JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.02.2018, 12:14
Hartm

hello,
i usually download with 50mbi/s but sometimes it goes down to 1000kb/s so i have to pause and resume the download.. is it possible to make a script for that , that it will every 30 seconds pause/resume the download?
Old 06.02.2018, 12:51
Hartm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Code:
// Auto stop/restart downloads if the current average speed is below limit.
// Trigger Required: "Interval"

var minSpeed = 128; // (KiB/s) <- minimum average download Speed.
var minDuration = 0.3; // (minutes) <- minimum download duration per link.
var waitTime = 0.1; // (minutes) <- wait time before restart.

if (running() && getAverageSpeed() < minSpeed * 1024) {
    stopDownloads();
    sleep(waitTime * 60 * 1000);
    startDownloads();
}

// Check if all downloads have been running for atleast the minimum duration.
function running() {
    var links = getRunningDownloadLinks();
    if (links.length > 0) {
        for (i = 0; i < links.length; i++) {
            var link = links[i];
            if (link.getDownloadDuration() < minDuration * 60 * 1000) {
                return false;
            }
        }
        return true;
    } else {
        return false;
    }
}
unfortunately it doesnt work anymore? does it need to be updated? or am i doing something wrong?
Old 06.02.2018, 13:14
JD Manager

@Hartm: what exactly doesnt work? there have been no changes to JDownloader and script.
Old 07.02.2018, 00:22
neik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@neik: you can copy/paste Settings-Advanced Settings, PackagizerSettings.rulelist
For eventscripter, EventScripter.scripts
Thanks Jiaz, the packagizer solved my problem. ;-)
Old 07.02.2018, 01:05
JD Adviser

@hartm
Try this script

Trigger is Interval with 10000ms

Code:
//überprüfen, ob überhaupt gedownloadet wird
if (isDownloadControllerRunning() && !isDownloadControllerStopping()) {
    var running = getRunningDownloadLinks();
    //alle laufenden Downloads überprüfen
    for (var i = 0; i < running.length; i++) {
        //überprüfen, ob der Download mindestens seit 30 Sekunden läuft
        if (running[i].getDownloadDuration() > 20000) {
            //überprüfen, ob die Geschwindigkeit unter 500kb/s ist (habe 100.000er - dementsprechend an die eigene Leitung anpassen!)
            if (running[i].getSpeed() < 1000 * 1024) {
                //Reconnecten!
                requestReconnect();
            }

}
    }
}
Old 07.02.2018, 08:45
Hartm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDealer View Post
@hartm
Try this script

Trigger is Interval with 10000ms

Code:
//überprüfen, ob überhaupt gedownloadet wird
if (isDownloadControllerRunning() && !isDownloadControllerStopping()) {
    var running = getRunningDownloadLinks();
    //alle laufenden Downloads überprüfen
    for (var i = 0; i < running.length; i++) {
        //überprüfen, ob der Download mindestens seit 30 Sekunden läuft
        if (running[i].getDownloadDuration() > 20000) {
            //überprüfen, ob die Geschwindigkeit unter 500kb/s ist (habe 100.000er - dementsprechend an die eigene Leitung anpassen!)
            if (running[i].getSpeed() < 1000 * 1024) {
                //Reconnecten!
                requestReconnect();
            }

}
    }
}
my downlaodrate dropps to 500kb/s and it should trigger the script right? But it doenst do anyhting.. the download just keeps going... also it would be nice if the download rate dropps under 1Mbi/s

in event scripter i enabled the script due download start is that wrong?

Last edited by Hartm; 07.02.2018 at 09:23.
Old 07.02.2018, 10:39
JD Manager

@Hartm: Trigger must be set to 'Interval' mit 1000 ms interval.
Old 07.02.2018, 14:11
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartm View Post
.. is it possible to make a script ... that it will every 30 seconds pause/resume the download?
Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/Hartm.js

Last edited by mgpai; 09.02.2018 at 06:11. Reason: Updated script location
Old 07.02.2018, 18:24
Giga Loader

I was directed here by Jiaz from my feature request thread, so here's a copy-paste of what I'm looking to do:

-----

Here's an example to illustrate what I'm looking for. Say I have 500 or so links in the LinkGrabber or Downloads list. However I already have 200 of those files downloaded previously. Now it's pointless and a sheer waste of time, power, bandwidth etc. to re-download those 200 files, and it's obviously not feasible to manually look through the 500 and remove the 200.

