JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.06.2009, 19:08
JD Manager

Lightbulb JDownloader 0.6.193 Comments, Complains, Thanks...

Please write your general comments in here.

Last edited by coalado; 23.08.2009 at 13:38.
Old 18.06.2009, 21:50
JD Addict

I can't install it on Windows 7 build 7100 ?

[edit]

there's some kind of a bug.... this is also present in the previous version....

when I change jD's default hoster logos..... then start the program.... jD always prompts me that there's a 1 update available.... after downloading it.... when jD restarts... the hoster logos that I replaced go back to the default one.... ???

Last edited by lightwave3d; 18.06.2009 at 22:19.
Old 18.06.2009, 23:03
clookie

They say, DO NOT put it in the Program Files folder for Vista, try that in Windows 7 too.
That it updates is obvious. It detects files that are different than the ones in the latest version so it updates the 'not up to date' logos, namely the ones you changed.
Old 19.06.2009, 03:40
JD Manager

its not possible to use own icons for those hosters we deliver...im sure we will add support for different icons soon (eg icon set, like themes)
Old 19.06.2009, 08:40
JD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clookie View Post
They say, DO NOT put it in the Program Files folder for Vista, try that in Windows 7 too.
That it updates is obvious. It detects files that are different than the ones in the latest version so it updates the 'not up to date' logos, namely the ones you changed.
thanks for the tip! it worked....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
its not possible to use own icons for those hosters we deliver...im sure we will add support for different icons soon (eg icon set, like themes)
I see.... thanks alot!
Old 19.06.2009, 11:19
perangbintang

i can't install jd scheduler in 0.6.193.
in the addon manager>installation&updates, i check jd-scheduler, and save changes in the config, but nothing happened. clicking the execute update button doesn't help either.

or is there something that i missed? please point me in the right direction, cause i really need this scheduler addon.

and btw, i use macos x 10.5.5.
thanks

[EDIT] nevermind...i found that the addon is automatically added to the download list. all i have to do is to press play.

Last edited by perangbintang; 19.06.2009 at 11:33. Reason: found the solution
Old 20.06.2009, 10:50
Niy

Default "Plugin error (out-of-date)" for megaupload

When using jdownloader to download things from rapidshare, it's perfectly OK.

However, if I use it to download things from megaupload, it's only ok for the first two files. When it goes to the third file, it always cannot download and says "Plugin error (out-of-date)" for ALL THE REST files one by one.

Checked the links in browser already, and those megaupload links are perfectly fine. I can even download them using browser. I just cannot use jdownloader to download them.

And strangely, if I shut down the computer and turn it on the next day, jdownloader can download ANOTHER TWO files. And then the same error occurs.

I guess megaupload has done something with its site to ban jdownloader from downloading it links. But it's just a guess.

Please advise a solution as soon as possible. Thanks.
Old 20.06.2009, 10:53
JD Manager

can you please provide a logfile (loglevel all)
the first 2 downloads are done via megaupload api and after that we use the normal way---so logfile might help me to see whats wrong
Old 20.06.2009, 11:01
Niy

Default log file

Quote:
can you please provide a logfile (loglevel all)
the first 2 downloads are done via megaupload api and after that we use the normal way---so logfile might help me to see whats wrong
Here you go:

======================================================
2009 June 20th PM04:03:25 - java_downloader-> SEVERE Exception occurred
java.lang.NullPointerException
at jd.plugins.host.Megauploadcom.doDownload(Megauploadcom.java:182)
at jd.plugins.host.Megauploadcom.handleFree1(Megauploadcom.java:431)
at jd.plugins.host.Megauploadcom.handleFree0(Megauploadcom.java:483)
at jd.plugins.host.Megauploadcom.handleFree(Megauploadcom.java:506)
at jd.plugins.PluginForHost.handle(Unknown Source)
at jd.controlling.SingleDownloadController.handlePlugin(Unknown Source)
at jd.controlling.SingleDownloadController.run(Unknown Source)
2009 June 20th PM04:03:25 - java_downloader->
Error occured- latest:ERROR_PLUGIN_DEFEKT
00100000010001000000000000000001 <Statuscode
00000000010000000000000000000000 |ERROR_PLUGIN_DEFEKT
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000000000000000000000001 |VALUE_ID_PREMIUM_DISABLE
StatusText: Connecting...
ErrorMessage: Error: Null Pointer

