JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.05.2019, 22:43
DSL Light User

Default Linkgrabber list corrupted.

I noticed that my linkgrabber list was suddenly missing thousands of links today. I tried deleting the latest linkcollector zip files from the cfg folder (to revert to older ones from times that I know that the linkgrabber list was functioning correctly), but no matter how many I delete, JDownloader's linkgrabber always only contains a small, short list of links when I start it back up again. All of the ZIP files contain thousands of links, so I don't understand why only a tiny number of them show up in the actual linkgrabber list upon starting the program back up.

It seems that this happened after a recent update.

EDIT: I even examined the contents of the ZIP files, and all of them contain all of the thousands of links. However, even manually loading them into JDownloader only causes less than 40 links to appear in the linkgrabber list.

Last edited by beechcott; 12.05.2019 at 23:58.
Old 13.05.2019, 12:53
JD Manager

What OS are you using? Very like your Java is limited in heap usage and it takes more memory to load the list.
Is the zip file working okay or corrupted? How many links/files are in zip?
Can you provide a screenshot of your about dialog of JDownloader? to check available memory
Old 13.05.2019, 18:39
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
What OS are you using?
Windows 10.

Quote:
Is the zip file working okay or corrupted? How many links/files are in zip?
I eventually was able to find a ZIP file that worked. When I used a week-old backup of the linkgrabber ZIP file from a Macrium system image backup, the problem went away, although I of course lost some of the links that I had added later than that file's date in the process. I think that all of the linkgrabber files from after a certain date must all be corrupted, although opening the files in Windows Explorerdoesn't show any obvious corruption.

I did save backups of the newer files, however.

The latest one had 9,421 files in it.

Quote:
Can you provide a screenshot of your about dialog of JDownloader? to check available memory
It says Usage: 775.82 MB - Allocated: 1.44 GB - Max: 1.60 GB
Old 14.05.2019, 10:32
JD Manager

3 possible causes
1.) filesystem corruption, when zip file is damaged
2.) disk corruption(bad sectors), when zip file is damaged
3.) too many links in list and not enough available heap memory, then loading may fail but in that case JDownloader automatcially creates a .backup file of the zip

JDownloader uses copy-on-write, so it creates new zip file and only when that has been successful, then it will rename the file to be used for later loading
Old 14.05.2019, 18:44
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
3 possible causes
1.) filesystem corruption, when zip file is damaged
2.) disk corruption(bad sectors), when zip file is damaged
3.) too many links in list and not enough available heap memory, then loading may fail but in that case JDownloader automatcially creates a .backup file of the zip

JDownloader uses copy-on-write, so it creates new zip file and only when that has been successful, then it will rename the file to be used for later loading
At this point, I think that corruption of the ZIP file is the most likely cause of the problem. As I have replaced the faulty ZIP file with an older file, I know of nothing else that can be done at this point. I suppose the thread can be closed.
Old 14.05.2019, 18:47
JD Manager

If you want I can try to help to rescue parts of the broken zip. you can send it/or a link to support@jdownloader.org