JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 11.06.2023, 17:22
DSL Light User

Question JDownloader download at 25 mb/s on Windows 10 but 1 mb/s on Linux Fedora/Ubuntu

[SOLVED]

Sorry, I forgot to increase the maximum download limit to 20 (3 by default), that's why I was getting 25 mb/s on windows. I'm so sorry, it was my fault, you can delete this thread and I'm sorry again!

[SOLVED]

Hello friends.

I have recently started using 2 Linux distributions, Fedora and Ubuntu.

Everything works correctly in these two distributions, so I only needed to install JDownloader to have everything perfect.

So, in Fedora Workstation 38 I installed JDownloader via Flatpak (since it is not available from the DNF repositories):

"sudo flatpak install jdownloader2"

It installed successfully and everything works fine except for the download speed. I've tried the same links/server, and on Windows 10 it downloads at about 25-30 mb/s, but on Fedora it only downloads at 1 mb/s (or less):

I thought it was a Fedora problem, so I decided to install it on Ubuntu LTS 22.04.2 using Snap (since it's not available in APT repositories):

"sudo snap install jdownloader2"

Again, everything installed and worked fine. But again, it only downloads at 1 mb/s. So I found this:

https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...oader-is-slow/

https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...-downloadspeed

It seems that JDownloader has some kind of swap or allocated ram memory? Maybe on Linux this fails or something? Can anyone tell me what memory you have set in Windows JDownloader by default? Because right now I don't have Windows, so I can't check, my current memory allocated to JDownlaoder is this:

If it is not a problem caused by the ram memory, do you think there may be a solution?

I know only 1% use JDownloader on Linux, so I understand if this can't be fixed.

If I can't get this fixed, I'll sadly go back to Windows 10, as I use JDownloader 2 a lot every day, and I can't do without it.

Thanks in advance as always for all your time and effort.

Last edited by nicknick; 23.06.2023 at 21:30.
Old 20.06.2023, 14:46
English Supporter

is the issue with linux and network card config ? is it only configured to 10Mbit by any chance? that equates to 1MiB/sec

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]