JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30.04.2016, 17:48
UKSFROD

Default Chunks reduce from 3 to 1 during download from ul.to

Hi there,

Long time JD user, recently started having this issue.

My settings are 3 chunks, 3 connections, and when I start a download I get all 3 chunks connecting and max download speed. However, as the download progresses, the chunks reduce to 1 and my download speed also reduces to around 300-400kb/s per connection (as opposed to 4-5 mb/s each) so it's a very significant drop. I noticed if I press the stop button and resume again with the play button, it'll start again still on 1 chunk, but the download speed will be better for 30 seconds roughly before it drops again. This isn't always the case though. It's really annoying as I have to nurse the stop / play button throughout a download to try make it go quicker rather than just leaving it to go max speed throughout as it always has done.

Premium Account: Uploaded.net
JD Version: Latest (afaik)

Let me know if you need any further information - really hope there is a way to fix this as it's rather frustrating!

Thanks,

FROD
Old 01.05.2016, 03:04
phil_ga

The problem is exactly the same here! (I use 4 sim Dls and 8 chunks each for the last few years, never had a single problem with UL). It drops to crippled speed after a few minutes DL, then stays there from 2 MB to 7 kB/s. Stop and restart JD and you get full speed again, but ONLY for a few minutes, then it slows.
It seemed to have started only in the last 20 hours or so. It was working fine yesterday. Premium account - uptodate. Its very frustrating. I've checked program and windows updates, rebooted, cleaned registry etc.

I am also having trouble with Rapidgator, which has suddenly this morning developed 'connection problems' across hundreds of files of different sizes. Basically not working either.. Unlike UL, no restart or reset gives any kind of temporary recovery.

UPDATE: Nothing has changed here on the second day. RG and UL are still both effectively dead for me (unless you call working for a minute then virtually stopping as working).

01.05.16 09.14.30 <--> 01.05.16 08.56.37 jdlog://5114625891641/

Last edited by phil_ga; 02.05.2016 at 10:43.
Old 02.05.2016, 10:48
JD Manager

@UKSFROD: We need a logfile
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post logID here

@phil_ga:
A lot of network issues for many different hosters/downloads, Read timed out
Check firewall/av, those are the cause of this in 99,99%.
Old 02.05.2016, 12:28
phil_ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@phil_ga:
A lot of network issues for many different hosters/downloads, Read timed out
Check firewall/av, those are the cause of this in 99,99%.
Thanks for the idea. I don't know what to look for? Apart from them not being blocked (they are not). I totally disabled my AV but the issues were/are identical for that 2 hour window. I also deleted Windows firewall rules and let it remake them. Same problem/symptoms.
Which specific ports should I allow (eg my router) for JD2?? Are there specific ports to target? Are the ports different for each file share service that JD needs me to keep open?
I have used both UL and RG with JD for many many years and never a problem. Nitroflare works fine at present. The problem happened overnight. I did not change firewall or AV in that time and had not even rebooted.
RG often has timeouts and stuff for me, but this is way way different, when it does connect it has always been fast, now it is dead dead slow over the last 2 days. Obviously I don't know if the UL and RG problems are related or not.

Additional logs:
02.05.16 19.25.40 <--> 01.05.16 20.46.26 jdlog://5025625891641/

Last edited by phil_ga; 02.05.2016 at 12:51.
Old 02.05.2016, 12:39
JD Manager

Please set max connections to 1 and then slowly increase it (need to reset download link to use new max connections) and check when it will start to happen
Old 02.05.2016, 13:02
phil_ga

Thanks, but I have done that repeatedly over the weekend. Symptoms don't change with 1 connection only (1 file, 1 chunk). I'll try again now..and report back if it improves.

Edit: nope its the same. 1 file 1 chunk, no simultaneous hoster: Result: UL is fast for 2 mins than jumps back to dead slow. RG just gives up entirely (>80 files with connection problems).

Last edited by phil_ga; 02.05.2016 at 14:17.
Old 02.05.2016, 13:19
JD Manager

Did you check behaviour in browser with exact same file?
Old 03.05.2016, 13:45
phil_ga

(Sorry for the delay, I've been at work.)
Its all sorted itself out automagically. No idea how or why. The only thing I did that I can see, was to DL two files on RG and on UL separately using the browser IE. The RG ones (100 Mb each) refused (I checked my account and its fine), the UL ones were stable and came down ok (1 Gb each). Then two hours later, all the files in JD2 for either fileserver started working and have now worked fine for the last 8 hours (while I was at work).
It makes absolutely no sense to me why it starts up after 3 days, from 2 different hosters at exactly the same time (noting that Nitroflare worked at all times). But from my perspective, the problem is now gone.
Old 03.05.2016, 14:03
JD Manager

Thanks for your feedback!
Old 03.05.2016, 14:03
JD Manager

Glad it solved by itself
Old 08.05.2016, 23:30
UKSFROD

Sorry, I felt as the original poster I should update my status. The problem for me is also gone yet I've done nothing my end to resolve it. Seems to have just solved itself - I get full download speed and 3 chunks remaining throughout.
Old 09.05.2016, 12:50
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback!