Mrx

Default No permissions to write to harddisk

Hi
why i get his error?
Attached Thumbnails
nop.jpg  
Old 12.06.2011, 08:03
remi

If you get "No permissions to write to hard disk", please, read about connection problems and their solutions.
Old 15.06.2011, 16:14
Mrx

i don't know why you set this thread to solved
noting is solved
i still get those errors & i read your post at the link you gave...
i used other downloaders & no downloader ever gave me those strage errors
Old 15.06.2011, 16:15
Community Manager

So there is no firewall installed which could block JD?

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.06.2011, 21:42
pmshah

I too get these error messages. Where is the question of firewall blocking if another file is being written to the very same folder?

FileSonic recommends your software but I have had such a nasty experience having to download as much as 3.5 gb to get a file that is only 1.8 gb. Of course the file was in segments of 400 mb. And yes a number of them were corrupted (starting part showing FileSonic webpage then continuing on with binary data). A number of them had to be abandoned half way.

Quite a few had the response "File not found" halfway in the download whereas the Filesonic site checked them and responded as "Available".
Old 15.06.2011, 21:58
Mrx

i have a firewall but JD is allowed...i'm downloading files.
but every day a few files get this error. i set connections in JD to 1...
very strange. other downloaders never gave me this problem.
Old 15.06.2011, 23:44
Freeloader

You still haven't told us about your virus software we are still waiting. Youre supposed to allow java and javaw executable files through firewall.
Old 16.06.2011, 01:03
Mrx

but yes i allowed them in my firewall
for antivirus i have the microsoft antivirus
Old 16.06.2011, 02:36
Freeloader

and are you sure jdownloader is downloading the file with 1-2 connections > create a log file so we can see whats actually going on. Also make sure your virus software doesn't have extra modules like web scanner (link scanner) built in. These web scanners are also known to cause issues with java.

One last thing to do is > give a static IP to your machine through tcp/Ip protocol as your routers dhcp might be assigning a new Ip address to your machine periodically, this can also cause no permissions errors.
Old 16.06.2011, 02:37
Freeloader

If you still cant figure it out find me through jdownloader support chat.
Old 16.06.2011, 08:53
remi

@Mrx

Recommendations 4) and 5) of my post #2 are guaranteed to work when jD is blocked. You don't need a firewall on your PC when you've one in your router.
Old 16.06.2011, 08:57
Fede

My experience. Had this same error message in Windows 7. In my case it had nothing to do with firewall/antivirus settings. As the message says, it is a permission issue.

Reason (in my case): Quota was enabled for partition by default where you have the download folder of JDownloader.

Solution: disable Quota and permit any user to full the partition.

My scenario: I had a separate partition for data, so I can format OS partition without backup data to external media. Download folder was in the second partition. I started to receive this error. Not only in JD. For example, if I tried to copy a big folder (40 GB+) from another machine connected to my router I get an error message (I do not remember exact words now and my Windows is not in English). Both problems (copy big files and JD HDD permission error) where solved by disabling quota.

To disable Quota for a partition:

Go to My PC (it is not called My PC in Win 7, maybe Machine or Computer, I don't sure how it is called in english version).

Right click the partition letter (D in my case) and click in Properties.

Go to Quota Tab. Click Show Quota Settings button.

I do not remember exactly the layout of this dialog, but I remember that disable Quota is as simple as uncheck a check box. Sorry, I'm not in my Windows 7 machine now and I cannot take a look at the dialog layout.

Hope I have been of some help.

Edit: sorry, I remember something now. Actually truly allow users to full a partition is a bit tricky. Forget about uncheck the check box saying something like "Enable quota management". To really allow any user to full the partition you have to CHECK "Enable quota management" (yes, it is a bit contradictory). Then make sure that "Deny disk space to users..." is NOT checked and that "Do not limit disk usage" IS checked. Off course you can realize all this by yourself at looking at the dialog but this will save time to other people.

Found this image from a tutorial teaching how to enable disk quota but I edited the check boxes to be as it must be to effectively disable disk quota. If you still get the HDD permission error try it, you always can enable quota again.

Last edited by Fede; 16.06.2011 at 09:28. Reason: Add more info and an image
Old 16.06.2011, 13:27
Community Manager

Guys please report back if Fede's suggestion works for you!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 21.06.2011, 14:49
Mrx

N o t h i n g h e l p e d !!! :(
Old 22.06.2011, 09:11
remi

If you've applied all recommendations (including the removal of your virus and firewall) as referred to in my post #2, please provide a complete and detailed log.
Old 23.06.2011, 00:29
Mrx

remi be serious
this is your solution?
remove the anti virus & fire wall?
i would expect microsoft for an idea like that... maybe even format your pc & windows will work...

i did everything here except removing these.
this is not a serious idea.
it's like telling a person install linux & you will not have problems anymore.

this is a program for windows & suppose to work in a normal enviroment.
a normal enviroment for these days is a pc with antivirus & firewll.
a more normal idea is that the makers of the program will make it work in a normal enviroment rather the user will cripple his machine for JD
Old 23.06.2011, 00:44
Freeloader

Virus programs cant handle java downloader .> so this is their problem not JAVAs < and u can not expect java downloader to analyze the behavior of all existing virus software and hack into the virus software modules anyway > maybe a warning system could be implemented but you would still have to disable (or configure) the virus program module manually anyway.

Remis solution is simple remove it and test it without the virus program then ull know if its the virus program causing the problem. If its the virus software then u can reinstall and configure it.
Old 23.06.2011, 08:12
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrx View Post
remi be serious
this is your solution?
remove the anti virus & fire wall?
i would expect microsoft for an idea like that...

i did everything here except removing these.
this is not a serious idea.
I'm very serious about this. Viruses don't belong on computers. You don't need a firewall if you've one in your router.

Quote:
it's like telling a person install linux & you will not have problems anymore.
Linux and Mac OS customers might be smarter because they usually don't run viruses. Those that do probably were terrorised before by using Windoze.

Quote:
this is a program for windows & suppose to work in a normal enviroment.
a normal enviroment for these days is a pc with antivirus & firewll.
a more normal idea is that the makers of the program will make it work in a normal enviroment rather the user will cripple his machine for JD
An OS that needs a virus isn't a normal environment. I run XP without any virus. If you want to cripple your machine by running a virus than that's your choice.

If you feel scared when using your OS without a virus you can always re-install the virus after you're convinced that the virus prevented you from running jD.
Old 09.07.2011, 15:43
moustasch1

I'm having this same problem. I've been using JD for several months and never had any problem downloading any files before. I download all of the updates whenever it asks for them also. Just within the last week or so I'm having a problem with Fileserve downloads. I can be downloading from 5 different services at once but only Fileserve tells me I have "no permissions to download to hard drive". What's funny is that it starts downloading fine for about 5mb and then shuts down the link with that message. This happened for about 3 days and then I downloaded the latest updates to JD and it fixed itself...for 1 day, then started again.

Last edited by moustasch1; 09.07.2011 at 15:46. Reason: Adding further explanation
Old 09.07.2011, 16:18
JD Alpha

I have the same problem with fileserve files, megaupload files work..."funny"...

Maybe host at fault....
Old 10.07.2011, 08:54
remi

What about some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Old 11.07.2011, 04:29
JD Alpha

Sorry Sir i'm a hot headed guy, with also a flexible mind. I shifted my interest into netload and even more megaupload cause they are uberfriendly for free users

So no can do anymore sry