JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.02.2021, 15:09
Modem User

Exclamation JD2 update maybe ignoring previous linkgrabber lists

Dear Developers, I begin by stating: I love JD2, and I love that you still keep it free. I applaud you for both!

Since the last JD2 update, all the links on the linkgrabber tab are always deleted or ignored. I have tried many tricks, like deleting all linkcollectorXXX.zip files, and leaving only the latest one, or renaming the file I want to be retained by the name of the newly (empty) created one, deleting the whole JD2 directory, making a clean new installation, and replacing the linkcollector.zip and downloadlist.zip, "adding the container" as described on https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...nkgrabber-list. All of those attempts result in the same empty linkgrabber list. The downloadlist.zip seems to be unaffected.

It happens that I have a backup with the Core version 43576. With that one, restoring the linkgrabber list by simply deleting all files and leaving the one to be retained works flawlessly. And I may restart JD2 as many times as I want, the linkgrabber list remains ok. When I update JD2 to core v43788, then the linkgrabber list opens empty. As you well know, the files are not deleted. A new empty list file is created. And it seems that there's nothing I can do to make the previous list to be recognised at all.

Because of this last test, using the previous JD2 version, I strongly believe that this problem is related to the last JD2 update. Please refer to the log:
14.02.21 22.08.08 <--> 14.02.21 22.07.07 jdlog://9482725302851/

Can you witness this behaviour there at your end? Could there be some other problem here on my system instead? Is there for me to download the JD2 version prior to this latest one?

Thanks for your help.
Old 15.02.2021, 16:46
Community Manager

Hi,
you can't just swap certain JD installation files and hope for this to work.
Your core file is outdated and loading the linkgrabber list fails.

Please send your linkgrabber list to us via support@jdownloader.org.

-psp-
EDIT

Fix your installation by doing this:

Delete the following files/folders and then start JD and let it update:
- Core.jar
- tmp
- update

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 15.02.2021 at 16:53.
Old 16.02.2021, 00:25
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
you can't just swap certain JD installation files and hope for this to work.
I understand.
But this was not what I did nor what happened.
Quote:
Your core file is outdated and loading the linkgrabber list fails.
That sounds like a very simple explanation that does not really reflect the symptoms nor the behaviour described before.
Quote:
Please send your linkgrabber list to us via support@jdownloader.org.
That won't get us nowhere, because the list zip files are valid. The zip files are just containers for text files that describe details about the links/packages, with just 1 file that "could" be corrupt or the cause for the list file to be ignored, the file "extraInfo". But its contents is just the installation directory and a timestamp, possibly similar to the last modified time of the zip file. This zip file is not corrupted, it is fine.
Quote:
EDIT

Fix your installation by doing this:

Delete the following files/folders and then start JD and let it update:
- Core.jar
- tmp
- update
I have done that. Well, similar.
1: Replace the complete jd2 directory with a previous backup (core version 43576).
2: Replace the last linkcollector and downloadlist files with the ones I had before.
3: JD2 runs 1st time exactly how I left it, including the linkgrabber list. All is fine. In this state, I have opened and closed JD2 multiple times, and both lists remained fine. Continuing this way, jd2 works as expected. It is an older version than the version I had before (the version immediately before the update to core v43788), but it still works fine.

And now comes the problem:
4: Update jd2.
Now, upon restart, the linkgrabber list is empty.
I have tried doing the same on 2, replacing the last linkgrabber file by the one that should be used, but it simply does not work. Surprisingly, not even deleting the new one, and renaming the old one with the name of the deleted one, it does not work. It worked on 2, not now.

I add a brand-new link. The new linkgrabber list retains it. I drag and drop the whole linkgrabber file that I wanted to be recognised. jd2 shows a dialogue box confirming the quantity of links and asking for authorisation. I click ok. Nothing happens. Restarting jd2 and the new link is retained fine.

In summary: somehow, the linkgrabber list that jd2 recognised before, seems to be completely ignored by this new version. And dragging and dropping the old one on top of the linkgrabber to be "imported" won't work either.
And this is the problem. No jar file, and no tmp nor update nor any directory were ever tampered with.
Old 16.02.2021, 14:46
Community Manager

Jiaz has found- and fixed the issue.

For some reason, the "last modified" date of your plugins folder did not change which lead to JD using an old cache.

Close JD, delete the "tmp" folder in your install dir and restart JD.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 17.02.2021, 05:35
Modem User

Smile Problem solved!

Dear pspzockerscene,

Indeed it worked! I updated it to core v43805, deleted the tmp directory, renamed the files appropriately, and it worked from the start.

Deleting that directory never crossed my mind. I will try to remember that in the event of some (rare) abnormal behaviour in the future.

Please thank Jiaz on my behalf. Thank you for your attention. Thank you all for JD2.

Kind Regards,
ks
Old 17.02.2021, 15:17
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: