JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 18.08.2011, 19:25
Hertz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Yeah, basically go with IDM until this is fixed Hertz, that's the only real working alternative right now.
Wow just installed IDM and its flyes like on crack
It seems to recognize that i have a premiufrom Fileserve couse i've sturted downloading at full bandwith without Captha.
Is this possible becouse i havent entered my username and password yet?

Edit:
Nevermind that, seems i've cheked "Direct Download" on Filserve site

Last edited by Hertz33; 18.08.2011 at 19:44.
Old 18.08.2011, 20:38
Rich

Yeah I wondered how it knew I had an account too, that must be it huh? I don't remember selecting any options though.

I really hate to say it, but I think I like IDM better. The download speeds do seem to be faster for one thing, plus the percentage is more accurate (to two decimal places), I have to agree with you Hertz, from what little I have seen.

JDownloader DOES have the ability to grab pack files though, so I will still be using it, when it works anyway.
Old 18.08.2011, 23:58
AndreL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker2499 View Post
Still don't like to unrar each package file

IDM doesn't do automatic decompress

Cause I was going to try them out but if they don't auto decompress then f'it.

Who is like JD that has the option to decompress.

Also the service is still down for JD users

Last edited by AndreL; 19.08.2011 at 00:05.
Old 19.08.2011, 06:11
Morten79

Please remember one important thing, IDM isn't free JDownloader is. Not all people like too find and use an illegal version Internet Download Manager. Imo JDownloader is the best free alternative download manager ever created.
Old 19.08.2011, 07:54
Progyn

"ServerError, Will retry later" is all I get from my Premium. Fileserve works OK via the fileserve website.

What's happening ?
Old 19.08.2011, 08:24
remi

Please read post #67.
Old 19.08.2011, 08:33
Rich

The same thing that has been happening for the last 3 pages to everyone else, I imagine.....

Mild update, I got this in an email from Fileserve:
Fileserve is up and working again. If you are still having problem logging in, make sure you have Java Script installed or is activated in your browser.

For web downloads you have to enable the cookies on your browser and it should be fine.

This clearly is not true however, or they just ignored what I said in my email and just sent me a standard response, which is pretty likely.
Old 19.08.2011, 08:55
remi

You probably got an automatic e-mail response based on some words in your e-mail.
Old 19.08.2011, 10:05
kissoff

Default hoster problem

jdownloader gives "hoster problem wait ..seconds" for my fileserve download!! :(( but i can directly download from fileserve. but i love my jdownloader and manage my downloads from there !?!?
what should i do ?!?
wait?
Old 19.08.2011, 10:06
kissoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
jd will not give you links that you did not enter
container,crypted links,cnl2 - all those links jd will not give to you

hoste problem means that the host itself has issues (fileserve oftenhas them lately) or your fireewall/av is blocking java
jdownloader gives "hoster problem wait ..seconds" for my fileserve download!! :(( but i can directly download from fileserve. but i love my jdownloader and manage my downloads from there !?!?
what should i do ?!?
wait?
Old 19.08.2011, 10:09
JD Manager

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=30911
Old 19.08.2011, 11:00
Weasley74

Still not working JD+FS
Old 19.08.2011, 11:23
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoire View Post
API Undergoing Maintenance
2011-08-17 12:48:00

Dear FileServe users,

For the next 48 hours, the API will undergo maintenance. This renders some 3rd party programs (JDownloader, Fileserve Manager, et.al.) to not function properly.

We suggest that you use either our Web Interface, IDM or MiPony to download your necessary files.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused
Best regards,
FileServe
Eh, no, the web interface doesn't work, too. After I got the message "hoster problem" in JD again and again for the last few days, I tried to download the file via the web interface. Sometimes you can debug the problem with this approach. But at the point the download normals starts I got a plain web page with the following HTML code:
HTML Code:
<html>
  <head><title>Error 500</title></head>
  <body>500 - Error</body>
</html>
Nice, isn't it? So it's not true that you can avoid the problem by using the website instead of a download program.
Old 19.08.2011, 12:07
Weasley74

[News Update @ 4AM EST 19/08-11]: Users using FileServe Manager can now download as Free or Premium User. Third party programs such as JDownloader will work later on.

We recommend that you use FileServe Manager.

Best regards,
FileServe
Old 19.08.2011, 12:14
remi

I hope they published their new API ... or does their modified FS Manager no longer support their own API?
Old 19.08.2011, 12:37
Lorenzini

Why are you guys blaming Fileserve? Log in on your browser and you can access the download without any problem. FILESERVE IS NOT HAVING A SERVER PROBLEM!! It is just this stupid JDownloader failed to access a connection to a proper server!! I switched to Mipony DL manager and it's working fine. It's rather terminate the usage of JDownloader than cancelling my fileserve account!:outch:
Old 19.08.2011, 12:38
madascene

The fileserve guy at wj says that they have finished doing whatever they were doing and wants us to wait till JD team releases an update. All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed and wait.

