JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.05.2021, 12:04
DSL User

Default jDownloader is "pausing" for a few seconds after every downloaded file

I wanted to download 4380 mp3 files from **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
So I started download them in jDownloader but I noticed one weird thing. After every downloaded file it's status would change to "Started" even though it 100% downloaded and jDownloader would do nothing for 5-6 seconds and task manager would show that it used one thread to 100%. After those few seconds that file is changed to Finished, starts next file, downloads it and same thing would happen. Using Process Monitor I noticed that it created downloadList******.zip after every download.
I have Ryzen 5 3600 so it's pretty powerfull. Can you optimize it somehow? I don;'t know, use all avaliable threads to compress download list? Or don't compress it at all? Zip file is 1,7MB but files in it occupy 2,48MB and I see it's js/json. Why not just use one file big instead? And don't compress it.
Old 31.05.2021, 15:22
JD Manager

Please provide a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here
Please create the log when this *pausing* happens.

How many links do you have in list? just those 4380 files?
How fast are you downloading? how many concurrent downloads? check max downloads

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.05.2021 at 15:26.
Old 01.06.2021, 23:56
DSL User

01.06.21 22.37.22 <--> 01.06.21 22.42.24 jdlog://2382825302851/

I also recorded video to show you this, it here: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

And to answer you questions:
- Just those 4380 files
- I have 500 Mbit/s (~61 MB/s)
- I experiment with number of chunks and concurent downloads, currenty I have 1 chunk, max 20 simultaneus downloads and max 1 download per hoster

If I increase max downloads per hoster then I still have those pauses but I can download more files between them, see video: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 02.06.2021, 14:39
JD Manager

Please create a log when this high CPU usage + *do nothing for 5-6 seconds* happens. The log was made when no downloads were running.
Old 02.06.2021, 14:41
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzichu476 View Post
- I experiment with number of chunks and concurent downloads, currenty I have 1 chunk, max 20 simultaneus downloads and max 1 download per hoster
Sounds like this known issue
You've set 20 simultaneus downloads but restrict to 1 per hoster and in your case all come from same hoster. This lead to a cpu hog where JDownloader tries to find the next possible download but doesn't find any and looping = high CPU.
can you please try
can you set max downloads also to 1
or
max downloads to higher value but same value as download per hoster
Old 02.06.2021, 18:57
DSL User

That log was created after I downloaded few files. But never mind that, you are right, this is that issue you linked. After I changed max simultaneous downloads to 1 it doesn't *pause* and starts next file right away.
Old 02.06.2021, 19:55
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdzichu476 View Post
That log was created after I downloaded few files. But never mind that, you are right, this is that issue you linked. After I changed max simultaneous downloads to 1 it doesn't *pause* and starts next file right away.
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to reproduce the issue with your example link (good test case)and I'm sure that I will be able to find/fix the cause!