JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.05.2013, 18:42
Mega Loader

Default Improvement ideas for JD v2

I have a few idea's for JD v2 that would make things better, or should I say less annoying, to anyone.

1. Please create a button for making a subfolder automatically in the linkgrabber tab on the right under quick settings. Right now this can only be done by going to the cascaded right click menu->properties->download directory and then clicking "subfolder by package".
This is too many steps! In JD v1 this was done very well. Also, please allow us to make a custom right click menu with this option. I mean that I would be able to right click on a package and then click something like "make subfolder". Or like it's named in JD v1: "use sub-directory". So that's two very good ways in my opinion.

2. I don't like automatic extraction of archives but I do like automatic file joining. Meaning if I would download 2 files, or should I say parts, that once those 2 downloads are completed that they will be joined into 1 file that could be an archive or just a regular file like a video file. If I'm not mistaken this was possible in JD v1 as well.

3. Please change the standard icon for the function "stop after this download". I'm not asking this for myself as I have already changed it but the standard icon is bad to read. I think a red octagon with a white "S" in there would be perfect since it would resemble a top sign (as in traffic).
Old 27.05.2013, 21:25
Community Manager

1.You can customize the rightclick menu!

2.You can disable the extraction.

3.So you suggest us to use a (red) "S" icon for "stop after this download"?

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 28.05.2013, 14:51
English Supporter

1) the package name is done via package customiser rules. This allows you to make custom rules for some file types or hosters and not others, with the use of dynamic tag <jd:packagename>. If you want a generic rule, goto settings > package customiser > enable default rule create sub dir by packagename. These are done as links hit linkgrabber and also you can add them when you change path in the dedicated dialog (one click, slight pause and second click, or one click and press f2, or from right click context set download directory) there is a chekckbox that does this for you, it will do it at the end.

2)

3)
it's actually the hand sign for stop so its adequate in my view. That and it's in its own dedicated column, it can only mean one thing img is displayed!

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 28.05.2013 at 14:54.
Old 30.05.2013, 22:49
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
1.You can customize the rightclick menu!

2.You can disable the extraction.

3.So you suggest us to use a (red) "S" icon for "stop after this download"?

GreeZ pspzockerscene
1. I have already done that. But I still have to go to some menu then. I can't do it directly like I can in JDownloader one. There is no direct way to put this in the right click menu right now. Please add it.

2. I have already done this already. This is however no solution because I would like JDownloader to join my files when necessary. Just no extraction.

3. I suggested a red octagon with a white "S" in it. Like a stop sign seen in traffic.
Example: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

In the example you must remove the word "stop" and only put a white "S" in there. Personally I think the hand is very hard to make out. Other then that, for color blinded people it's not userfriendly at all. The red octagon I suggested is. Plus it's much more distinctive from the rest of the icons which makes navigation easier.

Last edited by henshin; 30.05.2013 at 22:51.
Old 30.05.2013, 23:57
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
1) the package name is done via package customiser rules. This allows you to make custom rules for some file types or hosters and not others, with the use of dynamic tag <jd:packagename>.
Just an FYI that on the Mac OS X side the dynamic tag <jd:packagename> has never worked the times I've played with the packagizer rules. It always ends up with a folder named literally <jd:packagename> and not the actual package name.

Also, recently I can no longer uncheck Packagizer in the Settings like I can for Archive Extractor.