JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.04.2020, 22:52
JD VIP

Default New 'file' package

Hi,

Sometimes files packages under the name 'file', like this: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

It's happening since the last update.
Any idea what are they and how can we get rid of them?

Thanks in advance,
M
Old 26.04.2020, 07:17
English Supporter

Please double click under "Download from" column and post them here so we can reproduce the problem.
Old 26.04.2020, 11:13
JD Manager

Please provide example links. Hard to tell/help without knowing anything but a screenshot.
Old 30.04.2020, 18:57
JD Manager

Any feedback for this?
Old 23.05.2020, 06:53
JD VIP

Hi,

I'll provide some links tomorrow if the issue still stands.

Cheers,
M
Old 25.05.2020, 17:00
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback
Old 26.05.2020, 05:11
JD VIP

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

It's not "file" but a completely garbled file name with full of junk files with similar names.

Cheers,
M

Last edited by raztoki; 27.05.2020 at 03:27.
Old 26.05.2020, 05:37
English Supporter

example links? screen shot of your latest post please.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 26.05.2020, 10:05
JD Manager

Please provide example links then
Old 27.05.2020, 00:30
JD VIP

Hi,

I provided a screenshot using "insert image", I don't understand why's not visible here...
The lack of uploading images makes the whole thing tedious and error prone, IMHO.

When I try to open the image in a new tab, the URL looks like this:
Code:
https://board.jdownloader.org/**External%20links%20are%20only%20visible%20to%20Support%20Staff**%20border=
Cheers,
M
Old 27.05.2020, 03:35
English Supporter

Once again caused by the img bbtag. Some reason doesn't work with that providers short link. So becomes invisible. I would recommend to post the url in the future without wrapping it =]

Without knowing how you added the links, it could be all get packaged together either due to 'clipboard import?/crawler/task id' on the backend or even a plugin sets a filepackage so it gets an id but they are all uncheckable/offline. They should be in the offline package.

did you copy the links from website as hoster urls or was it a couple link protected services or mirror uploaded links? The urls shown in JD doesn't tell the real story as you can change the display order (gui settings), atm they look like individual hoster links.

Once again screen shots hard to determine/pin point the underlying issue. Logs would be handy and example links to reproduce is a must.

raztoki

Old 27.05.2020, 13:11
JD Manager

I did test some links of the screenshots and all my tested files where 404 offline.
Please provide example links, send them to support@jdownloader.org
Rockfile uses Cloudflare and fails because of this, https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=83712
Old 27.05.2020, 20:34
JD VIP

Hi Jiaz,

That's exactly the problem: that should've been under Offline instead of being under some weirdly named package.

Cheers,
M
Old 28.05.2020, 11:06
JD Manager

They are not shown as offline but as unknown because of cloudflare. JDownloader is unable to check because the plugin fails due to cloudflare
Old 28.05.2020, 22:35
JD VIP

Hi,

Yes, some of the files.
But the others were clearly marked offline yet they were in this strange package, instead of Offline package.

Is there any option to let those files move into Offline by default?

Cheers,
M
Old 29.05.2020, 12:56
Community Manager

Do you mean offline = red sign or uncheckable = blue question mark?
Any logs, screenshots, example URLs?
(Your linked screenshot of the first post is offline)

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.05.2020, 13:39
JD Manager

@pspzocker: it's about this https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...83&postcount=7
Old 29.05.2020, 13:42
JD Manager

@Maelcum:
Not every offline link goes to offline package due to plugins that might be involved during crawling or packagizer rules that might have matched during crawling process
Old 29.05.2020, 16:56
JD Manager

You can create a custom Packagizer rule to enforce moving of all offline files into a seperate offline package
Old 29.05.2020, 17:28
Community Manager

Example of such a packagizer rule:

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 31.05.2020, 02:13
JD VIP

Hi pspzockerscene,

Can't see the image, unfortunately...

Cheers,
M
Old 31.05.2020, 02:43
JD VIP

Hi Jiaz,

Quote:
Not every offline link goes to offline package due to plugins that might be involved during crawling or packagizer rules that might have matched during crawling process
I think offline links should go to the Offline package no matter how complicated sequence of tasks required to manage them.
I don't see any use case that would required doing otherwise, but I might miss something.

Is there any reason to not to put offline links to Offline package?

Cheers,
M
Old 31.05.2020, 03:25
English Supporter

yes, as stated above it can be caused for many reasons; but the primary one would be caused due to package been created either by plugin or user which has a ID.

An advanced setting for using a offline package exists ( I personally do not like offline package, one of the reasons there is a setting. ).

LinkgrabberSettings.offlinepackageenabled = If true, Offline Links, that do not fit in a existing package, will be moved to a offline package;

Hope that helps explain why.

Last edited by raztoki; 31.05.2020 at 03:28.
Old 31.05.2020, 18:51
JD VIP

Hi Raztoki,

It seems to be a fundamentally broken logic to me.

Right now I can easily end up with a bunch of broken links scattered around in active packages, which will introduce another step when I want to start downloading them (or cleanup the links, which is just another avoidable step).

What are the benefit of putting broken links into active packages, anyway?

I think it would be a much cleaner solution:

offlinepackageenabled == True --> move all offline links to Offline Package

offlinepackageenabled == False --> if the broken links have live mirrors, then put the broken links into the corresponding package, otherwise they should go straight to Offline package.

Cheers,
M
Old 01.06.2020, 05:54
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelcum View Post
Hi Raztoki,

It seems to be a fundamentally broken logic to me.
not everyone thinks the same or wants the same outcome. My needs are different from yours, for example I come from developers perspective.

