JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.08.2010, 04:58
k3rim

Default Problem with FlashGot addon (with Decrypters).

here is the the thing
when i click flashgot link in Firefox the link is sent normally to jd
and i can download without any problem
but the problem is "copy url" and "open in browser" commands all give me the referrer url not the download url ( which is strange because the download is normal"

also in properities tab the url field show the referrer link

thank you

Last edited by Jiaz; 08.02.2011 at 13:01.
Old 10.08.2010, 07:49
JD English Support (inactive)

It seems that you might have parts of two different versions. Sending the referrer is a new feature, but the referrer is supposed to go into the comments field.

Please make sure your flashgot is up to date (a new version was recently released). Please make sure you have updated to the latest version of JD and Enable the External Interface again.

If this does not fix the problem, please let us know.
Old 10.08.2010, 14:30
k3rim

thank you for your rapid response
i am sure i have the last version of all
flashgot V. 1.2.1.29
jd Version-0.9580
java 6u20 ( update 21 having problems with it)

so what is the next step?
Old 10.08.2010, 16:23
JD Manager

thats normal. flashgot sends referrer(current page where you added the links from) and jd will use that for *copy url, open in browser*.
if you dont want this, then add the link yourself without flashgot with normal copy
Old 10.08.2010, 16:24
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
It seems that you might have parts of two different versions. Sending the referrer is a new feature, but the referrer is supposed to go into the comments field.
no its not. referrer was the same as always cause flashgot also has a description field which is the jd comment then. thats how its working since months
Old 10.08.2010, 16:57
k3rim

thank you for your response
but jd should play by the rules

the url in the url field (and all the commands dealing with url)
and the referrer link in the referrer field
and the comment field (description field) should have any comment or description the user may want to add

that is the normal behavior

Last edited by k3rim; 10.08.2010 at 17:33.
Old 12.08.2010, 01:11

Quote:
thats how its working since months
That is definitely not what was discussed on the board before the update was implemented.
----------------------------
k3rim is right that JD needs separate fields for things like referrer. However, until the DB is reworked, all ancillary information that we have should appear as comments.

Rather than saying that JD should play by the rules, I would say that it should be consistent. Every time a Surprise! like this is implemented, JD loses credibility.
Old 12.12.2010, 12:45
Serag4000

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
k3rim is right that JD needs separate fields for things like referrer. However, until the DB is reworked, all ancillary information that we have should appear as comments.
I Second that opinion, I ALWAYS put the referrer link in the comments field in any case. And note that you don't ever need to copy multiple referrer URLs while you can always need to copy multiple download URLs.

Also, I'd like to point out that you can't make DLC from packages made of FlashGot links, since they all appear to have one URL, the referrer's URL
Old 12.12.2010, 22:15

Flashgot links from the JD Flashgot plugin contain the an extra field for the referrer's URL. JD will be putting that in the comment field. This should not interfere with DLCs. If it does, clear the comment field.
Old 06.02.2011, 03:19
Pressfred

Why is this set to "solved"? I just added some links from SJ via Flashgot, and instead of the URL of the specific file at the hoster, I just see the URL from SJ that points to the page with the specific hoster(i. e. fc_[name and epsiode of the show].html. The comment field in JD contains "hier".

I'm using the latest stable versions of JD and Flashgot.
Old 06.02.2011, 07:22

@ Pressfred,

This is marked solved, because nobody has provided evidence that there is a problem. If there is a real problem and you want it fixed, you have to provide a list of links that you copied (you may have to use Copy Link Location) and the values that were recorded in the Properties Panel for these links (specifically Comment and URL for each link).

Please also provide the results of Copy URL, Open in Browser, and actually downloading the link. We always ask for at least three links for each situation.

Please test whether this is restricted to SJ by using FlashGot with a different decrypter.

Posting a log that shows JD receiving and processing the links would help. If the wrong file is downloaded, include the download in the log. Please also try creating a DLC from your links.

It would also help if you could create a JD database containing just the links you think are wrong.

@ Serag4000,

Please provide the Links that you cannot convert to a DLC and a log showing JDownloader attempting to create the DLC. Please be aware that he DLC encryption has recently been cracked, so the DLC creation might not be available for any links.

SJ is a decrypter, not a host. Apparently, this confuses some of the software. Showing "hier" in the referrer field means there is no recordable referrer.

Unless you have a reason to want the referrer, the link collector in the next major version of JD will solve your problem. You can give it a try using the Nightly Test version of JDownloader.

The Nightly Test version is not meant for daily use and does not always work. It is for developers to "Beta test" new code.

Work on this issue cannot begin until after the information requested above is posted. Please PM drbits with the URL of this thread when you post the information.

Last edited by drbits; 06.02.2011 at 08:11.
Old 06.02.2011, 12:10
Pressfred

OK, drbits, here you go:

From **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** the movie "Train de vie", I select all the links and click on "Flashgot Selection" in the context menu. This creates one package with the seven parts of the movie. For each one, the URL field reads **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** , and the Comment field reads **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** (with the correct part number). Selecting "Open in browser" opens the blogspot page, not the Rapidshare URL.

