JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.06.2016, 22:35
Mega Loader

Default Help with DepFile

I don't understand how the Depfile setup works, can someone try and explain it to me?

I can go in and add a bunch of links. I do so by opening the depfile page to the file, I copy the URL out of the browser bar. JDownloader says it adds it, no problem, and the page loaded fine(no "out of downloads message"). After I've queued a bunch up, and then tell it to start the downloads, it sometimes gives me the skipped-account missing error. If I go back and reload the page, Depfile tells me that I am over limit.

What I don't get, it seems like using the top level link for the depfile page causes JDownloader to hit it like it's a new page when I initiate the download. i.e. depfile counts it as 2 against the limit, once when I initially open the page, and once when I tell Jdownloader to start the transfers. I havent' tested it, but maybe using the 24 hour link generated by the page will prevent this as long as I download within that period?

It just doesn't make sense to me why I can open the depfile page, get the link and it's fine, but then when I tell Jdownloader to start the transfers, now I'm over the limit, not unless the Jdownloader transfer attemps are counting as seperate files each time.

Is anyone else running into that/can confirm any of this for me?
Thank you
Old 06.06.2016, 00:41
English Supporter

Usually limit is for download, not for open the page.
Old 06.06.2016, 04:48
Mega Loader

I get that, but I'm reporting what I'm seeing. I queue up a bunch of links...but when I tell JDownloader to go download, it says I'm at my daily limit, but I wasn't when I queued them, so it doesn't seem like it treats it that way.
Thank you!
Old 06.06.2016, 05:20
English Supporter

If you provide all your links, I can test them for you.
If you want to see the original message, upload the log.
If you are not happy with their way, tell them.
Old 06.06.2016, 12:51
JD Manager

What urls exactly do you open in browser? Maybe by opening them in browser and then copy url you already generated a download url which then gets reduced from your daily traffic limit.
Do you speak of non account, free account or premium account?
Old 06.06.2016, 14:43
Mega Loader

I open a link obscurer that goes to a depfile link, and then I copy the depfile link out of the address bar, which Jdownloader picks up. It's not the "24 hour" URL. I'm going to try the daily limit URL and try and get to see if I can get those to still work even if hitting the daily limit. I assume they will, it's somewhat difficult to test as I am not always sure when I will hit it. It's also tricky because I don't want JDownloader to try and download both URLs, since that would be a duplicate, so it's a lot of effort to test properly.

This is a premium account.
Thank you!
Old 06.06.2016, 14:54
Mega Loader

Well, that was interesting..so I just tried it, I do know depfile doesn't reset your counter at some point a day, the track downloads throughout the day and literally reset any given use 24 hours later.

So I was able to just go copy and paste 10 URLs, I copies one through the link obscurer, and 9 through depfile, copied out of the address bar after following the link obscurer to the actual depfile page. All the links copied in to Jdownloader fine, and I could see the depfile pages fine.

I then told JD2 to do the transfer, got the skipped account. Apparently 10 put me back at the limit, because now I can't see any of the pages, and obvious JD2 wasn't able to download any. Unfortunately, I didn't think I was that close to the limit so I didn't grab any of the 24 hour URLs. Also oddly, depfile is saying the limit is 100 URLs to me.
Old 06.06.2016, 15:47
JD Manager

What exactly is limited? Transfer limit or download/download attemps?
Download via Browser still works?
Old 07.06.2016, 02:58
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
What exactly is limited? Transfer limit or download/download attemps?
Download via Browser still works?
Well, depfile calls it a URL limit. Like they will only serve you 100 or 150 URLs per day. But it seems like if I open the URL in a browser, and copy that URL, when JD2 goes to transfer the file, it considers that a seperate URL.

No, downlad via browser fails because it says my account has hit the limit of URLs they will serve for the 24 hour period. It's a sliding window though, not a reset at some specific time. As long as the count of URLs they serve is below the threshold, it'll send you the file. I *think* you can download from that URL as many times as you want in that day and it doesn't penalize you, if you use the 24 hour one, at least that's my theory. Which I think implies I should probably use the 24 hour links instead of the link to the depfile page (I think reloading the page causes a new 24 hour link to be generated and counts as a URL Served).

I was just trying to see if anyone else had validated it. Depfile support has been really difficult to communicate with when trying to understand how their system works.
Thank you!
Old 07.06.2016, 13:49
English Supporter

that's because they probably don't want it known publicly.
They also have download limits, couple months ago
then they introduced captcha to premium mode
think they keep changing / moving the goal posts for what ever reason.

I would recommend people to stay away from depfile, as they do not advertise these restrictions when one goes to purchase premium service.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 07.06.2016, 16:17
JD Manager

To me it looks like opening the url in browser is already counted. JDownloader does not use any account stuff for linkcheck. So only in your browser depfile can count the file and when you actual download the file.
Either contact their support or as raztoki recommended *..stay away from depfile*...
Old 08.06.2016, 04:01
Mega Loader

Fair enough, thank you for taking the time to discuss it with me!
Old 08.06.2016, 10:58
JD Manager

Nothing to thank us for!