JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.12.2021, 14:56
Modem User

Default Few questions about JD2

I have never use it before and I tried looking for information but I didn't find anything so I have few questions

1.Is it possible when clipboard capturing is enabled and JD2 detects a supported link,to display a confirmation dialog from which I can choose what I want to do(the "Analyse and Add Links" dialog to appear not instantly adding it to the list with a download location I may not like for the current download)

2.When adding links,JD2 always creates a subfolder with the name of the file I am downloading and the file is inside that subfolder
Is there is a way to disable that(don't create a subfolder,just download the file to the destination I set without creating subfolders)

3.The "Info Bar" allows me to drop links to JD2 but again,no confirmation,JD2 just instantly adds it to the list

4.Does JD2 have settings that tells DJ2 to not download files in junks if the site does not support this
The global option is set to do just one connection but if I increase it to 4 for example,will JD2 automatically reduce it to one if the site don't support it?

5.How can I delete old download locations(not all)

I am probably forgetting something,I hope it's ok to keep asking here instead of making new threads
Old 13.12.2021, 00:39
English Supporter

re 1) no, confirmation is linkgrabber itself. You then confirm to add to download tab, or remove content that you're not wanting. So solution to this is either to disable clipboard monitoring and use the add links function and set the path you desire, or more automatically configure paths based on say url or content type via the package customiser.
re 2) yes, there is a support article on this and answered numerous times on the forum.
re 3) that is the intended purpose though.
re 4) not quite, the download core is quite simple, for that download and doesn't talk to other concurrent downloads. But if you're using directhttp plugin (generic) it will try with chunks, and on failure then try single chunk.
re 5) settings > advanced settings > LinkgrabberSettings.downloaddestinationhistory

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.12.2021, 19:31
JD Manager

@raztoki: Thanks for the answers!

@vsub: In case you've got further questions or need more answer to existing questions, please let us know