JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.05.2018, 23:35
Modem User

Default Download speed drops

Hi. For the past few days (can't tell for sure when this started) i've been experiencing drops in my download speed after a couple of minutes (sometimes less than that).

Never had this problem before and i'm not sure what's happening. I mostly download using the real-debrid plugin and my speed is maxed out from the start (23MBps) it now suddenly drops to around 1MBps and stays throttled at that speed. I tried to increase and decrease the maximum number of parts per download but it doesn't help.

Stopping and restarting the downloads brings the speed back up for some time but doing so sometimes corrupts the files and is not optimal because i need to constantly keep checking jd.

Can you help me out?

30.05.18 21.15.58 <--> 30.05.18 21.33.32 jdlog://3389854433151/

Edit: Further testing indicates that this might be related to real-debrid, not sure if it's because of the api or the plugin itself, but i tried to download some mega.nz hosted files using the premium account the download starts at 23MBps and drops to 3-4 MBps after about 2 minutes, downloading the same files deactivating premium accounts it stays at 23MBps until the end of the download...

Last edited by Nysalie; 31.05.2018 at 00:08.
Old 01.06.2018, 12:51
JD Manager

JDownloader downloads as fast as possible that your setup/connection allows.
What you describe might be caused by firewall/av as they buffer the download first and then switch to live transport later on. And the larger buffer at the beginning results in higher download speed and then slows down to actual download speed.

You should check speed with browser and use the windows taskmanager (network tab) to compare speed. Also make sure max connections is set to 1 if you want to compare with browser.
Sounds like real-debrid issue to me. Can you reproduce the issue with other hosts?
for example this file http://cdn8.appwork.org/speed.zip

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.06.2018 at 15:09.
Old 02.06.2018, 22:34
Modem User

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense for the sudden drop in speed. I couldn't download the file you suggested as the server seems to be down for me right now but will try it again later. As i mentioned previously on my edit, jdownloader is downloading fine if it's not using the rd account.

Just to test things out i tried the rd plugin for my browser, tried to unrestrict/download a file hosted on uploaded.to and got the same speed i get in jdownloader (a pathetic value of around 160KB/s...), windows resource monitor also indicates that this is indeed the actual speed. I'm getting the same problem with other hosts available from rd as well. I guess i'll have to ask them for a solution. I just find this strange because i haven't changed my security recently (using windows defender+malwarebytes for quite some time now) been a rd member since 2014 and never experienced this kind of trouble. I'll try to keep you updated on the subject, as someone might experience the same issues but i guess for now you can lock the thread.
Old 04.06.2018, 15:12
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry about wrong link I gave you, I just fixed the example link (non https).

Speed can also be heavily influenced by ISP/routings that you can't change.
It also may be buggy/overloaded server. I'm sure the rd support will be able to help you with this, for example provide speed tests links from their servers. I'll mark this thread as solved as it is not caused by JDownloader, not limited to JDownloader.

Would be nice if you provide feedback once the cause is known/issue got solved.
Old 05.06.2018, 21:56
Modem User

No problem, the link works now and the download speed is fine as well.

I did use RD's forum to ask for help and it proved to be a huge mistake. After explaining my case, the admin provided a few test links and mentioned that there shouldn't be any problems downloading them, and indeed there weren't, most of the links maxed out my connection, however the problem was still there, 3 other users reported similar issues (not sure if the root of the problem is the same). Since the admin didn't reply I took some screenshots with network activity graphs to provide a more detailed feedback. Here are the images in case you want to take a look of the problem. This resulted in my thread being deleted and me getting banned from the forum...They simply just ignored the whole problem without any warning or explanation. Extremely dissatisfied with their customer support.

Anyway sorry for the rant, i'm just trying to bring you up to date on the subject. And you are right, i'm starting to believe that this is caused by my ISP on RD's servers ip, it's just a guess and I don't know how I can be 100% certain about it but i'll try to download some files on another machine/ip address and see if the issue still remains. Contacting my isp will be another headache...

Thanks for the support, really appreciate it. I'll try to keep you guys posted on this, it's clearly not related to jDownloader but someone might be struggling as well and it might guide them.
Old 06.06.2018, 10:27
JD Manager

I don't think that your ISP will be able to do much about that because often it is caused by connection of server and interconnections and routings. your ISP can only do something if there is a problem with your ISP but in case RD server has overloaded/bad routings to you, then neither your ISP can do something about it and RD would have to spend more money on better connections
Old 06.06.2018, 11:46
Modem User

Hm, networks on the more technical stuff are beyond me but i find it very strange how it suddenly started to behave like this, it has been working flawlessly for the past 4 years.

I contacted RD support through their ticket system to try to get some help, they already sent me the automated reply with the test files they previously suggested on the forum thread. I'm not sure where this is going, and to be honest my expectations to fix this are very low but maybe with some luck it'll return to normal.

Thanks for the tips.

EDIT: Just a quick update. After messaging RD team they were able to fix the problem. Not sure what caused it as they didn't give me any specific details but everything is back to normal now. I suggest that, if anyone is experiencing similar issues, contact the support team directly through their ticket system.

Last edited by Nysalie; 07.06.2018 at 05:57.