JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 16.09.2010, 02:20
kchiewtrc1

Default Synthetica Black Eye theme - difficult to read text

Hi, since the most recent update is on fixes of the Synthetica themes, I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I like the Synthetica Black Eye theme a lot, but unfortunately some of the text colours should be changed: The panel just above the bottommost bar has got black fonts on dark background; in the main window, when a package is expanded and have individual files selected, the blue highlight only highlights the Filename but not the rest of the details, thus hiding the Host and Status details. Hope it will be fixed soon, thanks.
Old 22.09.2011, 02:34
Fibre Channel User

Arrow Synthetica Black Eye Interface Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchiewtrc1 View Post
Hi, since the most recent update is on fixes of the Synthetica themes, I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I like the Synthetica Black Eye theme a lot, but unfortunately some of the text colours should be changed: The panel just above the bottommost bar has got black fonts on dark background; in the main window, when a package is expanded and have individual files selected, the blue highlight only highlights the Filename but not the rest of the details, thus hiding the Host and Status details. Hope it will be fixed soon, thanks.
Indeed.

Synthetica Black Eye is my preferred theme also. It looks so cool and easy on the eyes (in terms of strain-level/not too bright colors) that sometimes it's hard to believe it's a Java interface we're dealing with here.

It doesn't get more cool than this...

I see a lot of other problems with Black Eye too, although I could fix some of them myself (See Picture below)

Since I was already going to try and fix some color-related problems with the theme, I thought I would also fix some small things I found "not-so-good" in the interface.

What I DID FIX:

1 - Number ONE!! (with much emphasis) is that horrible "candy cane" Progress Bars (what am I? seven years old now? no candy cane for me, please). I changed it for a non-animated (the animation annoyed me also), much less bright Red Progress Bar.
(I could have tried to copy the progress bar used by some other theme instead of having made all 8 graphs from the Progress Bar look exactly the same, but I wasn't in the mood for that)

2 - The Bright Blue highlights are just too bright for my taste (it didn't match the theme at all), I changed it to a more mild "red-ish" color.

3 - The DISABLED items somehow, in my system here (in the original Black Eye) has the exact same color for the fonts and the background when both "disabled and deselected", so you ended up not seeing any text while items where in this condition. I couldn't find the right place to change the disabled background, as much as I tried, so I resorted to changing the disabled font to a mild/light blue instead. It's not ideal but it works.

4 - I did update the Source for all the changes made with the more current version of Black Eye, v2.9.8 (06/24/2011).

What I DIDN'T FIX:

5 - The problem that arises when you select any line, and both "HOSTS" and "STATUS" columns do not change the background to it's Highlighted color (and then you can barely see the text).

6 - The colors on the bottom status panel (on download tab) could indeed change it's color to the same color normal items in the list have.

7 - The Text color of the Font used in the "SpeedMeter" Graph should be changed and it's style should be bold to make it more visible than what it is now. (see fig. in 1)

COMPARING both MODIFIED (top) and ORIGINAL (bottom) Schemes:

I'm not sure yet exactly how I'm gonna prevent the Modified syntheticaBlackEye.jar from being constantly updated by jDownloader (maybe change it's name?).

If you wanna test this modification yourself, just grab it in the attachment below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip syntheticaBlackEyeModified.zip (170.4 KB, 791 views)
Old 22.09.2011, 04:06
Fibre Channel User

Wink "UPDATING" the modified Synthetica theme

Well...

I've just read a bunch of older (very much so) posts about the Synthetica Black Eye and it's problems and it looks there won't be much support for it anytime soon (which is quite understandable).

So, the only solution I see is for us to really edit the theme and deal with the constant "(x updates are available)" message. The key is to always ignore it when the number is only equal to 1 (or the number of synthetica packages you're edited/updated).

Whenever you've got new updates for JDownloader (other than the modified theme), just let the program "update" the file and replace it again right afterwards. I'll use a Command file to do that for me automatically.

I've put some extra lines in my "jacinfo.xml" Renamer (for activate/deactivate CaptchaTrader), but you might create an extra .cmd (or .bat) file just for this purpose:
Code:
C:
cd "C:\Programs\jDownloader\libs\laf\"
"C:\Programs\jDownloader\tools\Windows\unrarw32\unrar.exe" e -o+ -y C:\Programs\jDownloader\libs\laf\syntheticaBlackEyeModified.rar C:\Programs\jDownloader\libs\laf\
pause
I'll keep on working on my Modified Version and I'll post it here whenever I have a better version, if anyone is interested.
Old 20.11.2011, 23:31
DSL User

Would it be possible to include the modification ?
Maybe into another "fork" name ?
Old 21.11.2011, 10:43
remi

That's always possible as long as you find people who're willing to do it. jD is open source.
Old 21.11.2011, 11:28
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

If you want to join the DEV-Team, please contact us at support@jdownloader.org or visit us at http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/chat.
Guys, if you are willing to make these changes and not to do this for you alone, then please ask our devs to wipe out the bugs in the official versions, too.
The problem is that all these themes are given by Java not by JD. We didn't make them.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 21.11.2011, 11:51
English Supporter

audio20 has been by our irc dev channel a couple times, that said this was a while ago ~2months. He is aware of the overwrite/update issue and has been given the advice accordingly.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.11.2011, 13:46
JD Manager

audio, please contact me again, then i will help you to integrate these mods into svn
Old 09.09.2018, 20:06
Modem User

Nice Template, thanx.
Old 22.01.2019, 18:57
0x6683157

@audio20 if you still have your modified black eye theme, could you host it on a third party site please?