2009 June 20th PM04:03:25 - java_downloader-> The Plugin for megaupload.com seems to be out of date(rev6087). Please inform the Support-team http://jdownloader.org/support.
2009 June 20th PM04:03:25 - java_downloader-> Error: Null Pointer
======================================================
Old 20.06.2009, 15:29
D.i M.e

Some questions about this release:
  • when do you plan to release some updates so that I could see does updating works in this version, since it didn't worked on my PCs since version 0.5.917?
  • what does it mean "update plugins" on screen loading? i don't see that it download something from internet in that time
  • do you plan any new modification in next releases, since you already make big changes in this version (i mean with installing)? i have some website with detailed description and screenshot of installing and using this program and i don't know when there will be freeze in gui changes so that i can update it (it is outdated now with tips from old look)
  • how could i contact Serbian translator, i don't see it's contact information in language file?

Thanks in advance
Old 22.06.2009, 00:29
D.i M.e

Any reply?
Old 22.06.2009, 02:14
xule

Default Hotfile new captchas

Horrible doubled line capthcas on hotfile !
Old 22.06.2009, 06:24
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niy View Post
However, if I use it to download things from megaupload, it's only ok for the first two files. When it goes to the third file, it always cannot download and says "Plugin error (out-of-date)" for ALL THE REST files one by one.
This was a problem earlier, I haven't had it recently.
JD has two methods, one only works for 2-3 files on the same IP, it should then crack the CAPTCHA, but the second method isn't working for you

Try this to force it to Reconnect after each download :

Config
Hosts
megaupload.com
Settings
CAPTCHA mode
Avoid Captchas

Last edited by Gweilo; 22.06.2009 at 06:27.
Old 22.06.2009, 11:07
clookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.i M.e View Post
  • when do you plan to release some updates so that I could see does updating works in this version, since it didn't worked on my PCs since version 0.5.917?
  • what does it mean "update plugins" on screen loading? i don't see that it download something from internet in that time
  • do you plan any new modification in next releases, since you already make big changes in this version (i mean with installing)? i have some website with detailed description and screenshot of installing and using this program and i don't know when there will be freeze in gui changes so that i can update it (it is outdated now with tips from old look)
  • how could i contact Serbian translator, i don't see it's contact information in language file?

Thanks in advance
  • not sure, though I haven't had any troubles, you might want to try a fresh download of JD and then copy your config to that. Also try running jdupdate.jar for updating.
  • plugins can be updated through packages you download like any other file in JD. It are .jdu zipped files if I'm right. But it only applies those at program startup, so if you don't restart after downloading them, it does it next time you open it. That is if I understand you correct... Screenshot
  • I don't think you can contact if there's no contact info. If it's about changes, add the Translate plugin, customize it like you think it should be and submit it. More info here

Last edited by clookie; 22.06.2009 at 11:37.
Old 22.06.2009, 11:28
remi

Cool

Although I seem to be a young, senior member of this board, I don't belong to the dev team. I try to help vistors of this board, because the support team is very busy with replying to the same questions again and again. The devs are probably planning their holidays, which they fully deserve, of course.

So, I can only give tentative answers. They might very well be contradicted by the real experts.

Quote:
when do you plan to release some updates so that I could see does updating works in this version, since it didn't worked on my PCs since version 0.5.917?
I've the impression that updates are published on a daily basis. So, go ahead and test whichever version you want.

Quote:
what does it mean "update plugins" on screen loading? i don't see that it download something from internet in that time
It establishes a connection to the internet and tries to contact an update server, even when you've enabled "Update only at user request". I guess it just counts the number of updates that are waiting. If, however, your firewall blocks this connection in v.0.5.917, then the application hangs until you kill it. I've never seen this before in any previous version of jD, nor any other application.

Quote:
do you plan any new modification in next releases, since you already make big changes in this version (i mean with installing)? i have some website with detailed description and screenshot of installing and using this program and i don't know when there will be freeze in gui changes so that i can update it (it is outdated now with tips from old look)
Concerning the installation procedure. The dev team will have to change that, because today, the procedure is too complex for ordinary computer users. As is the case with professional software, jD will sooner or later have to be installed with an installer program.
The usability of JD has suffered in many respects when it was upgraded/downgraded from v.0.4 to v.0.5. More and more of these handicaps are being addressed and removed - at least, that's what I expect from all the reactions of the customers and the feedback of the devs. I conclude that the Human Machine Interface will get small enhancements over time in order to get it at the level of v.0.4. It will be a slow process as v.0.4 wasn't built in one day.

