JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > Reconnect

Old 26.03.2012, 17:40
Seth

Default Thomson TWG 870 UG - Mac "reconnect"

Hey,

i have a static ip (Provider Upc Austria) and i'd need a script so i get a new ip.

I read that it's possible to assign a random mac adress to the router and it has the same effect as a "ip Reconnect".

Would be great if you can help me out.

I switched Provider my Internet is 20 times faster now but i dont get a new ip ;(

Kind regards
Seth
Old 26.03.2012, 19:12
Freeloader

It will work only with some ISPs, first try changing it manually through the router interface, thats if of course if the router has mac cloning feature.

With most of the new gen router models theres a mac clone feature in the router interface which lets you change the default mac address of the router.

Before changing the mac please memorize the default mac address as changing the default mac address might also kill the internet connection for good, and by reverting back to the default mac address you will have your internet running again.
Old 27.03.2012, 10:27
Seth

Ok i will look for that feature in the router settings and try it out when i'm home.

Thank you

EDIT:

I can't change my routers mac adress.

Am i right that there is no other way than buying a router which aloows to change the mac adress?

If so can you recommend one? (has to have wlan routing too)

Best Regards
Seth

Last edited by Seth; 27.03.2012 at 17:35.
Old 28.03.2012, 02:09
Freeloader

then try changing the machines mac address, there are some tools on the internet which simplify the change of machine mac (network adapter), this can also be done through the operating system too. The mac changing of the network adapter will work only if the ISP tracks the network adapter mac address to deliver you the internet connection.

Once again memorize the default mac address of the network adapter too because if the custom mac fails you will have to revert back to the default mac address.

Is this a cable internet connection ? Mac address changin will work only with cable connections. Thats why I ask.

Last edited by Freeloader; 28.03.2012 at 02:13.
Old 28.03.2012, 10:16
Seth

Ye it's cable.

I'll try it out when i'm home again.

I thougt the router hides the networks-card mac adress.

EDIT:

If i change the lan adapters mac adress it freezes and i can't activate until i set it to default value again.

Last edited by Seth; 29.03.2012 at 17:25.
Old 29.03.2012, 17:44
Freeloader

please dont edit, just reply as it makes it easier to track threads. What freezes ?
Old 30.03.2012, 07:47
Edna236
Message deleted by Freeloader. Reason: bot
Old 03.04.2012, 19:04
Seth

ah ok no more editing then

well the menu where i set a mac adress

Old 04.04.2012, 17:28
Freeloader

try external programs like technitium technitium.com/tmac/index.html, the menu shouldnt freeze, if the menu is freezing your system is unstable.
Old 30.04.2012, 16:45
Seth

I changed the mac adress of my network adapter with that program and torned the router on and off, but my ip stays the same.
As i can tell it seems, that my isp checks the router's mac adress.
Should i buy a router where i can change the mac adress?
Can u recommend one for the use with jdownloader?
Best regards.
Old 13.05.2012, 02:48
Freeloader

sorry for the late reply Seth, been busy lately. I would avoid this little invesment of yours as we do now know if you can receive a new IP by changing mac of router.

Instead of buying a router with mac cloning feature, Id recommend you to conact your ISP and tell them that youre interested in dynamic IP service.