb/s because
1.) your internet connection isnt that fast
2.) your disk isnt that fast

i'm pretty sure its the firewall/av buffering the complete file and once finished give all data at once to jdownloader. thats what stupid firewall/av do and also explains your read-timeout
setup firewall/av correct is the right answer
Old 02.01.2012, 20:16
alex5908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
jdownloader cannot load 200mb/s because
1.) your internet connection isnt that fast
2.) your disk isnt that fast

i'm pretty sure its the firewall/av buffering the complete file and once finished give all data at once to jdownloader. thats what stupid firewall/av do and also explains your read-timeout
setup firewall/av correct is the right answer
You're right about p.1 and 2. But how can you explain that there's no problem downloading with Rapidshare as the firewall is the same for fileserve and rapidshare.
Old 02.01.2012, 20:24
JD Manager

ask your firewall developer we didnt develop it but when you read enough in this forum you will know that firewall /av are unpredictable
Old 03.01.2012, 04:38
English Supporter

I can, rapidshare downloads with https vs fileserve http, It's most likely that your virus/fw software can not analyse https socket traffic as its encrypted, until written to disk.

Old 03.01.2012, 09:39
remi

I didn't know that some firewalls are interested in the contents of the traffic. I learned something today.
Old 03.01.2012, 13:24
English Supporter

antivirus / firewall / live web|link scanning..

They can't scan on the fly (well they can but it serves no point) with https(443) as its still in encrypted stated until jd has written to disk. But with http (port 80) a lot of vendors scan on the fly at the socket layer. To do this successful at times they slow down socket rates. That's why at times you hear on the forums about slow(er) download rates. Our normal response is..... ;p

Old 04.01.2012, 07:25
alex5908

I've got Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 installed and I can not find an option to disengage the firewall.
Old 04.01.2012, 07:34
JD Manager

http://support.jdownloader.org/index...cleid=17&nav=0
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...kaspersky-2010
Old 04.01.2012, 11:42
Polish Supporter

@alex
Also check:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...postcount=1530

I'm using KIS 2012, previously was using 2011 and this AV/FV when set well works with jD without any problem.
Old 04.01.2012, 16:29
alex5908

How can it be grounded that if I download files from Fileserve with not enabled Premium account the GB count is alright. When I enable it, that's when the problem starts.
I'll read posts about KIS2011 firewell. May be it will help. But still... Logically it can't be explained as a) there used to be no problem 3 weeks ago with downloading using Fileserve Premium acc (and I have not changed a single setting since that time in any progg) b) why should it be only Fileserve and not any other file exchange sites? It's really weird.
Old 04.01.2012, 16:34
JD Manager

We also did not change a single thing
as the developer of the firewall/av why....
Old 05.01.2012, 09:39
remi

@alex5908

I recommend the following steps :-

1) If you've virus software, please un-install it and reboot your computer. It's possible you need special removal software and registry cleaners to remove the virus.

2) If you've a firewall in your router please un-install the firewall on your computer and reboot your computer.
Old 05.01.2012, 15:58
alex5908

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
@alex5908

I recommend the following steps :-

1) If you've virus software, please un-install it and reboot your computer. It's possible you need special removal software and registry cleaners to remove the virus.

2) If you've a firewall in your router please un-install the firewall on your computer and reboot your computer.
Do you mean to use internet without an antivirus progg and firewall?
The issue is ONLY with Fileserve premium acc.
Old 06.01.2012, 10:15
remi

Cool

That's true for the virus, but not true for the firewall. I wrote "If you've a firewall in your router...". You don't need an additional (redundant) firewall on your computer. If you don't have a firewall in your router you can always install and configure another one on your computer and remove the old one. Don't forget to restart your computer. Following this procedure you'll know what's blocking your FSe account in jD.