On **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** the first post on the page, titled ADD. There are four links to oron.com, with the readable text like this:

Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
I select these four lines, "Flashgot Selection", and JD creates two packages with two files each. The URL field for all four files is the thread URL at ua-teens, and the comment field contains the shortened URLs at oron like you can see above. "Open in browser" opens the ua-teens thread.

From **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** I select all the three links for the first episode (the three "hier"s below S01E01). After entering the three captchas from SJ, I have a package with 3x3 files. The URL field for the first file at filesonic reads **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**, the comment is "hier". "Open in browser" opens the page with the captcha at SJ.

What I want is that the URL field contains the link to the file at the filehoster. Having the original webpage where the link came from in the comment field would be nice, too, but I could live without that. The biggest problem is with the ua-teens example, where the complete URL is nowhere to be seen. I'd have to fire up Wireshark to get the complete links, which is a little too much effort. When the complete URL is in the comments, it's more an inconvenience than a problem. But I have some old links in JD from a time when Filesonic was sharingmatrix, and some of them don't work, only adding them again helps, which is kinda hard without the complete links (the source pages I got them from are partly gone, so I can't get them from there).

As this happens even when no decrypter is used, it seems that it is a general problem between Flashgot and JD, although I can't say which side is the buggy one.

I hope this is enough info to investigate the matter, if not just tell me what you need to know.

Last edited by Pressfred; 06.02.2011 at 12:12.
Old 08.02.2011, 12:42

Default Analysis

Tested on 13350 (Nightly)
On 'Train de vie' - Select 7 links and then Right click, Flashgot, Selected links:
  • Package name is Description of Referrer page (correct)
  • URL property on link is **External links are only visible to Support Staff** INCORRECT - should be the link URI.
  • Comment field on Package is empty.
  • If FlashGot is sending the Description per transfer (Package), then the Description should go into the Package Comments. If FlashGot is sending the Description per URI, then the Description should go into the Link Comments.
  • The same logic holds for the Referrer.
  • If both the Referrer and the Description are to be in the same field, the format must be acceptable to LinkGrabber.
  • For consistency with the rest of the program, Open in Browser should open the URL (so that files can be directly tested in the browser - and for Consistency). Opening the Referrer can be copy and paste.
  • Copy URL must copy the URI if it is available.
  • The contents of the comment field should be unstructured and editable, so using data from that field for specific purposes is ill advised.
  • The location of the URL and Comment are definitely backwards. These files appear to download correctly. How much extra coding is necessary? How much "Bug Surface" does this add?
  • If URL is handled correctly (always Appended and never Replaced), Jiaz comment that the Description goes into that field is not an argument for putting the wrong value in the URL field.

As a related note: Containers are saved in the Container subdirectory. Adding the relative path to the saved Container file to the comment would be a good idea (to allow reloading).
Old 08.02.2011, 12:58
JD Manager

the coy url and open URL is on purpose to open the referer (to find the page where the link came from).
if the link works fine, then use jd. if the link fails then the user wants to know where he got the link from.

the comment is set by flashgot per link and the url field is always the referer if one is set.
there is nothing wrong with current addon or implemenation.
if you want a different comment or no referer then ask flashgot dev to add options for that. we just use the parameter as they are provided by flashgot.
Old 08.02.2011, 13:19

@ Jiaz,

The URL field is clearly wrong. Since there is a JD addon that processes the information from FlashGot, this should be corrected, regardless of who names the fields. Since the correct file is downloaded, the addon is properly identifying the URL, but the information is not placed in the correct property fields.

The Referrer is never a primary part of the information for the user. As I understand the situation, it was added at JDownloader developer request. It is secondary information to be used in .info files and to open the referrer page if the URL field contains the incorrect information. This is all for manual use, not for use with context menu commands.

Fixing the other UI bugs in the Properties Panel (Copy does not always work, Cut appears for non-editable information, Comment is not always appended) would make these advanced features a lot easier to use.

In addition, the LinkGrabber option "Show info. panel" should be "Show Properties Panel" (this hides the info. panel). All of these UI problems are already in bugreports.

RE: SJ

The "hier" in the SJ results is the text description of the Link, and therefore is appropriate for the Comments field of the Link. If it is appearing in the wrong properties field, then it is part of the problems getting the FlashGot information into the correct field.

If there is an Alt, Bubble, or tool-tip text available, that should also probably be placed in the Comment field (all appended). That assumes future extension of the FlashGot and the JDownloader Plugin to supply the information..

As I noted earlier, except for the information that belongs in the Comment field, version 13350 (Nightly) eliminates most need for FlashGot in the next major release.

Last edited by drbits; 08.02.2011 at 13:35.
Old 08.02.2011, 21:32
Pressfred

Any estimation when the major release is due? And how stable is the actual nightly? If it will take some time from now, I might switch to nightly when it's stable enough, if it's only days or some weeks, I'd wait.
Old 09.02.2011, 04:51

There is no information available about the date of the major release.

The Nightly Test version is usually very stable. However, it is intended for developers to beta test new parts of the program, not for users (no complaining allowed if it does not work for a few days).

Personally, I have been using Nightly almost all of the time for almost a year (with about 6 days when it did not work or when all links were disabled when the program started).