Closed Thread

Old 26.06.2010, 14:08
cleftangels

plugin out of date error
Old 26.06.2010, 17:51
bedantaguru

pls do something.
I am facing the same for last 1 month.
At least let me know how the plug in for mediafire works and let me to contribute something.
Or make JD such that we can update Hostler Plug in Manually for each hosts.
Or any Script support.
when the annoying massage
" plugin out of date error "
will DIEee
Old 26.06.2010, 18:04
dudle

MediaFire broken again. I'm running 11793 (nightly).

Without premium account it says "plugin outdated". With premium account it says "hoster problem?"

Please take a look at this =(
Old 27.06.2010, 10:31
remi

To those who want to contribute code to jD, please have a look at jD's developers page and "First Developer Steps".
You can contact the developers with support@jdownloader.org

The more developers, the easier it is to fight against MF, because they've to spend money changing their page and volunteers do it for free and can beat that monster.

Last edited by remi; 27.06.2010 at 10:37. Reason: added first steps
Old 27.06.2010, 16:28
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedantaguru View Post
contribute something.
Or make JD such that we can update Hostler Plug in Manually for each hosts.
You can do that already.
Learn some java and do it.
I am also no expert in java but i can fix/make hoster/decrypterplugins!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.06.2010, 21:54
MediaFire

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
The more developers, the easier it is to fight against MF, because they've to spend money changing their page and volunteers do it for free and can beat that monster.
Fight against MF? HAHAH, your goal is to manipulate MediaFire services and steal bandwidth. We are hardly the monster, JDownloader is leaching from us, not the other way around.

What a joke, its not exactly an altruistic endeavor your involved in so why don't you at least call it what it is, a very good Leeching tool.

We haven't made any changes recently to prevent JDownloader from working so any fail your tool is having isn't even related to us.

Last edited by MediaFire; 27.06.2010 at 21:56.
Old 28.06.2010, 11:09
auron777

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaFire View Post
Fight against MF? HAHAH, your goal is to manipulate MediaFire services and steal bandwidth. We are hardly the monster, JDownloader is leaching from us, not the other way around.

What a joke, its not exactly an altruistic endeavor your involved in so why don't you at least call it what it is, a very good Leeching tool.

We haven't made any changes recently to prevent JDownloader from working so any fail your tool is having isn't even related to us.
LOL @ MediaFire
well, the man said it himself. no changes at MF (i don't know if he just bluffin or not)
so, psp? remi?
Old 28.06.2010, 12:51
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaFire View Post

I'm honoured you're communicating openly in this forum and I'm glad I contributed to this. You had a good site for freeloaders like me (I've said before that you were the best) and I'll just wait how things go and check whether you're lying or not. At the moment I've no MF links to download and I'm downloading from your big competitors (RS, MU, HF).

As I'm not a native speaker of English, the term "monster" might have sounded too harsh, but what I really meant is that jD should tame the wild "beast". I'll clarify that in a minute.

No, it's not an altruistic endeavour I'm in and I hate that term, because Hitler, Stalin and other power elites use that term too in order to establish and increase their power by letting believe the people that altruism is a good cause. Deny your self-interests in favour of the interests of others (the state, the government, the Mafia, the church, etc.).

To me, it's just fun to find the holes in business models. There are thousands of file hosts with similar business models and that makes it very interesting. After years of research I finally found an example of a more or less functioning free market.

The great creators of jD (and other less successful tools) have realised this business potential. jD is extremely good at automating downloading from hosts like yours.

I assume this level of automation will only increase, because computers are becoming more and more intelligent. I give you one absurd example of an obstacle you might create. If MF would show a chess puzzle for people to solve, jD would react by integrating an interface for solving chess puzzles automatically.
In other words, the more you do to make downloading more difficult for people, the easier jD will make it and in particular those people who don't know anything about chess.
Hosts like HF that use reCaptcha (but I haven't seen them in weeks of downloading from them) make it nearly impossible for people with bad eyes, to download from their site. This is called discrimination and blind people should sue HF.

jD can only become more important. It's a race you (the file hosts) can never win because the only cost of jD's creative, volunteer developers is time (delays).

As long as you don't change your business model considerably (and that's unlikely considering the free market you're in), jD will at the one hand provide premium account payers to you (usually people who really want to download a lot from your host) and at the other hand let free downloaders use the free slots ('free' loaders that usually download from many sites at once). I'm sure you already understood this economic reality or I'm glad I explained it to you.

jD is based on your business model. If leeching has a negative connotation to you, then it's your own fault. Leeching in the torrent world has been solved by the introduction of private trackers and share ratios. You seem to be insinuating that automating downloads from your site is illegal. Well, it's certainly not. It can also provide you more premium customers.

