JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.12.2009, 02:29
mashima

Default new downloaded files get lost when an older same named package is deleted.

Sorry for the name of the thread. I'll try to explain it as my best:

I was downloading a 12 items package when number 9 became offline, so I finished all but this #9. Then I kept the package in download tab and the corresponding folder in my drive for a while. Days later the uploader gave me a new link for the missing one, I picked it and put it to download. i think it should have to be added automaticaly to the previous package with same name (or ask me what to do at least). Instead of this, it started in download tab into a new different package but using the same name than the original one. Inmediately I noticed a new .part file appeared in my original folder, along with its previously downloaded bros (fine with this). At this point I delete the older package from the list while the new package continues downloading, but the .part file (from the running download) disappeared in the same moment I deleted the older pack. Then, the download of the new package continues to the end, but the downloaded file can't be find anywhere.

any idea about where this file went? do u ack the bug?

Last edited by Jiaz; 07.12.2009 at 02:56.
Old 05.12.2009, 10:48
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashima View Post
At this point I delete the older package from the list while the new package continues downloading, but the .part file (from the running download) disappeared in the same moment I deleted the older pack. Then, the download of the new package continues to the end, but the downloaded file can't be find anywhere.

any idea about where this file went? do u ack the bug?
There are two options when deleting links/packages. Did you delete the files as well? If yes, that would clarify the issue.

The new file probably downloaded in your default download directory if you didn't set a download directory for the new (1 link) package.
You can find your downloads folder in Settings -> Basics -> Download & Connections -> Download directory.
Old 05.12.2009, 12:11
mashima

No, I didn't delete the files, just the links. And not, the new downloaded file was not in the default folder. Even i tried a system search under spotlight (i'm using mac) unsucessfully

I've seen this before with another download. then several files were still under downloading and all of them were downloaded to nowhere; i was fool searching for them everywhere as they continued downloading but those files seem to be written in an unknown dimension

Last edited by mashima; 05.12.2009 at 12:14.
Old 06.12.2009, 11:20
remi

Cool

An unknown dimension? Are you talking about string theory? I'm sorry, but I'm not a physicist.

Did you switch off all options that delete files automatically (after joining or extracting files)?

You know that there are two options for deleting? One for deleting links and one for deleting the links as well?

Did you override the default download folder by setting a Save to path for individual packages? Check these first by opening the Priorities panes for these packages.

If all this doesn't help I suggest that you try to reproduce the behaviour you discovered and provide a detailed log for examination by the developers.

Here are instructions for logging :-

1) Set logging level to ALL in Settings -> Basics -> General -> Logging.
2) Perform the actions that lead to the problem.
3) You'll find the log tab in ? -> Show log.
4) Click Upload log and post the URL here.
Old 06.12.2009, 15:07
mashima

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Did you switch off all options that delete files automatically (after joining or extracting files)?
DONE

Quote:
You know that there are two options for deleting? One for deleting links and one for deleting the links as well?
MINDED

Quote:
Did you override the default download folder by setting a Save to path for individual packages? Check these first by opening the Priorities panes for these packages.
NEVER, Every package creates its own folder with the name of the package into the main default folder. that's enough for me in order to sort out the downloads

Quote:
If all this doesn't help I suggest that you try to reproduce the behaviour you discovered and provide a detailed log for examination by the developers.
Ok. I'll do it asap and report it here. thank u remi