JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 18.10.2018, 15:48
Modem User

Post REQUEST PLUGIN FOR uktvplay.uktv.co.uk on demand site

hi everyone right I need to ask a question I download and installed this software jdownloader 2 and it is great but there is one site that this software does not have it is a on demand site this site has a lot of channels that are on tv it is uktvplay.uktv.co.uk this site has
theses channels Dave, Drama, Really, Yesterday and Home you can watch any program that is on those channels on that site if you have missed it on tv some programs only stay on the site for 30days so if this software could have this plugin that would be great also it says on the site
Watch your favourite shows from anytime, anywhere, for free which is great it has a lot of old tv series like the one I watch a lot of is the bill it has a quiet a lot of episodes of that to watch some new and old it is a bit like Netflix but it is free and I don't know of any softwares that will download the programs off the site so can I please request this plugin to be added to the jdownloader 2 software
Old 18.10.2018, 16:17
JD Manager

I'm very confident that this site/services is using DRM to protect their streams and JDownloader doesn't support that.
Old 18.10.2018, 16:17
JD Manager

Yes, it's DRM protected (#EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=AES-128)
Old 19.10.2018, 05:28
Modem User

well I don't think it uses drm cos I was able to download a program off the site quiet easily about 5days ago when I was on the site so if anyone can maybe try to make a plugin for this site to download the programs that would be great
Old 19.10.2018, 10:59
JD Manager

Of course other progams might be able to handle this site/these streams. The site is using brightcove with HLS/m3u8 and X-KEY-> DRM. There are many different form of DRM, some easy, some more advanced. X-KEY is very very easy but still DRM.
Because of legal reasons JDownloader doesn't support DRM protected streams. I'm sorry but you will have to find another program for this site.
Old 20.10.2018, 17:20
Modem User

ok then do you know then of any other software that will download from uktvplay.uktv.co.uk then cos you say The site is using brightcove with HLS/m3u8 and X-KEY-> DRM so do you know of any software that will download brightcove with HLS/m3u8 do you know of any software that will work for this site cos the software I used does not work any more so I have to record the screen of the site which is a lot of hassle having to record shows of the site so do you know of any software that will download video files from that site then cos I have used a few softwares and none of them seem to work for the site