JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.05.2019, 14:36
Super Loader

Default How do I override per-host limits?

From what I understand, JD follows the rules set by a plugin specific to current host, and in most cases it doesn't allow to download more than 1 file at a time, for 1 connection (e.g. without proxies).

But in reality, I've experienced situations where I could really start a second (or even third) download in browser, while JD simply refuses to do so - it doesn't do anything at all with the next file until 1 current download is finished. I've tried using Reset, Force Download start - they do nothing.

I conclude that the whole logic of JD to act strictly according to restrictions set by plugins is not helping and make things worse sometimes. So I have to use browser to download more files at a time than JD can download.

You could say that a plugin needs to be updated if such limits are changed for some host. But it doesn't help much.
- Such rules may change frequently on some hosts.
- Host may temporary remove certain limitations, intended or unintended.
- JD may fail to recognize that current connection is not the same as the one used in existing download (e.g. if it uses proxy server controlled by the user).

In all such cases, I'd like to be able to enforce the attempt to download the file anyway in JD while it's already downloading another file from the same host, even if plugin rules say ony 1 file can be downloaded at a time.
Old 27.05.2019, 16:58
JD Manager

At the moment it's not possibly to bypass the limits set by plugin. The best solution is to update the limits in plugin so everyone can make use of the changes. I don't think hosts will change such limits that often because they want/need those limits to make ppl buy/use premium accounts. The more/better the free mode is, the less likely ppl will go the premium way.
Old 27.05.2019, 17:00
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by choin View Post
- JD may fail to recognize that current connection is not the same as the one used in existing download (e.g. if it uses proxy server controlled by the user).
JDownloader keeps track of that and there are no known issues for that.If you have control over the proxy server external IP, then you should setup multiple proxy servers so JDownloader also is aware of that situation. When you change external IP without JDownloader being able to know then of course this won't work well in a controlled environment like JDownloader.
Old 27.05.2019, 17:01
JD Manager

Old 27.05.2019, 17:39
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The best solution is to update the limits in plugin so everyone can make use of the changes.
I think better solution would be to allow user to try that if he knows what he's doing. This way you won't need to update each plugin.

Also, same applies to waiting time. I remember having troubles with recaptcha on a service where the combined time of initial waiting + captcha solving caused what it seemed to be a session timeout. E.g. waiting time JD reports is 3 minutes but website reports 45 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
JDownloader keeps track of that and there are no known issues for that.
That's because people may not care enough to report such cases. It's much easier to just go and download that one problematic file in browser than issue a new thread on a forum that requires registration.

I've been in a situation where I could start the download with a browser while it was sitting in JD queue several times, with at least a few different hosts. One would think the sole purpose of JD is to remove such a need.
Old 27.05.2019, 17:48
JD Manager

Quote:
I think better solution would be to allow user to try that if he knows what he's doing.
That's why I've created a ticket for this feature
Old 27.05.2019, 18:03
JD Manager

Quote:
I've been in a situation where I could start the download with a browser while it was sitting in JD queue several times, with at least a few different hosts. One would think the sole purpose of JD is to remove such a need.
I'm sorry but we cannot fix/optimize anything if ppl don't report such issues. JDownloader supports several thousand different sites and we have to rely on user reports if they are aware of issue/changes.
Old 27.05.2019, 18:05
JD Manager

Quote:
Also, same applies to waiting time. I remember having troubles with recaptcha on a service where the combined time of initial waiting + captcha solving caused what it seemed to be a session timeout. E.g. waiting time JD reports is 3 minutes but website reports 45 seconds.
I'm sorry but I don't see any way to provide generic *bypass* support as a plugin can have several different waiting times/routines. This is something that should be fixed within plugin because plugins read waiting times from website and only relay on *best guesses* if this routine fails