Quote:
Right now I can easily end up with a bunch of broken links scattered around in active packages, which will introduce another step when I want to start downloading them (or cleanup the links, which is just another avoidable step).
cleanup of offline links automatically performed task, so I totally disagree with 'another step', or 'avoidable step'.

offline links in package are not the end of the world situation, they cause no harm when adding them to the download tab as they don't get used. Though does use more resources. (who cares factor)
or
You can also use the quick side panel to deselect offline prior to adding. (does require effort)
or
if you rather not add them you can do this with the add to download queue stage it auto strips them! Either remember setting or you can customise your own functions in menu editor. This is done without any effort! (automatic and with zero effort).

Quote:
What are the benefit of putting broken links into active packages, anyway?
If you have a series of links you want to check to see that they are all online and there you can do so without having to scroll to find item.

Most importantly when adding multiple links which downloadlinks goto multiple packages and then all the offline goes offline you wouldn't know which mirrors are missing and where without going to the offline package then looking and download from column and that would have to be set to source url == many additional steps. The more offline items you have the harder it is to track, you be scrolling up and down over and over. Even more complicated the larger your linkgrabber list is, and the position of the offline package relative to your comparison package.

It also means when there are false positives say due to plugin error (website changes which creates plugin error which returns offline status 99% time, or the 1% time where programmer make error) it allows you to fix the issue (developer) or wait until fixed (end user) and recheck links without having to readd/find them.

A reason for keeping it in the package, in linkgrabber and into download tab could be: all the original online mirrors are removed from respective service, yet some of the original offline links are false positive due plugin error, which is now fixed, you now have a mirror that works. You can continue to download =].

Old 02.06.2020, 00:37
JD VIP

Hi Raztoki,

Quote:
not everyone thinks the same or wants the same outcome.
I think jDownloader is being a download manager narrows down the outcome pretty much, I bet 95% of the use cases is about download from the net :-)

I'm also a developer but we're talking about end user experience here.

Quote:
cleanup of offline links automatically performed task, so I totally disagree with 'another step', or 'avoidable step'.
When is this happening?
In my experience, I do have packages with offline links from time to time, and they are not cleaned up automatically, so when I start to download a package with offline links I got a warning dialog about offline links.
So, jDownloader introduces an extra dialog here (which could be avoidable if all offline link go to Offline package).

Quote:
offline links in package are not the end of the world situation, they cause no harm when adding them to the download tab as they don't get used.
That's not entirely true. If you have broken links in your package when you start the download, it will add a bunch of error flags in the status in the Download tab, so you have to check whether it's a broken link, an outdated plugin or something else.

Quote:
Though does use more resources. (who cares factor)
As a developer I can't agree with this sort of mentality, sorry.

Quote:
You can also use the quick side panel to deselect offline prior to adding. (does require effort)
Yes, but the broken links still in the queue, they're just not visible. If somebody keeps the setting unchecking, jDownloader can populate a massive set of offline links in many packages, which is most likely an undesired side effect.

Quote:
Either remember setting or you can customise your own functions in menu editor.
This was very helpful, thanks!
Took me a minute to figure out but it definitely helps.
This should be the default settings, IMHO.

Cheers,
M

Last edited by Maelcum; 02.06.2020 at 04:58.
Old 02.06.2020, 09:08
English Supporter

Quote:
Hi Raztoki,

I think jDownloader is being a download manager narrows down the outcome pretty much, I bet 95% of the use cases is about download from the net :-)

I'm also a developer but we're talking about end user experience here.
totally agree, most of our features are for the end users. Default settings are selected from that perspective, as its the majority of the user base.

Quote:
When is this happening?
In my experience, I do have packages with offline links from time to time, and they are not cleaned up automatically, so when I start to download a package with offline links I got a warning dialog about offline links.
So, jDownloader introduces an extra dialog here (which could be avoidable if all offline link go to Offline package).
When? depends on your settings, and how you add links. For me it auto removes them when I add a package to download tab under all circumstances.

the offline dialog, should be a ask what todo (with a remember option? not sure). It indicates that within the menu editor/advanced setting

advanced settings > filter: offline
LinkgrabberSettings.autoconfirmmanagerhandleoffline
LinkgrabberSettings.defaultonaddedofflinelinksaction
LinkgrabberSettings.handleofflineonconfirmlatestselection

Quote:
That's not entirely true. If you have broken links in your package when you start the download, it will add a bunch of error flags in the status in the Download tab, so you have to check whether it's a broken link, an outdated plugin or something else.
plugin defect is different yes, its linkstatus plugin defect exception vs availablestatus.true. I did use that case as 'offline' in my previous broken plugin example.

Quote:
As a developer I can't agree with this sort of mentality, sorry.
"who cares factor" was just a easy way I'd quickly broke down some of the user groups. I'm sure those users have there reasons for doing the things they do. Maybe for the reason I gave previously.

Quote:
Yes, but the broken links still in the queue, they're just not visible. If somebody keeps the setting unchecking, jDownloader can populate a massive set of offline links in many packages, which is most likely an undesired side effect.
sure, but thats the entire scope of the feature. One wouldn't use that feature unless they wanted that behaviour.

Yes I didn't include all the ways to cleanup, for example there are other ways to cleanup offline links on mass: like single click bottom bar button/right click context. .

Quote:
This was very helpful, thanks!
Took me a minute to figure out but it definitely helps.
This should be the default settings, IMHO.

Cheers,
M
Most welcome =]