JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.09.2021, 14:45
guardao's Avatar
guardao guardao is offline
JD-Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 756
Default GUI - JD Update - Stop LinkCollector

Close Linkcollector when the JD has to UPDATE

Update does not start without closing LinkCollector.

In my case, the STOP LinkCollector message is UNDER the UPDATE message, so I can't see it.
I don't close it and the update doesn't start.

See PIC.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by guardao; 20.10.2021 at 16:17.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20.10.2021, 16:19
guardao's Avatar
guardao guardao is offline
JD-Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardao View Post
Close Linkcollector when the JD has to UPDATE

Update does not start without closing LinkCollector.

In my case, the STOP LinkCollector message is UNDER the UPDATE message, so I can't see it.
I don't close it and the update doesn't start.

See PIC.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
JIAZ, please analyze this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20.10.2021, 16:59
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 72,936
Default

@guardo: is the screenshot an example or the actual bug? because you write *is under* and yet the screenshot shows it above? and you can move the window to see the window beneath it.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30.10.2021, 16:52
guardao's Avatar
guardao guardao is offline
JD-Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@guardo: is the screenshot an example or the actual bug? because you write *is under* and yet the screenshot shows it above? and you can move the window to see the window beneath it.
No. I just put it that way so you can identify the TAB that is under the update message.

The links collector is still in progress. The TAB is under the other TAB, which makes it impossible to know about the problem.

My suggestion is - IF "Link Collector is still running", bring the message to the front so the user can STOP and continue the update.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31.10.2021, 11:09
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 72,936
Default

@guardao: you mean that the user can see that there is linkcrawling in process? but you still can abort the crawling, right? does not block it
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13.11.2021, 15:28
guardao's Avatar
guardao guardao is offline
JD-Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@guardao: you mean that the user can see that there is linkcrawling in process? but you still can abort the crawling, right? does not block it
No. What I mean is that the update cannot start because the links collector is still running, and when the update message is displayed, hides the message to stop the links collector.
The solution is to bring this message to the front so that the user can decide whether to close it and start the update.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:24.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.