JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10.07.2014, 08:19
Velhans

Default Why no goodbye for Captcha?

Where do I start? How many captcha's have I filled out in my life? Lets just say 5000.. out of those how many did I not enter correctly on the first try... probably 3500. And that is taking into account trying the same one over and over and over. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** Look at these.. who on this planet thinks this is a good idea? And these in my opinion are easy ones from what I have seen. You cannot miss on letter or it will not work.

It makes me wonder if the person who came up with this system understands how letters in an alphabet work. If you put upper and lower case letters jumbled up close to each other, most of the time it will be unreadable. Is that the point of this? For the captcha to be unreadable to computers and to me, some kind of way to limit how many people download files or login to websites using captcha's?

The problem is that most file host site's that use this have the most barbaric primitive help centers you could imagine. Do you think sending most of these sites an email saying you can't enter the captcha correctly is going to stop them from using it? Now when I first started using JDownloader it did a pretty decent job of entering these automatically but those days are long gone. I honestly can't remember the last time JDownloader filled out one of those, and its not the captcha settings you can mess them all day and It will not help. If you missed it there are actually websites shown in the settings dedicated to trying to solve these, real websites it is almost laughable.

I will be so glad the day captcha's are gone, completely obliterated for good.

Last edited by Velhans; 10.07.2014 at 08:22. Reason: pictures not shown
Old 10.07.2014, 14:25
Community Manager

Well, good thing that we have a big Captcha FAQ which explains everything, even your critics.
Read that and afterwards, either be fine with that or ask me something new

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Closed Thread