Now suppose I have a simple text file containing a list of all the files I already have (could be in any location and on any internal or external media, but the list contains only file names and not paths).

What I want is a Subtract File List feature where I can provide the file list to JD, and it will automatically mark (say with red or yellow background) all the links that match the names of files I already have. There should also be a new menu option (along with Delete Links: disabled/failed/finished/offline) i.e. Delete Links: duplicates, so that one can quickly and easily get rid of all the matching links after reviewing them.

The matching links can of course be directly removed from the LinkGrabber or Downloads list too, but highlighting them with a different color will enable users to review which ones they really want to delete. For example a link may exactly match the name of a pre-existing file, but the user may decide to download anyway because the files are different.

-----

So, is this something that can be scripted?
Old 08.02.2018, 07:20
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgearjd View Post
... What I want is a Subtract File List feature where I can provide the file list to JD, and it will automatically mark (say with red or yellow background) all the links that match the names of files I already have. There should also be a new menu option (along with Delete Links: disabled/failed/finished/offline) i.e. Delete Links: duplicates, so that one can quickly and easily get rid of all the matching links after reviewing them ...
The option to set foreground/background color to the matching links is not available in the script environment. However, it is possible to remove/rename/disable them. It might also be possible (new API method required) to set comment (e.g. "Duplicate File") to the matching links. Of these methods, disabling the links might be the most convenient, as they can then be easily removed using "Delete Links: disabled" option.

Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/netgearjd.js

Last edited by mgpai; 09.02.2018 at 06:10. Reason: Updated script location
Old 08.02.2018, 11:04
JD Manager

@mgpai: thanks for your help and support!
Old 08.02.2018, 22:33
Hartm

Quote:
Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/requests/Hartm.js
thanks for that =)
but i dont think it is working? my download goes 65 seconds with 885kbi/s and it doenst reconnect...
Old 09.02.2018, 06:09
Script Master

@Jiaz: Always my pleasure

Quote:
... is it possible to make a script ... that it will every 30 seconds pause/resume the download?
Quote:
... my download goes 65 seconds with 885kbi/s and it doenst reconnect...
The script does not 'reconnect', it checks the download speed between specified intervals and pauses/resumes the downloads if it is below target speed, which I believe is as per your original request.

If that is still what you are looking for, please make sure you have selected 'interval' as trigger and set it to '60000'. For testing purposes you can set a very high target speed (e.g. 1024000) and see if the script is being triggered. You can visually confirm it by watching the pause button in GUI. If the script is working correctly, you should be able to see it being disabled/enabled for the duration specified in the script.

Note: The script has bee moved to:
Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/Hartm.js
Old 09.02.2018, 10:28
JD Adviser

Hi,
i'm searching a script for automatic update. the last one i got is not working.
Old 09.02.2018, 11:09
Script Master

Quote:
... i'm searching a script for automatic update. the last one i got is not working.
Restart and update when Idle? Which script did you try?
Old 09.02.2018, 14:26
JD Adviser

i got one that was checking every 8 hours if there is an update or not. when theres was one, JD ask everytime time if it is ok to update. i need one that is not asking.
Old 09.02.2018, 15:05
Script Master

Quote:
i got one that was checking every 8 hours if there is an update or not. when theres was one, JD ask everytime time if it is ok to update. i need one that is not asking.
Have you tried this script? Here is a newer version, which includes an additional 'linkcollector' check. To execute the script every 8 hours, set the 'Interval' to '28800000'.

Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/DaDealer.js

We can also check/modify your existing script, if you post it here. If you have a different solution in mind, feel free to suggest it.
Old 09.02.2018, 20:28
JD Adviser

the script was:

Code:
// Check if updates are availaible when JD is idle
if (callAPI("update", "isUpdateAvailable") && isDownloadControllerIdle()) {
    // Restart JD and Update
    callAPI("update", "restartAndUpdate")
}
i try the new one. we will see if it works or not. thank you mgpai
Old 09.02.2018, 22:45
Hartm

Quote:
@Jiaz: Always my pleasure

The script does not 'reconnect', it checks the download speed between specified intervals and pauses/resumes the downloads if it is below target speed, which I believe is as per your original request.

If that is still what you are looking for, please make sure you have selected 'interval' as trigger and set it to '60000'. For testing purposes you can set a very high target speed (e.g. 1024000) and see if the script is being triggered. You can visually confirm it by watching the pause button in GUI. If the script is working correctly, you should be able to see it being disabled/enabled for the duration specified in the script.

