JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.02.2010, 22:50
matmat07

Default Link list not saved

Sometime when I open Jdowloader (half of the time), it load the list from and older one than the last time I closed it. Link I added the last time aren't there anymore and file I had finished shows as not downloaded, or at the percentage they were. If I start it, it tells me that the files already exist, but I have to download the files from the start that weren't finished. There was no update between
Old 06.02.2010, 10:25
JD English Support (inactive)

You have to wait for JDownloader to exit before you log-off or turn off the computer. Assuming you are using Windows, you can use Task Manager to find out when the Javaw process exits (not the Application).

You can start JDownloader with a batch file like this one:
Code:
:: put in the real directory below
cd /d "c:\Programs\JDownloader"
start "JDownloader" /w jdownloader.exe
echo "done"
The batch file will not exit until JD is really done. It will still show up in the status bar.
-----
In the future, or for any followups to this message, upload a log and refer to it in the message. It tells us things like what OS and version you are running (and a lot more important information).

Read the Sticky messages at the beginning of the Forum!
Old 19.02.2010, 05:55
matmat07

First thing, the script exit right after jdowloader is started so that doesn't help much. I saw like you said that javaw.exe stays after I closed jdownloader, but it seems to be frozen, it never close. I have to start jdownloader again and then close that one for javaw.exe to leave. Here's a log after I opened it a second time:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/e4c9...efbbcae59b6472
Old 19.02.2010, 10:38

I apologize. The following should work better. The jdownloader.exe program just does what is on the "start" line and then exits. That exit is why the script did not wait.

Code:
:: put in the real directory below
cd /d "c:\Programs\JDownloader"
start "JDownloader" /w java.exe -Xmx512m -jar jdownloader.jar -debug
echo "done"
I added the -debug so that anything that is sent to the JDownloader log will be echoed into this command window.

One of the advantages of this batch file is that it is connected to the JDownloader program. If you use Ctrl+C in this window, JDownloader should respond with a "Hurry up and save the database" message. Trying to close the window should do the same. So if JD gets stuck again, first Ctrl+C to force the database to be saved. If JD does not exit after a minute, try Alt+F4 or clicking on the X in the upper right corner. It should exit in a few seconds.

Your log demonstrates a bug that I have been trying to document and track down. Please help me by supplying URLs for the following files:
the_dead_zone.3x01 through 3x11
Call.of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER-SKIDROW.part26.rar
Call.of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER-SKIDROW.part27.rar
Call.of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.2.PROPER-SKIDROW.part28.rar

Also, please tell me how large your disk drive is where JD lives and how much space is left. Please tell me the same information about the drive where data is downloaded. Also, please tell me the same information for your system disk (where the Windows directory lives). One of the errors is an Out of disk space, so I need to rule that out before submitting a bug report.

On Windows 2000 and later, up to 25% of the disk drive can be reserved for the recycle bin, restore points, and expansion of the file system. So, even if the system says that 10% of the drive is available, that can mean the disk is full.
Old 19.02.2010, 11:10
remi

Note that unless you're sure it's a disk space problem, the main cause of non-saved state are write protections on jD's folder. You should check that there are no protections on that folder and its sub-folders.

Please, for W7 or Vista you better move jD to a folder like c:\jdownloader and check whether all protections are removed, also on the sub-folders.
Old 19.02.2010, 16:48
matmat07

Maybe that time the hard drive was full. That was a 144GB partition with windows jd and the download directory on it that I forgot to look at, There was around 500MB remaining when I came back. But that's the only time it happened. I also recently had problems with microsoft office telling me something like the owner of my document directory doesn't let me create files, but If I try again it works. I'll try to move the folder, but there was no protection on it. Here's the link:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Old 20.02.2010, 04:49
matmat07

Seem like there's a problem posting my message, I'll try to PM you
Old 21.02.2010, 00:37

Your log shows that you are running Windows 6.1 x86 (marketed as Windows 7). From the log it does appear to be a protection violation error (as remi said). You have bumped into another Microsoft bug that they call a feature.

Quote:
And for the hard drive, everything is on a 144GB partition. But for the first time I forgot to look at the space left before I left it running, and at the end there was 500MB remaining.
This is very bad. You need to try and free-up at least 18GB (1/8) of disk space on your system partition. If you have a different partition, move your downloaded files there and change your JD download directory to the other partition. I will be writing a post about how to organize your disk drives. If the 144GB partition is your only disk space, save up and purchase an additional drive (sale priced 1000 GB for under 100 dollars, euros, or pounds, including taxes).

Please open a command window (with administrator privileges) and xcopy your JDownloader directory to a directory with a name like c:\jdownloader. Do not use any of the flags to copy attributes. The only options to use are /C and /I.

Please test JDownloader again and if it works, tell us here. If it does not work, please upload another Log and we will look at other solutions.

Last edited by drbits; 21.02.2010 at 00:54.
Old 28.02.2010, 17:26
matmat07

I did not do what you told in the last post because so far it is working with your script. And I have another partition about the same size, plus 2 other smaller one for a total of a 320 GB. But this is a laptop drive, so I don't plan on playing with that soon.