JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 18.08.2015, 05:08
Wind Gust

Default Mac OSX 10.6.7 JD2 Addon-manager - where is it?

From various searches I believe I could replace the JD2 extractor by specifying a path to one of my own. However what I found implies there's a add-on manager someplace in JD2. I've looked (I think) everywhere in the settings. I cannot find any addon manager. So my question is - where is it? How do you add/replace addons to JD2?
Old 18.08.2015, 05:35
English Supporter

far as I understand... No, you can not replace extraction in the form of providing your own path. You must use 7zip java library at this stage. If you provide your own compiled version of java7zip library, you must place it in the same path structure.

If you make your own addon it will be provided as a JAR and you can place it in your Beta version after you have developed within IDE of your choice.

We have outstanding tickets for alternative extraction, but these are still pending.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.08.2015, 07:04
JD Manager

All available extensions are listed in Settings, on the left site.
And no, you cannot replace the extractor. Why do you want that?
Old 19.08.2015, 03:14
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
All available extensions are listed in Settings, on the left site.
I wouldn't have asked if it were that obvious. In the available settings nothing I see actually lists any extensions. There's nothing I see in the "Advanced Settings" and while there is an "Extensions Modules" icon shown it does nothing.

The pane on the right remains unchanged showing whatever settings I viewed previously. For example if I click on Advanced Settings I see the advanced settings in the pane to the right. If I then click on the Extensions Modules item on the left the advanced settings pane on the right remains. It's acting like it's ignoring any clicks on the "Extension Modules" icon.

If that's the expected behavior when there are no extensions (do any come with the standard installation?) then I have no way of knowing that. I would expect the pane on the right to, at a minimum, show a blank pane. Not just ignore the click.

Quote:
And no, you cannot replace the extractor. Why do you want that?
Because I have my own extraction tool that I have written that organizes rar set expansions in a way I prefer over the standard builtin extractor. JD has tons of preferences to tweak it in various ways so why not this.

This is not a show stopper. I really just want to know how to deal with extensions (addons).
Old 19.08.2015, 06:31
English Supporter

the extension icon is just a place holder it doesn't contain any contents. extension that are available are below it.

1-8 are available extensions

raztoki

Old 19.08.2015, 09:23
JD Manager

You can disable the Extraction Module within JDownloader and use the
Eventscripter to listen to "Download Finish" Event and then call your own tool for extraction. Eventscripter is JavaScript.
Old 19.08.2015, 09:48
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
the extension icon is just a place holder it doesn't contain any contents. extension that are available are below it.
Ah, that clarifies that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You can disable the Extraction Module within JDownloader and use the
Eventscripter to listen to "Download Finish" Event and then call your own tool for extraction. Eventscripter is JavaScript.
Thanks for the hint.
Old 20.08.2015, 02:02
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
1-8 are available extensions
raztoki
Just noticed something about your extension display. You have 8 extensions. My installation has only 4 (AntiStandBy, Event Scripter, Global Notification, and JD Shutdown). Your set of extensions is different. So how do you add/remove extensions?

For example, that Info Bar extension. All I found was a outdated (?) **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... (or **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...) on it. I cannot find from where you could download it not how to install it if I could download it (although presumably if I could find it maybe it would tell me how to install it).
Old 20.08.2015, 05:25
English Supporter

my jd2 beta install was from Jar method when jd2 beta first came out. Before installers were even provided. Back then all extensions were available without the need to install. Only new extensions that have added recently require installing.

To reduce the install size, or for other reasons like some extensions need to be reviewed/rewritten, etc, they are not available at this time.

Old 20.08.2015, 07:20
JD Manager

Not installed extensions you can find the bottom of the list.