Quote:
how could i contact Serbian translator, i don't see it's contact information in language file?
That's totally beyond my knowledge. If that translator has been posting on this board, the admin and moderators of this board should have his/her e-mail.

Last edited by remi; 22.06.2009 at 11:35. Reason: firewall
Old 22.06.2009, 11:41
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If that translator has been posting on this board, the admin and moderators of this board should have his/her e-mail.
If they have messages here, click on their name and you can send a PM via the forum.
Old 22.06.2009, 13:39
D.i M.e

Thank you everyone for your detailed answers! But I think that I was not understood in some places. When I was talking about update, I meant on update like on **External links are only visible to Support Staff**this screenshot. After installing 0.6.193 about a week ago, I didn't get information that update is available nor update was running (like in this screenshot from previous versions).

In versions 0.5.917 and 0.6.111 I would get this messages and update would start, but it never actually occurs because I got error like in this case. With old versions (before 0.5.x) I never got problems with automatic updates.

Thats why I asked will there be some updates to see if it will work with this version or it won't work as in 0.5.917 and 0.6.111.

Thanks again
Old 22.06.2009, 18:20
Niy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
This was a problem earlier, I haven't had it recently.
JD has two methods, one only works for 2-3 files on the same IP, it should then crack the CAPTCHA, but the second method isn't working for you

Try this to force it to Reconnect after each download :

Config
Hosts
megaupload.com
Settings
CAPTCHA mode
Avoid Captchas
Hey thanks. But this method doesn't work. Now after getting two files, the third file will ask me to wait for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, it says: "IP is already Loading or Download Limit exceeded!"

Then it asks me to wait for another 5 minutes. Then the same thing happen over and over again. No actual download of the third file ever begins.

IP is definitely NOT loading as I am not downloading any other file. So, please assist.
Old 22.06.2009, 19:33
JD Manager

the message *ip is already loading* comes directly from the hoster! just wait longer, most hosters wait an timeout before they free the *ip in use*!

05917 and some of the beta do have an update bug! because of that you have to download the latest version from homepage and extract over old one.

@remi:
no we do not update on daily basis, you can see that in changelog page!
and jd loads the filelist from server at the beginning and try that several times (becase it can fail due to high serverload)...every try has a timeout, and therefore a blocked jd (why start jd that cannot connect to internet at all, so setup firewall right) might take some time before it starts up!

and we are working on performance issues and usability and also bugfixing...we try our best to make jd better every versions, thats why we need proper bugreports!
Old 23.06.2009, 13:20
JD Legend

Quote:
Hey thanks. But this method doesn't work. Now after getting two files, the third file will ask me to wait for 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, it says: "IP is already Loading or Download Limit exceeded!"

Then it asks me to wait for another 5 minutes. Then the same thing happen over and over again. No actual download of the third file ever begins.

IP is definitely NOT loading as I am not downloading any other file. So, please assist.
Have you set up and enabled Reconnect?

If not, then this method won't work.
Old 23.06.2009, 15:49
Polish Supporter

I'm using jD mostly with RS (premium and free), sometimes with other services: MU, odsiebie, hotfile - as download manager it works perfectly.
I minimialized usage of CPU/memory by switching off the performance features and putting jD into tray - so this problem is not bothering me anymore.

But one feature I'm awaiting in the near releases.
Please correct the refreshing in packages browser after changing the status
of packages (Enable/Disable). With huge list of packages it's really frustrating to search for previous position every time after stopping/starting some packages.
Old 23.06.2009, 18:26
Niy

Quote:
the message *ip is already loading* comes directly from the hoster! just wait longer, most hosters wait an timeout before they free the *ip in use*!

05917 and some of the beta do have an update bug! because of that you have to download the latest version from homepage and extract over old one.
Umm... but it seems like waiting forever.

On the update bug, which file i need to download to solve this megaupload problem? Any links?
Old 23.06.2009, 18:27
Niy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweilo View Post
Have you set up and enabled Reconnect?

If not, then this method won't work.
How should I properly set up and enable reconnect? I am on a router with an ISP providing fixed IP... so probably I can't reconnect to obtain a new IP? Or maybe that's my misunderstanding? maybe a newb question...
Old 23.06.2009, 19:51
JD Legend

Quote:
How should I properly set up and enable reconnect? I am on a router with an ISP providing fixed IP... so probably I can't reconnect to obtain a new IP? Or maybe that's my misunderstanding? maybe a newb question...
The idea is to change your IP.
If you really have a fixed IP, you can't do that (unless you use a proxy).

