JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 08.12.2011, 10:23
English? Eat I can?

Default Nightly shutdown and creation of dlc plugins doesn't work

Hi.

Is there anything i can do to fix these two plug ins(Shutdown & creation of dlc) so it work at jdownloader nightly and windows 7 64bit?
Old 08.12.2011, 10:26
remi

Yes. Use the stable version of jD.

The Nightly version has been a test version but the testing is no longer needed as the bugs in it will never be solved.
Old 08.12.2011, 10:44
English? Eat I can?

Remi that was a VERY FUNNY ANSWER....

Some months ago i use the nightly edition and the support team IT FIX any problems/bugs that nightly edition has so now it has LEAVE the nightly edition i quess it leave even the stable because it work to the new alpha edition but until it comes out the better thing is we can use the nightly edition of the prg and i tell bellow why.

I use the stable but the stable edition is MORE SLOWER, HEAVIER, NO PRACTICAL than the nightly edition so doesn't anyone fix these two plugins so we can use the nightly as the stable.

I believe i am NOT THE ONLY ONE that was annoying with these two problems because it is very useful/practical plugins for the prg.
Old 08.12.2011, 10:56
remi

I don't understand why my answer is so funny. Only plug-ins are fixed, not the other parts of the Nightly version. The programmers want to focus on a new kernel of the program.

If the Nightly version would have been better than the stable version the Nightly would have been upgraded to stable status some time ago, but the Nightly seemed to have more bugs and had less functionality. It became a dead end as well.
Old 08.12.2011, 11:22
Polish Supporter

remi - believe me, I'm using Nightly for almost 2 years and I wouldn't change it for Stable.
It has A LOT MORE functionality than Stable and it's not really dead end... you'll find many features from Nightly in future version.

But there are only a few kernel developers and the new version has completely new one - so it is logical that there is no possibility to fully support all three versions at the same time.
Decision had to be made - Stable and Nightly will only get plugins updates, no big changes in the functionality.
Old 08.12.2011, 12:35
English? Eat I can?

I agree with editestowy that nightly is a lot of BETTER functionality than stable.

The only thing i want is to fixed the shutdown and creation of dlc files and the nightly gonna be perfect.

Is there any chance to fix anyone these two plugins for nightly editions?
Old 08.12.2011, 12:51
remi

@editestowy

Well, that's the first time I read that. I've received other information coming from Jiaz and I assume he's one of the main programmers who knows what the better version is for most of the customers.

It would be completely senseless to have 15 million people use a particular version of a program while another version would be better. If that would be true that would become the joke of the year in my country.
Old 08.12.2011, 14:19
Polish Supporter

@remi

You missed one thing... Nightly is beta version and all its users have to know that its bugs may but also may never be fixed. It was created to test some features for next major stable release.
Also I didn't say - Nightly is better for ALL the users - it's better for ME (however I recommend my friends to use it
These 2 mentioned bugs (shutdown plugin and creating DLC) do not bother me, because I'm not using them. So if anyone needs these functionalities - Stable is the solution.
Old 08.12.2011, 14:28
remi

You're a technical person, I suppose. You know how to backup, you can analyse a log, etc.. That's why you can use it. Most people don't have that technical background and prefer a stable over an experimental version of a program.
Old 08.12.2011, 14:36
English Supporter

I've told you before fits/greg no updates are been made into stable and beta, you will need to wait for the next major update or use stable... You can ask as many times as you want, on what ever medium irc/forum the answer isn't going to change. If you want working features use stable like advised for the last ~1 year, if you want to use nightly just accept those features are not going to work and move on.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 08.12.2011 at 14:40.
Old 08.12.2011, 15:40
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

fits79: As a workaround, you might employ the scheduler to shutdown JD. Sometimes, the Shutdown plugin won't work here, either, but it does in combination with the scheduler. Choose the actions "Stop Downloading" and "Shutdown PC".
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 08.12.2011, 16:44
Polish Supporter

@Think3r

He probably wants to shutdown after all downloads are finished.
Scheduler needs to know when to stop/start but it's impossible to schedule when all the downloads will finish.:biggrin:
Old 08.12.2011, 19:50
English? Eat I can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think3r View Post
fits79: As a workaround, you might employ the scheduler to shutdown JD. Sometimes, the Shutdown plugin won't work here, either, but it does in combination with the scheduler. Choose the actions "Stop Downloading" and "Shutdown PC".
Greetz
The scheduler DOESN'T have shutdown action after all files at the download list is downloaded so...
Old 09.12.2011, 14:42

That's why I said "as a workaround". It's not that comfortable, you have to guess the finishing time. But it's better than nothing.
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 11.12.2011, 16:14
remi

LOL. Is the 'guessing' still so difficult in the Nightly as well? I guess the ETA calculation will be 'swoman' after the major upgrade.
Old 11.12.2011, 16:22
Polish Supporter

@remi
Read my post #12.
Scheduler can't guess ETA.
It's job is to make some tasks at specified time.
So this specific job: shutdown after all finished is not suitable (and I think it never was and never will be) for scheduler but for special plugin.
Old 11.12.2011, 16:35
remi

Did you really think I didn't know that?
Old 11.12.2011, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
LOL. Is the 'guessing' still so difficult in the Nightly as well? I guess the ETA calculation will be 'swoman' after the major upgrade.
It doesn't depend on JD with which speed files will be downloaded but on the hosters. Thus, you can never be sure. Same thing happened to me some days ago, 5 MB have been missing though I let it download half an hour longer than expected...
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 12.12.2011, 13:50
remi

Even with the best ETA calculation algorithm you can't get an accurate worst ETA for a download. This is only possible with enough statistical data. The question is how much data you need to also include the worst case scenarios.

I would rather use an event driven approach. Conceptually much easier to use but apparently very difficult to program in jD.

EDIT by Think3r: Yep!

Last edited by Think3r; 13.12.2011 at 00:42.