Note: The script has bee moved to:
Code:

yes sorry it works.. i didnt see that because i mean something different.. i mean stop and go...

i have to completely stop the download and then start it again to regain fullspeed....

do i have to change setDownloadsPaused to setDownloadsStart ?
Old 10.02.2018, 08:45
Script Master

Quote:
... i have to completely stop the download and then start it again to regain fullspeed....

do i have to change setDownloadsPaused to setDownloadsStart ?
If a download is fully stopped, an additional check to verify the download duration is required to ensure sufficient time is given to reach its normal speed again.

Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/Hartm_2.js
Old 10.02.2018, 20:21
RPH

Question

Hi, I am running a Pi2 with Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and JDownloader headless. How can I go about making the following work using event scripter:

Event: when download controller starts
Code:
*if files exist in folder /home/myuser/myfolder*
then "killall transmission-gtk" #This is a Linux command normally run in terminal
*end*
Event: when download starts
Code:
"killall transmission-gtk"
Event: when download controller stops
Code:
call home/myuser/myscript.sh
"transmission-gtk %U -m" #must only run after myscript.sh has finished
The contents of myscript.sh is as follows:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

for i in /home/myuser/myfolder/*.mp4
do
/usr/local/bin/gdrive upload --delete "$i" #uploads file to google drive and then deletes it from disk
done
Any help is appreciated, thanks !
Old 11.02.2018, 08:52
Script Master

Something like this should work. Jiaz should be able to confirm.

Event: when download controller starts
Code:
var myFolder = "/home/myuser/myfolder";
var fileExists = getPath(myFolder).getChildren().length;
if (fileExists) callAsync(null, "killall", "transmission-gtk");

Event: when download starts
Code:
callAsync(null, "killall", "transmission-gtk");

Event: when download controller stops
Code:
var myScript = "home/myuser/myscript.sh";
callSync(myScipt);
callAsync(null, "transmission-gtk", "%U", "-m");
  • Install/test the scripts in a desktop install.
  • Copy/paste "Settings>Advanced Settings>EventScripter.scripts" contents to WebUI (headless install)
Old 11.02.2018, 13:17
RPH

Question

Quote:
Something like this should work. Jiaz should be able to confirm.
  • Install/test the scripts in a desktop install.
  • Copy/paste "Settings>Advanced Settings>EventScripter.scripts" contents to WebUI (headless install)
Thank-you very much ! I will test it and let you know.

Quick question, is there any difference in running the "transmission-gtk" commands Synchronous or Asynchronous ? And all the event scripts should be set as Synchronous ?

EDIT: Also is it possible to update and restart Jdownloader at a certain time of the day if and only if updates are available ? I noticed that you set a "start time" on page 1 and used the interval trigger.

Last edited by RPH; 11.02.2018 at 13:53.
Old 11.02.2018, 16:34
Hartm

Quote:
If a download is fully stopped, an additional check to verify the download duration is required to ensure sufficient time is given to reach its normal speed again.

Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/Hartm_2.js
thank you very much works like a charm =)
Old 11.02.2018, 20:45
RPH

Question

Based on my earlier question about updating & restarting JDownloader at a specific time of the day if an update is available, I wrote this script:

Code:
var t = [03, 45]; //Set Starting Time 

if (isDownloadControllerIdle() && isUpdateAvailable()) {
    interval = 1000;
    restartAndUpdate();
} else {
    var timeDiff = (new Date().setHours(t[0], t[1])) - (new Date());
    if (timeDiff <= 0) {
        interval = (86400000) - Math.abs(timeDiff);
    } else {
        interval = timeDiff;
    }
}

//Functions

function isUpdateAvailable() {
    return callAPI("update", "isUpdateAvailable");
}

function restartAndUpdate() {
    callAPI("update", "restartAndUpdate");
}
However, when the current time is after the starting time it doesn't work. For some reason the "if" statement will not evaluate the negative resulting number from the modulus.

I didn't want to have the interval running every second or every minute until the starting time....

EDIT: I changed the code to not use the modulus and it seems to be working fine now. But how can I check if another script is running ??? I don't want the update to run if my "Event: when download controller stops" script is running.

Last edited by RPH; 12.02.2018 at 17:32. Reason: Corrected script.
Old 12.02.2018, 01:40
Giga Loader

First of all, thanks a lot for the script. Simple, yet 100% effective.

