JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.10.2010, 08:17
memzinla

Default JDownloaded deteled files after finished downloading?

JDownloaded has been acting up. I have been downloading big files and it just deletes them. This is so frustrating. I wasted so many hours. JDownloaded has them listed as downloaded but when I go to the download folder they aren't there. I double click the file to see where it saved to but it's not there. When the files finished downloading it turned gray meaning it was disabled. I enabled them and it shows it as downloaded. It has the green check mark but the files aren't anywhere. I'm on a Mac. Did they download or what happened?

I'm running version 0.9.580
Old 12.10.2010, 08:26
JD English Support (inactive)

Please check your JDownloader settings. Make sure you have turned off "Delete after download" and "Delete archive and parts after unrar".

Read the Rules

Posting problems in General Discussion is not appropriate, because if the support people are very busy, we might not see your post. If you had read the rules or the Self Help Index you would know that this post belongs in General Bugreport.

Because you did not supply even minimal information, I cannot help you (I want to, but I cannot). Read the General Bugreport rules and supply the required information.
Old 27.10.2010, 17:27
CameronPoe

I know what's the problem
I had exactly the same issue with JDownloader on Linux
Since version 0.9.580 when you are downloading a file from one server host and you have the same file (interchangeable) on the list but from a different host and if you even just do 'delete from the list' the second one it will delete the first file completely from your hard drive!!!
Confused JD continues downloading the file but it's not there anymore and when download is finished it marks it with the green check sign and disables in gray color as well.
So from now on you never delete interchangeable links even if it's just from the list. You have to wait until the first download is completed and then you can erase the rest interchangeable links

Last edited by CameronPoe; 27.10.2010 at 17:34.
Old 28.10.2010, 05:31
JD English Support (inactive)

@ CameronPoe and memzinla,

This is not the first time I have seen this reported. Unfortunately, this does not show in the Log.

I need some sample links for which this has has happened, so that the developers can fix it.

Let me see if I understand this:
1) You have multiple links that write to the same path and file name.
1a) What are your setting for Settings -> Downloads & Connections -> Download Control:
Remove Finished downloads?
If the file already exists?
2) The files are true mirrors (the same length and same exact contents).
3) You download one of the links.
4) You delete one of the mirror links (not the link that downloaded), because you do not need the mirror link now.
5) Deleting the mirror link also deletes the file from disk, even though you only told JD to delete the link, not the file.
6) This started with the update from 9579 to 9580

---------------------

Temporary Solution

Instead of deleting useless links, disable them until you are finished with the package. I know this seems like a waste and it can slow JD slightly, but it is what you have to do until this is fixed.
Old 20.11.2010, 14:26
CameronPoe

Default reply

Basically, if you try download these two interchangeable links:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
one of them will deactivate because you are already downloading the other one, and if you delete from the list deactivated link or just restart this deactivated link from the right-click menu while downloading the other link it will delete the part file that is downloaded even if you didn't do anything with the active link witch actually shows that the file is being downloaded but it is not there anymore in the 'downloaded' catalog. It probably happened since the change to version 0.9.580 because this problem never occurred for me before that change.
Old 21.11.2010, 13:42
remi

Never delete mirror links when one of them is already downloading. Just Disable the links that you don't want to download or exclude them in the Linkgrabber before you put them in the download queue.