JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.12.2012, 00:26
shadowdogg

Default One failure with RD means it goes netload free host?

Hi,

Thought I would give JD2 a proper go again, but I am perplexed as to why JD2 when it has a failure it just goes right to netload as a normal host right away? It really does need to try at least 3 times. The only way is to then refresh manually in the host which I don't understand at all.

Please fix this major nuisance :(

Gah I need to manually stay over refresh all the time, I can't disable it going into free mode. JD nightly has issue with CRC errors and JD2 has annoying going to free host problems

Proposed solution:
Check from real-debrid whether it can get an active link 3 times, waiting 1-2 mins in between
Each time it is put to the end of the queue to allow others to download which can get a link
For those that tried 3 times and still can't get a link, try free download mode but in addition to not affecting the rest of the downloads.

Last edited by shadowdogg; 14.12.2012 at 01:37.
Old 14.12.2012, 15:35
English Supporter

Hi shadowdogg!

It highly depends on the error type, if it tells us that failure has happened which can not be resolved with 'retrying' it wont retry. All other times it will try like three or four times before reverting to standard plugin free download.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 14.12.2012, 18:42
shadowdogg

Hi raz,

I didn't find this was the case at all, plus it then turned off all my downloads for RD.

Let me tell you an example with download a split into part 1-6
Download A worked until part 3, then failed. I have 4 download chunks and 3 downloads on at once.
When Download A at part 3 failed, Part 1 and 2 finished then it stopped following the queue
Part 4-6 of download A would only work if I forced it to download.
Old 14.12.2012, 20:02
English Supporter

Depending on the multihoster failure and error message provided. It can remove a given real hoster from multihoster support list as it doesn't work for a set period of time. The only way around to personally circumvent this at this point in time is to restart the client. Realdebrid works some times and other times it's really unstable and a given hoster wont work even if you require for day or more at a time. I've noticed this myself and is quite common behavior. The reason this is here is it allows multiple multihoster accounts on different providers to come into play.

Last edited by raztoki; 14.12.2012 at 20:05.
Old 14.12.2012, 20:21
shadowdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Realdebrid works some times and other times it's really unstable and a given hoster wont work even if you require for day or more at a time.
I am extremely familiar with Real-debrid and this tends to be the case of what happens... a server is having issues with a particular link, the next day it is probably fine, another link will be fine for example but jdownloader just blanket turns it off without trying the other links out which is ridiculous.

Like I said it should try all the links first with RD THEN only turn it off if it fails with ALL the links.
Old 14.12.2012, 20:37
English Supporter

it was requested that we didn't do as you ask, as to put a stop ddos of service events. Customers with large lists send large volumes of requests which all fail, hammer the multihoster apis causing unnecessary loads. We have to respect this over your opinion on the matter. It's really up to the multihoster to make sure they have comprehensive error catching and tell the client exactly what is wrong. If they gave us more information than hoster unsupported or what ever, we could do more. Realdebrid didn't give us much to go on with error messages, so we basically just used our previous plugin from the old nightly branch and a bit of trail and error finding new ones.

If you know of a error message which might not warrant removing said host from multihoster control let me know I'll test to confirm and change the plugin.

Old 14.12.2012, 22:29
shadowdogg

Hmm... ok, I shall look properly into this then and see if there is any indication of a particular error message feeding back that means it may come on in a secondary of third attempt - it can be my homework for xmas :D

Though netload has just broken as of last night so perhaps that may have some bearing on the case