5 days of premium membership wasted and they dont even want to provide any compensation.
Old 19.08.2011, 12:39
JD Manager

read yourself
hxxp://fileserve.com/news.php
it was fileserve working on their api!
Old 19.08.2011, 12:43
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzini View Post
Why are you guys blaming Fileserve? Log in on your browser and you can access the download without any problem. FILESERVE IS NOT HAVING A SERVER PROBLEM!! It is just this stupid JDownloader failed to access a connection to a proper server!! I switched to Mipony DL manager and it's working fine. It's rather terminate the usage of JDownloader than cancelling my fileserve account!:outch:
As I said before: I also have problems downloading the files via the website. So it's not (only) a JD problem.
Old 19.08.2011, 12:49
remi

@madascene

If the guy who's running FSe doesn't give you compensation, especially because his own download program didn't work, he's not only an incompetent amateur but also a plain criminal.

If he doesn't provide compensation then he simply put your money in his big pockets and if he isn't on the run by now then he's protected by a powerful Mafia elite.
Old 19.08.2011, 16:33
madascene

@remi

These filehosts do whatever they like all the time and nobody can really do anything about it besides stop using their service. But majority of users will flock to whichever cyberlocker has the most files and FS knows it. This is why they can afford to dictate terms to us. It means nothing to them to lose a few users.

Honestly, they don't need any protection from some elite Mafia lol. What can we possibly do to them over the internet besides lodging a complaint with paypal or our credit card company?
Old 19.08.2011, 16:38
qwertz

from Fileserve "[News Update @ 4AM EST 19/08-11]: Users using FileServe Manager can now download as Free or Premium User. Third party programs such as JDownloader will work later on.

lol later on another 3 days or what it seems they dont like Jdownloader for some reason !
Old 19.08.2011, 16:40
garfy

still cant download, they should return me the money, idiots

havant learned from rapidshare disaster

dont fix it if it ain't broken is my rule
Old 19.08.2011, 16:43
qwertz

Quote:
That not right they are working on their api which Jdownloader uses.
Mipony didnt worked for me either.
IDM doesnt use this api for example even their own fileserve manager failed before they fixed it today.
Old 19.08.2011, 16:49
Rich

Wierd how only Jdownloader is affected though, almost as if on purpose.
Old 19.08.2011, 17:22
qwertz

traffic = money

jdownloader = poweruser

dont know if its possible but jdownloader should simply change the hoster plugin and forget about Fileserve api.
Old 19.08.2011, 18:11
GNCMatt

Or, this isn't a conspiracy and they just updated their api's and it's not backwards compatible with the old. If this is the case then it is likely that that message simply means, "We updated our app for the new api, JDownloader needs to do the same."
Old 19.08.2011, 18:14
JD Legend

Fileserve said they fixed it on their end

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyFS View Post
@ all: JDownloader users will have their program back as soon as JD updates their software.

Furthermore, you can use Fileserve Manager to download as a free user or Premium. Enjoy!
From the wjunction thread
Old 19.08.2011, 19:18
JD Manager

Update: i got new api specs from fileserve, will add it as soon as possible
Old 19.08.2011, 19:19
JD Manager

Old 19.08.2011, 19:24
JackBlack

Looking forward to that update then JiaZ

And to those over reacting a bit its common for websites with high traffic to update their API even IMDB and many other metadata sites do this as well as social network sites. Most of the time its to deal with either bugs or scalability. IE they're too many users for the current API to run smoothly so changes need to be made. And some times its for security. At least be glad they actually do stuff to make the service better / faster.

Last edited by JackBlack; 19.08.2011 at 19:28.
Old 19.08.2011, 19:29
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Great, finally some movement!!!

Looking forward, thanks Jiaz
Old 19.08.2011, 19:38
qwertz

thx great work guys
Old 19.08.2011, 20:49
lionelboy

Quote:
Our savior !:clap:
Old 19.08.2011, 20:53
argentop2p

question:

The api on fileserve.com is public???
I do not find it anywhere

Compared to other sites:

Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by argentop2p; 19.08.2011 at 20:55.
Old 19.08.2011, 21:27
madascene

No the API isn't public AFAIK. Their rep says they never released an API to the public.
Old 19.08.2011, 21:40
Weasley74

Quote:
Wonderful! Thank you!
Old 19.08.2011, 23:51
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCMatt View Post
Or, this isn't a conspiracy
That's what they want you to think
Old 20.08.2011, 00:03
silverclaw

Quote:
Brilliant!
Old 20.08.2011, 05:20
nggakingat

Quote:
well, my fs premium account ends on august 21, and yesterday i cancelled the autorenew in paypal, registered to filesonic, and resume my downloads using filesonic mirror links in the ever-useful JDownloader. now i am happy.

sorry, my money is too precious for me to waste on the level of sh*t as fileserve is.
Closed Thread