Nevermind: found another dark theme here which looks fine too github[.]com/Vinylwalk3r/JDownloader-2-Dark-Theme

Last edited by 0x6683157; 22.01.2019 at 19:08.
Old 22.01.2019, 19:06
JD Manager

@0x6683157: Do you want the attachment from post 2? if so I will make it available.
Old 17.05.2020, 10:34
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@0x6683157: Do you want the attachment from post 2? if so I will make it available.
Greetings. Yes, I would like to access audio20's attachment if possible, no offense. I tried to download it but was blocked, presumably because my community membership is only a day old!
Thank you.
Old 17.05.2020, 13:25
English Supporter

@ashtakshara, its not due to age, its to prevent privacy issues with users uploading sensitive content. Jiaz will make it publicly available, I assume by uploading it to one of there servers.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.05.2020, 13:48
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@ashtakshara, its not due to age, its to prevent privacy issues with users uploading sensitive content. Jiaz will make it publicly available, I assume by uploading it to one of there servers.
Thank you for the update, @raztoki. I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing, not at my "age" of 67! JDownloader is the BEST of them ALL.
Old 20.05.2020, 17:24
Junior Loader

Default Tooltip Anomaly

@raztoki, While waiting for Jiaz to make the @audio20's attachment available, I installed both Vinylwalk3r's Black Theme (from Github) and the Synthetica BlackEye Theme (from Javasoft), and noticed a strange anomaly in both cases. The Tooltip that appears when you hover over the minimized JD Tray Icon is blank except for the Progress Bar placeholder all the time - no activity, downloading, or otherwise. The other Themes carry the proper text legends (Downloads:, Running:, Speed:, Progress, Progress Bar placeholder, ETA:). I compared the synth.xml (my coding knowledge is very limited) files but failed to make headway. I should be grateful if the JD Team takes a look at this.

I could use the InfoBar extension but it can only be closed, not minimised, and to reopen it you have to restore JD, then Tools//Windows//Show InfoBar. For heavy downloading, the ToolTip would have been perfect had it worked.
Attached Thumbnails
JDTrayToolTip.jpg  

Last edited by ashtakshara; 20.05.2020 at 17:41. Reason: Forgot to attach screenshot :(
Old 20.05.2020, 17:41
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtakshara View Post
I could use the InfoBar extension but it can only be closed, not minimised, and to reopen it you have to restore JD, then Tools//Windows//Show InfoBar. For heavy downloading, the ToolTip would have been perfect had it worked.
It has no minimize because it is a different kind of window, you see no taskbar entry for this window. Why wanna close it in first place?
Old 20.05.2020, 17:44
Junior Loader

Quote:
It has no minimize because it is a different kind of window, you see no taskbar entry for this window. Why wanna close it in first place?
JD System Tray Icon's tooltip imperfection I explained in my previous message. To keep JD minimised and yet keep track of downloads would be from the Tooltip which shows only the progressbar.

I attached a screenshot of my problem in the edit.
Old 20.05.2020, 17:45
JD Manager

Here is the attachment
mega.nz/file/PNl0kAxZ#UqXgPi1c4lE24PHZ5jYrzAX_w9HYwFPWS9QxbvbRFfY
Old 20.05.2020, 17:46
JD Manager

This only happens with the custom theme, right?
Old 20.05.2020, 18:01
JD Manager

Old 20.05.2020, 18:02
JD Manager

I will see if I can find some time to find the cause of the tooltip issue
Old 20.05.2020, 18:37
Junior Loader

Quote:
This only happens with the custom theme, right?
Indeed it does, with both Javasoft's Synthetica BlackEye and Vinylwalk3r's BlackEye Themes. I think the issue originates from Javasoft's BlackEye which has been modified both by Vinylwalk3r and audio20.

So someone did report the bug long before me!

And thank you for audio20's package.
Old 20.05.2020, 18:39
Junior Loader

Quote:
I will see if I can find some time to find the cause of the tooltip issue
You will have my everlasting gratitude.
Old 20.05.2020, 18:49
Junior Loader

Sorry for the volley of messages. I just installed audio20's modified BlackEye Theme and alas, it too suffers from the same handicap - a blank Tooltip (with only the Progressbar and no text) for JD's Tray Icon. So I may be right, Javasoft's BlackEye package is the culprit

Last edited by ashtakshara; 21.05.2020 at 09:36.
Old 21.05.2020, 10:09
Junior Loader

Quote:
I missed your response last evening. I could have used the InfoBar after disabling the ToolTip for the minimised JD Tray Icon. Unfortunately, my children found it obtrusive while working on animation and graphics software. Which was why I thought a minimise option for the InfoBar could have helped.

But if you find the time to correct the Tray Icon ToolTip, I should be more than happy.
Old 22.05.2020, 12:59
JD Manager

When it happens with all black themes, it should be easier to reproduce/fix. Thanks again for the followup
Old 23.05.2020, 03:47
Junior Loader

Good morning, Jiaz. I regret I did not make myself clear. This ToolTip issue is not common with all Black Themes including Black Moon and Black Star, but occurs ONLY in the case of Javasoft's BlackEye and audio20's and Vinylwalk3r's Modified BlackEye themes.

Last edited by ashtakshara; 23.05.2020 at 16:36.
Old 25.05.2020, 18:00
JD Manager

Ah, thanks for the clarification! So it only happens with BlackEye and derivatives ?
Old 26.05.2020, 11:41
Junior Loader

Yes, Jiaz, only syntheticaBlackEye due to which Javasoft may have a coding Black Eye BUG, no offense intended, only the pun is !!!

Last edited by ashtakshara; 24.06.2020 at 10:35.
Old 26.05.2020, 11:55
JD Manager

Okay, should make it easier to locate!
Old 07.08.2020, 19:25
Community Manager

I've linked the community dark theme in our knowledgebase.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?