But first confrm you really do have a fixed IP -- that's usually something you have to pay extra for.

Check your IP using eg **External links are only visible to Support Staff**myip.dk. Then turn off your router and modem for 5 minutes, and then back on, check again. If your IP is different, you have a dynamic IP, and you can use "Reconnect" in JD.

Reconnect does this using software commands, which are different for each router.

See the Wiki for details of how to set this up.
Old 25.06.2009, 05:53
Soulstrom

Default Downloading More than one file at once

When I download megaupload files manually, I can get maybe 7-16 going at a time. I do not have a premium account, only a free membership, and I was wondering how I can get jDownloader to download more than one at a time this way. I entered my account info in the configuration tab under hosts and megaupload, I have the checkbox checked, and it says "Account is ok".

Thanks
Old 26.06.2009, 21:49
search4bp

Default A FANTASTIC program !

Coalado, honestly, this is the BEST download program I ever used. You can throw at it what you want, it processes almost everything with ease! With some small problems, easy to live with.

CONGRATULATIONS!

The only REAL downside I have to mention too: The scheduler plug-in seems to have been made by someone who never used any computer... absolutely hard to understand, forgets the settings etc pp

I wrote a special request in the appropriate section of this forum, see here:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthr...0694#post20694

Thanks for listening/reading and doing something there too
Hugs, Judith
Old 28.06.2009, 09:34
leomelo

I have this problem:
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:01 AM - Main-> Start JDownloader
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDUtilities-> Create Classloader: for: /home/leomelo/.jd
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> rootDir:/home/leomelo/.jd
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDChat.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDNewsfeeds.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDShutdown.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDUnrar.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/schedule.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDTray.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDFolderWatch.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDRemoteControl.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:02 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDWebinterface.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDInfoFileWriter.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDLangFileEditor.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDHJMerge.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/plugins/JDPremiumCollect.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - JDClassLoader-> Jar file loaded: /home/leomelo/.jd/JDownloader.jar
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - DatabaseConnector-> Loading database
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:03 AM - DatabaseConnector-> Checking database
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:06 AM - Main-> init Eventmanager
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:06 AM - Main-> init Localisation
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:07 AM - Main-> init Configuration
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:16 AM - java_downloader-> Webupdater disabled
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:22 AM - java_downloader-> Probably wrong URL! See log for more infos!
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:43 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:47 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:52 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:07:57 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:08:02 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:08:07 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:08:11 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:08:16 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Jun 28, 2009 2:08:21 AM - java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found
Old 28.06.2009, 15:59
JD Manager

setup reconect correct because
java_downloader-> No LiveHeader Script found

or disable it in toolbar
Old 29.06.2009, 21:30
Slaninica

1. Missing Waittime after loosing connection setting - default 300s (too much for me) - was present in previous versions.

2. Automaticly continues to next link, although it "knows" that there's no connection.

Problem is when external program reconnects JDownloader doesn't resume interrupted download but other.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

edit:

Just to say that I do not reconnect to get new IP, I'm using premium. External program just reconnects after losing internet connection for whatever reason it may be. Useful for leaving JD unattended. I explained this in topic: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=4535

Last edited by Slaninica; 29.06.2009 at 21:35. Reason: additional info
Old 01.07.2009, 11:44
AgentoUK

Default Auto Start Download - Skip "Add Package" part

Hi,

Can this version be set to start downloads automatically? When using the clipboard monitor (and even the Firefox addon) I always have to go into LinkGrabber and add the packages manually.

Can this part be skipped, so the files start downloading automatically, so I can continue browsing while files are downloading?
Old 01.07.2009, 13:12
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentoUK View Post
Hi,

Can this version be set to start downloads automatically? When using the clipboard monitor (and even the Firefox addon) I always have to go into LinkGrabber and add the packages manually.

Can this part be skipped, so the files start downloading automatically, so I can continue browsing while files are downloading?
I can't believe this is stil not implemented.

