JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 21.08.2017, 01:34
Bandwidth Beast

Default Info Bar: suggestions

I've been using this feature lately, and it's really very useful. Much better than copying links individually. I have some feedback on it:

1) Add an option to decrease its size (make it a small square)
There should be an option to shrink the bar to the size of a small square. Many other download managers have a dropzone like that. It's non-intrusive and can be kept always on top without disrupting the browser.

2) Remove thumbnails from the Linkgrabber
When drag and dropping a link that's embedded on a thumbnail, JD2 will add both the link AND the image of the thumbnail to the Linkgrabber. In almost every case, I would only want to add the link, not the thumbnail.

3) Add Info Bar toggle to the taskbar icon; and
4) Double clicking the Info Bar opens JD2's window.
Some minor quality of life improvements.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

EDIT: oops, wrong board. Can you move this to JD2 support board? Thanks.

Last edited by GreenXIII; 21.08.2017 at 01:49.
Old 21.08.2017, 17:42
JD Manager

1.) and 4.)

3.)

2.) a JDownloader plugin is required. a generic solution is not possible because JDownloader cannot know what two images show the same content. Please provide example links and we can check/add plugin support for them
Old 21.08.2017, 20:34
Bandwidth Beast

Say I'm browsing **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** or **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
If I try to drag and drop one of those thumbnails into the Infor bar, I get the link to the full-size image, but also the link to the thumbnail, which is undesirable.

E.g. if I add **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** by dragging its thumbnail from the main page into the Info Bar, I also get **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** (which is its thumbnail)

If I add **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** by dragging its thumbnail from the main page (or from a search page, or artist's gallery) into the Info Bar, I also get **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** (which is its thumbnail)
Also, if I go to the picture's page (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**) and drag the sample picture into the Info Bar, I get the link to the full size image (which is the page itself) but I also get the link to the sample picture, which is **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I've experienced the same issue with **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
For **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** I also get
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

That doesn't happen on **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** though. If I drag any of the thumbnails on the main page, I only get the link to the full-size picture (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** for example)

I've been circumventing this issue with filters, but I think the simplest solution is this: if I drag an image WITH a link into the Info Bar, I should only get the link, not the picture. If I drag an image with NO link, it means I want to download it. Is it possible to implement it this way?

Last edited by GreenXIII; 21.08.2017 at 20:37.
Old 22.08.2017, 12:07
JD Manager

I'm sorry but what this doesn't work.
When you drag the thumbnail, the drag will contain (depending on browser) only the image url itself or the html around the image.

It works fine for hentai-foundry because the image that is shown in browser is the exact image that is available in source. Only one link is added to JDownloader

but for all other examples the image in browser is a thumbnail and there exists a larger one in source. 2-x links are added to JDownloader.

the provided links are all supported by plugins but you have to add the tab(post) url and NOT the thumbnail url!
Old 22.08.2017, 12:09
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenXIII View Post
if I drag an image WITH a link into the Info Bar, I should only get the link, not the picture. If I drag an image with NO link, it means I want to download it. Is it possible to implement it this way?
There is no difference. Image with a link is html with two links and image with no link is html with only one link or two but same links. JDownloader cannot know which one is the one you are interested in.
Old 22.08.2017, 12:14
JD Manager

What browser do you use? I will try to find a simple workaround/solution
Old 23.08.2017, 03:56
Bandwidth Beast

I use chrome.

Previously, I used Firefox with a plugin called Drag'n'Dropzones. It creates a dropzone that copies the URL when you drag something into it. Since JD2 monitors de clipboard, the link is added to Linkgrabber.

The difference is that it added only the link and not the thumbnail picture. But it did have two different dropzones: one to "Copy link" and another to "Copy image URL". I guess that's why it didn't copy both the link AND the thumbnail.