JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.08.2022, 23:06
JD Fan

Default JDownloader2 downloads unwanted links

JDownloader2 downloads unwanted links. For instance:

1. Paste a Youtube link, click on left to show contents. Select link like ".mp4" one and click to start download.

2. Paste a different Youtube link and do the same. Instead of downloading the new ".mp4" file, JDownloader downloads an unwanted file (the one that was below the previously downloaded). That is because such link is now also selected by default. Yet, that should not happen.

System: JDownloader2 (latest version; I cannot copy it from About JDownloader2) on macOS 12.5.1 (21G83) Monterey.
Old 19.08.2022, 13:30
JD Manager

@jDoX: I'm sorry but I don't understand. Is this a report about wrong file selected/started in Linkgrabber or are you talking about wrong file downloaded in Downloadlist? I'm not able to reproduce any issues with Linkgrabber and selection. currently running updates to 12.5.1, maybe those have to do with this issue of yours.

Maybe screenshots to explain it? you can also send those to support@jdownloader.org
Old 19.08.2022, 13:55
JD Fan

Thanks for the quick reply. If needed, I can send screen captures, but I think that it can be easily reproduced this way:

1. Go go Youtube
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
and open any video.

2. Copy such URL, open JDownloader, check for updates and when updated
Command V
to paste such URL.

3. That shows the LinkGrabber tab contents.

4. Click on the left of the link (plus sign; +) to show contents.

5. Click the ".mp4" link and select Start Downloads.

6. That opens the Downloads tab and starts the download. When finished, repeat step 1 to 5 above for other video. But now, you will see that a file (the one that was previously below the already downloaded ".mp4") is selected (yet, it should not be selected). So, when you select the new ".mp4" from the new link, JDownloader downloads such previous spurious file.

That can be easily fixed if JDownloader did NOT select any file once the ".mp4" (or whatever) file is selected to download.
Old 19.08.2022, 15:35
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDoX View Post
That can be easily fixed if JDownloader did NOT select any file once the ".mp4" (or whatever) file is selected to download.
That is desired behaviour. Else you would loose current selection position and loose ability to navigate via keyboard. for example if you delete a file, without selection moving to next meaningful entry, you would have to move selection again to current position. Or you merge multiple packages, then the selection is also getting restored to meaningful entry.
Same behaviour is in my file explorer in list view, I delete one file and selection is auto set to next entry.

Last edited by Jiaz; 19.08.2022 at 15:48.
Old 19.08.2022, 15:36
JD Manager

How exactly do you *Start Downloads* ? I'm asking because this step changes the selection.
I select it, then rightclick and "Start Downloads". That's why I would like to know how you do it?
Quote:
5. Click the ".mp4" link and select Start Downloads
Old 19.08.2022, 15:49
JD Manager

Right now I'm not able to reproduce any issue. At least no when doing it like described here, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...29&postcount=5 , so please can you explain more details this step?
Old 19.08.2022, 15:50
JD Manager

Quote:
So, when you select the new ".mp4" from the new link, JDownloader downloads such previous spurious file.
When I select the new file, then only this new link is selected. how do you select it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Right now I'm not able to reproduce any issue. At least no when doing it like described here, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...29&postcount=5 , so please can you explain more details this step?
Tested on MacOS 12.5.1 and could not reproduce any issue. When I select another file, then selection only contains the selected file and nothing else.

Last edited by Jiaz; 19.08.2022 at 15:56.
Old 19.08.2022, 22:30
JD Fan

Thanks. This is amazing. Believe it or not, I have tried to make a video screen-capture of the process, but I cannot reproduce it now. The amazing thing is that I experienced such issue all the times in the past. I did not report it, thinking that it would be fixed with an update. I will report, should the issue arise again.
Old 20.08.2022, 12:44
JD Fan

Update: I am attaching a screen-capture video as

jDownloader does NOT autostart downloads.mov

The extension can be changed to "mp4" if needed to playback.

What happens when the issue arises is that, as shown for instance in second 6, a ".txt" file shows below the ".mp4" one. When selecting to download the video and paste a new link, jDownloader selects such text file as shown in second 15. Sometimes, when clicking to download the newly pasted video jDownload keeps selected both the text file and the new video, and therefore downloads the text one.

BTW, is there a way to automatically delete all remaining entries of a download link in the example above, once the ".mp4" video has been chosen to download? Because that would be a workaround to prevent the issue of downloading spurious unwanted files, as indicated above (second 15 of screen-capture video). Actually, when such issue arises, I can prevent it deleting such previous link ("Origin of Life…") once I paste the new one ("The Symbiotic Origin…"), albeit I must do it manually.

On the other hand, sometimes jDownloader does not autostart downloading videos, even though it has been configured to do it.

Finally, sometimes jDownloader does not show "Start Downloads" but "Add to Download List" after Control-click or right-click mouse to select link. I know that I can toggle between them with the Control key, but jDownloader should not change that when configured to show "Start Downloads".

I am also attaching screen capture as
jDownloader (Build Sun Jun 26 11 07 23 CEST 2022).png

Tested on iMac (Intel x86; late 2012) with macOS 10.15.7 (19H2026) Catalina.

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.08.2022 at 18:29.