In v.0.4. of jD you need only one click to start a download.
Old 06.07.2009, 17:53
PGS510

I am having more trouble than its worth! The 6.193 is so unstable not user friendly & a general PITA.
Can I go back to the good old system that worked PLEEEZZZE!
Oh & please don't think I am ripping or what ever JD rocks! just not the new version!
Old 06.07.2009, 21:35
joshcool3

Default Help - new jdownloader won't start/run on my friends comp.

HI,
first off i've just got to say - omg what an awesome program, it literally is a dream come true - especially with the automatic captcha business come true, words can't explain.

I was keen to recomend this program to my friend, however after he downloaded the latest version off of the site it wouldn't run. He's running xp, and he downloaded the zip file to his documents. When the jdownloader application file is double clicked inside the unzipped folder nothing happens; which i find really confusing as when i did it on mine it opened the program normally and everything worked. I think he has the latest version of java etc installed, and i don't think there was a problem with the download from rapid share. I'm not sure if this is a bug with the most recent release of JD and could be fixed by using an older version.

Any ideas on a fix for this guys?

Old 07.07.2009, 11:08
remi

Cool

This could be a firewall blocking problem.

Please, could you ask your friend to add java.exe and javaw.exe to the exclude list of his firewall.
Old 07.07.2009, 20:08
PGS510

OK I am out! Back to the old one sent in my logs hope the braintrust can figure out the new one.
I would post the logs here but they are pages long..
Old 07.07.2009, 20:36
b|m

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcool3 View Post
HI,
first off i've just got to say - omg what an awesome program, it literally is a dream come true - especially with the automatic captcha business come true, words can't explain.

I was keen to recomend this program to my friend, however after he downloaded the latest version off of the site it wouldn't run. He's running xp, and he downloaded the zip file to his documents. When the jdownloader application file is double clicked inside the unzipped folder nothing happens; which i find really confusing as when i did it on mine it opened the program normally and everything worked. I think he has the latest version of java etc installed, and i don't think there was a problem with the download from rapid share. I'm not sure if this is a bug with the most recent release of JD and could be fixed by using an older version.

Any ideas on a fix for this guys?

1. Make *sure* that he has installed a recent java version.
2. Let your friend try to start JD manually. To do so open a command box (start->run: cmd.exe), navigate to the jd folder (cd \path\to\jdfolder) and do a "java -jar -Xmx512m JDownloader.jar".
3. Report back the output of the last command.
Old 07.07.2009, 21:32
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcool3 View Post
and he downloaded the zip file to his documents.
Is he running the program from the Documents folder?
Try moving it to something like C:\JDown
Old 07.07.2009, 21:34
joshcool3

Smile Everythings all good!

:biggrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b|m View Post
1. Make *sure* that he has installed a recent java version.
2. Let your friend try to start JD manually. To do so open a command box (start->run: cmd.exe), navigate to the jd folder (cd \path\to\jdfolder) and do a "java -jar -Xmx512m JDownloader.jar".
3. Report back the output of the last command.
Thanks the installation of a newer version of java did the trick and everythings working fine now, no need for the manual start of java through cmd - not sure what was up with the other version of java that he had installed because i wouldn't think that it was below 1.5 (of course that would be making the assumption that he did indeed have java installed, rather than just thinking he did:rolleyes:)

wow i can't believe what an awesome program this is - i've been looking for something like this for ages; and the amount of time i've saved on downloading 20 or so rar parts from megaupload through just the click of a button. Lifesaver

Now to get the reconection part of the program working with the funny bskyb firmware that comes preinstalled on my netgear router

Keep up the good work guys, it's much appreciated:biggrin:
Old 09.07.2009, 10:42
artifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by perangbintang View Post
i can't install jd scheduler in 0.6.193.
in the addon manager>installation&updates, i check jd-scheduler, and save changes in the config, but nothing happened. clicking the execute update button doesn't help either.
[EDIT] nevermind...i found that the addon is automatically added to the download list. all i have to do is to press play.
Same problem here but not added to download list when i select and save config. Any idea? I'm working with Windows.

RS have a 2AM to 10AM time slot when only 10% of download counts so activating would be great.

Solved: You must enable to catch HTTP links by JDownloader which I've disabled for my download manager. I hope JDownloader will get some better scheduler.

Last edited by artifex; 09.07.2009 at 12:34.
Old 14.07.2009, 22:23
rajkumar2000

Default jdownloader asks for update

everytime i run jdownloader 0.6.193 it says there is one update and even after updating successfully it again says there is one update available and this is happening every time i run jdownloader.Plz help