JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 22.01.2018, 14:38
JD Fan

Default How to shutdown Mac after JDownloader finishes download?

How to AUTOMATICALLY shutdown Mac after JDownloader finishes download?

After starting the download of a single file, I selected "JDownloader2 - Preferences - Extension Modules - JD Shutdown - Mode: Shutdown".

All other applications were closed. Yet, the Mac did not shutdown after finishing download. I did not select: "Force Shutdown (Not for all OS)" or "Keep Shutdown enabled". I did not clicked "Install Force Shutdown".

How to make it to work to automatically shutdown Mac after JD finishes download? Thanks.

macOS 10.12.6 (16G1114) Sierra.

Note to JD DEVELOPERS AND ADMINS: I cannot copy version from "JDownloader2 - About JDownloader2" because it is not possible to copy text from there and because version does not show there. I have reported that before to no avail. It would be great if that could be implemented. Thanks.
Old 22.01.2018, 16:49
JD Manager

What do you mean by *version does not show there* ? Can you provide a screenshot?
Did you also enable Shutdown in Menubar-Tools-Shutdown?
You've got to enable the Shutdown extension and then enable the actual shutdown as well.
Old 22.01.2018, 20:13
JD Fan

Thanks for the quick reply. Please, find the requested screen capture at:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

In any other application, if you open it and select its name menu and "About" submenu, the application version is clearly shown on top with build number to see and copy. Yet, "JDownloader2 - About JDownloader2.jpg" shows a bunch of numbers. It is clear that it is JDownloader 2, but which version exactly. 2.3.4 (4958) or similar (whatever it is) would be great. Just a suggestion for your consideration. Thanks.

On the other hand, I did not select "Tools - Enable ShutdownExtension after Downloads". I guess it is required after what you say. My suggestion would be that it would be better to activate it in a single place, or if more is required, to warn and prompt the user about it, once the user selects it in any way. Again, this is a suggestion for your consideration.

Additionally, it would be great if this forum allowed to upload images. Again, this is a suggestion to improve it.

Last but not least, do not get me wrong. I want to congratulate your for JDownloader for Mac and this helpful forum. But nothing is perfect and, as said, these are suggestions for your consideration to improve them!
Old 23.01.2018, 13:11
JD Manager

JDownloader has multiple modules (Core, Launcher..) and JDownloader shows their source revision. That's why you see their individual revisions. You can easily use the 'Build Date' or/and Core revision. The advantage of the individual revisions is that we can see which source revisions of the modules are in use. JDownloader receives multiple updates a day (may be up to 20-40 updates/day) and a single version number would be very hard to maintain. So the easiest *numbering* would be the build date to check if you have older version or not. I'm planing to provide a website(maybe some info here inform) that shows latest revisions/build-date you can easily use to compare.

Did it work after enable the shutdown extension in menubar?
You can upload images as attachments, but attachments are only available to support staff. Same as links, non whitelisted links are only visible to support staff.

Thanks for your words. We don't have an active mac developer/worker so we only know about issues when someone reports them.
Old 23.01.2018, 20:41
JD Fan

Thanks again. Indicating date with time would be great and equivalent to know the latest FULL version.

I have just tried and it did work. It showed "System will be shut down!" before shutting down the Mac. Of course, for that to work automatically, it is required that no application is open with unsaved work. Otherwise shutdown is aborted:

"Do you want to save the changes made to the document…"
"Your Mac hasn't shut down because… failed to quit"

Thanks again, and keep up the great work on the Mac arena!

Last edited by jDoX; 24.01.2018 at 10:59.
Old 24.01.2018, 10:55
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Much fun with JDownloader. In case you have further questions, please don't hesitate and contact us again