If there is more at stake here (for instance that in a private capitalist economy model free markets die quickly and are replaced by monopolies, state-controlled capitalism or cartels), please clarify the issues and we can continue this interesting business discussion.

Disclaimer : I'm only a simple customer and I'm not speaking as a representative of jD. In these discussions I'll always try to stay as neutral, independent and objective as possible.
Old 28.06.2010, 21:07
pauldmps

Talking

Great speech (I mean post) Remi !:biggrin:

By the way, are you a politician or something ?:whistling:

Quote:
It's a race you (the file hosts) can never win because the only cost of jD's creative, volunteer developers is time (delays).
Yes! that's 100% true
Old 28.06.2010, 21:36
dudle

If MediaFire is really someone from the mediafire.com team, I don't get the point on that file hosting service not helping the JDownloader team to give back support to pro accounts.

Hey MediaFire.com, how hard is to understand that you have some customers like me that wants to downloads from you with MediaPro accounts without being a clicking monkey? Even with the new "Direct/Hot Linking" feature I still need a software to queue my files!
Old 28.06.2010, 22:16
dbgetblack

whats the matter? be cool plz!
MF is supporting not only JD but many others ddl-manager too as a free member....
(and i cant name them here!)

now WHY JD is not supporing MF is not kinda MF's problem... it's JD's problem i think.

(coz i STILL can ddl from MF via other ddl-manager.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post

u want to fight??:w00t::w00t:
niceeeeee!!

so why not start with the one,who "killed" the MF plug-in while making an update!???

Last edited by drbits; 29.06.2010 at 10:22. Reason: double post
Old 28.06.2010, 23:19
myoriginalname

I think I'm having the same issue as everyone else on here, anyways..

-Log file:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/5321
-Testlink:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
-Bug Description
Mediafire plugin "out of date" error message.
JD 0.9.579
Java Version 6 Update 20
Old 29.06.2010, 10:26
JD English Support (inactive)

Moderator's Note:

Please take the Politics and Name Calling (ad homonym) to the General Discussion forum

Otherwise, the "debate" will be moved or deleted.
Old 29.06.2010, 10:35
JD Manager

pm me the name of other downloadmanagers that still work. im interested in them, cause adding the final downloadlink does also work in jd. but with jd you dont have to visit mediafire page and get final link and then add to manager, you directly add the link you can find in www to jd.

we will add api support once the pw support is added to api.
Old 29.06.2010, 11:28
dbgetblack

Quote:
pm me the name of other downloadmanagers that still work. im interested in them, cause adding the final downloadlink does also work in jd. but with jd you dont have to visit mediafire page and get final link and then add to manager, you directly add the link you can find in www to jd.

link sended.

*again back to waiting when JD 'll finish it's MF plug-in!!
i know.i know.. waiting is everything!:P*
Old 29.06.2010, 12:59
remi

Cool

Quote:

Mipony, according to a post I read in these forums. I've not tested the tool, but you'll certainly understand why it works. At this level, they're now a step ahead of jD.

Sorry, but I prefer transparency over PMing.

Last edited by remi; 29.06.2010 at 13:02.
Old 29.06.2010, 13:11
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldmps View Post
By the way, are you a politician or something ?:whistling:
Yes, I'm the President, Prime-minster, Army General, Admiral (but unfortunately our sea evaporated), King (but I'm still looking for a beautiful Queen), and Rabbi-pope of Absurdistan and surprisingly, I'm not corrupt.

Ahh, I forgot to mention I'm also president of the national philatelic association, but I bribed some of the council members.

Disclaimer : This post is off-topic; censorship agents can remove it when they want to waste their time.
Old 29.06.2010, 13:31
kartikoli

problem already under discussion so not wasting any 1 time
Old 01.07.2010, 03:41
MediaFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudle View Post
Hey MediaFire.com, how hard is to understand that you have some customers like me that wants to downloads from you with MediaPro accounts without being a clicking monkey? Even with the new "Direct/Hot Linking" feature I still need a software to queue my files!
Not hard at all, JDownloader has your back in that regard. They have been waiting on us to fix a bug which has now been fixed. Hopefully you will have your support soon for your premium downloads.
Old 01.07.2010, 07:52
BugMeNot Account

Exclamation Error Mediafire:out of date

Can't download anyfile of mediafire server, it always shows notice "out of date". This error appeared 2 months ago.

Thanks for your reading!
I hope it is fixed asap.

Last edited by Jiaz; 01.07.2010 at 09:46.
Closed Thread