JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.12.2011, 17:05
jowee

Default filefactory - hang after first download

Log:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/62905

Hi all,

at thewomanany list I have with filefactory, only one download is done, thereafter, JD says "conncting" but nothing happens. Only restart of JD enables downloading the next one.

The trouble I am reporting to is obvoiusly Thread 31 in the log I uploaded.

Here is a link that makes said problem:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Regards
jowee
Old 04.12.2011, 10:29
remi

I can't reproduce your problem with the links on that page.

If you can download the files with your browser something is blocking jD. I recommend to :-

1) Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.

2) Reduce the Max.Con. setting (bottom right corner of jD window) to 1. Reset the affected links.
Old 04.12.2011, 14:09
jowee

Well, thanks for the hints, but ... to make it more clear:

1.) JD is working just fine for many other download sites. Therefor, I can be sure it has nothing to do with basics like Firewall, java etc. This Problem occurs ONLY with FileFactory.

2.) There is another entry somewhere in here a user reported a similar (the same?) problem. It was mentionned there to post more Information which I tried here.

3.) I can reproduce this problem, however it does NOT appear each and any time. Seems it has something to do with the waiting period (as this other user mentionned) after some download volume. I use dyndns to keep the IP up since other processes need that. And my Routre cannot be rebooted with JD since old model from telefonica ...

4.) The error I assume to be in JD is NOT the problem of not-starting-to-download rather than the notification "connecting" (German "Verbinden") which then stays forever and nothing happens (even after hours).

5.) Resetting the entry in JD does NOT help. Just the message "connectin" disappears, but JD does not try to connect for that entry anymore (at least, does not show nothing, including no request for captcha).

6.) Switching the Router off-on to get a new IP does also not help. The entry still stays.

7.) What seems to be of significance is that as long as this problem exists, JD does not "stop" its process which it normally does once nothing needs to be downloaded anymore (visible on the "Play button" to be still grey.

8.) Pressing "stop" and the pressing "play" resolves the problem, asking for captcha and downloading ... but ... tricked me totally because another download that had already downloaded 480MB after 3 hours did start NEW also ...

Hope that helps to better
Thanks guys
jwka
Old 04.12.2011, 19:30
Community Manager

Can you download via browser while JD cannot?

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.12.2011, 00:02
jowee

pspzockerscene:

yes. took a little while to cross check, but yes I can positively say:

JD still "hangs" on "Verbinden" (connecting) while I have downloaded TWO more parts of the download still pending in JD.

I guess there is a problem with the (partially) multi-step captcha on the website and that JD gets very long "wait a bit" periods which caus him to "hang".

jowee
Old 06.12.2011, 18:46
Community Manager

A hoster can't kill JD and for me its working fine.
It has to be a problem on your side!

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

Did you already re-install JD and try again?

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 06.12.2011 at 18:48.
Old 07.12.2011, 11:35
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowee View Post
1.) JD is working just fine for many other download sites. Therefor, I can be sure it has nothing to do with basics like Firewall, java etc. This Problem occurs ONLY with FileFactory.
I detected some flaws in your reasoning. jD can indeed work fine for many hosts and fail for one particular host, because of a badly configured/operating virus or firewall software.

Firewalls, java etc. aren't basics. They're crucial for the proper functioning of jD.

I recommend the following steps :-

1) If you've virus software, please un-install it and reboot your computer. It's possible you need special removal software and registry cleaners to remove the virus.

2) If you've a firewall in your router please un-install the firewall on your computer and reboot your computer.