Quote:
It might also be possible (new API method required) to set comment (e.g. "Duplicate File") to the matching links. Of these methods, disabling the links might be the most convenient, as they can then be easily removed using "Delete Links: disabled" option.
I would prefer setting the comment field actually, since I have links in other packages enabled/disabled as per my requirement and I don't see how "Delete Links: disabled" can be restricted only to a particular package.

@Jiaz: Can we have a new API method to set the link comment from a script?

@mgpai: As for the script itself, I want to make one small improvement if possible - how can I add a check to see whether the file exists or not before it is read, and display a simple warning dialog and abort execution if it doesn't exist?
Old 13.02.2018, 07:33
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPH View Post
... Quick question, is there any difference in running the "transmission-gtk" commands Synchronous or Asynchronous ? And all the event scripts should be set as Synchronous ?...
Use callSync() to call an external process and wait for the process to return (end) before executing the next line in the code.

Enable the "Synchronous Execution" in a script, to wait for the current instance of the script to end, before executing subsequent instance(s) of the same script, if/when triggered.
Old 13.02.2018, 07:41
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgearjd View Post
... add a check to see whether the file exists or not before it is read, and display a simple warning dialog and abort execution if it doesn't exist?
Script Updated:
Code:
github.com/mgpai/resources/blob/master/jdownloader/eventscripter/scripts/netgearjd.js

Last edited by mgpai; 13.02.2018 at 07:41. Reason: Made link to the script visible
Old 13.02.2018, 11:09
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPH View Post
... how can I check if another script is running ??? I don't want the update to run if my "Event: when download controller stops" script is running.
Use setProperty() to set a global property in your "Event: when download controller stops" script to indicate that it is running and use getProperty() in your update script to access/check that property before restarting to update.
Old 13.02.2018, 15:13
RPH

Quote:
Use callSync() to call an external process and wait for the process to return (end) before executing the next line in the code.

Enable the "Synchronous Execution" in a script, to wait for the current instance of the script to end, before executing subsequent instance(s) of the same script, if/when triggered.
Quote:
Use setProperty() to set a global property in your "Event: when download controller stops" script to indicate that it is running and use getProperty() in your update script to access/check that property before restarting to update.
Alright, thanks !
Old 13.02.2018, 18:50
JD Manager

@mgpai: Thanks for providing great support here !

@RPH: mgpai will be great eventscript teacher for you be nice and you will become master like him
Old 16.02.2018, 13:51
RPH

Hi guys, I got a big problem. While testing my scripts, I set the "updateAndRestart" command to run if JDownloader is idle with the interval as 1000ms. Now as soon as JDownloader starts, it restarts and I cannot use it.

How can I disable this ? Thanks
Old 16.02.2018, 14:09
Script Master

@RPH: You can disable the script by editing "org.jdownloader.extensions.eventscripter.EventScripterExtension.scripts.json" which can be found in 'cfg' folder.
Old 16.02.2018, 14:13
JD Manager

In your cfg folder you will find org.jdownloader.extensions.eventscripter.EventScripterExtension.scripts.json
either remove it or edit and search enabled and set to false
Old 16.02.2018, 14:16
RPH

Quote:
@RPH: You can disable the script by editing "org.jdownloader.extensions.eventscripter.EventScripterExtension.scripts.json" which can be found in 'cfg' folder.
Thanks ! The restart and update command kept asking me for permission so I was trying to force it to run so I could give it permission and set it to never ask again. I removed the update check in the "if" statement but completely forgot to change the interval from 1s.

Once I have given it permission it will not ask for it again, correct ? Even if JDownloader shuts down and turns on again with say a power outage ? Because I am sure I have given it permissions before but it still asks.

Last edited by RPH; 16.02.2018 at 14:31.
Old 16.02.2018, 14:38
JD Manager

Ah, its about permission. This one is saved in JDownloader. Yes, the permission is saved and not asked again. Permissions are on per method basis

Last edited by Jiaz; 16.02.2018 at 14:46.
Old 16.02.2018, 14:54
RPH

Quote:
Ah, its about permission. This one is saved in JDownloader. Yes, the permission is saved and not asked again. Permissions are on per method basis
It seems though like every time I change this block of code it asks for permission again:

Code:
if (isDownloadControllerIdle() && isUpdateAvailable()) {
    interval = 1000;
    restartAndUpdate();
}
Is there a config file where I can just manually set the permission to allowed or check if it is allowed ?

Last edited by RPH; 16.02.2018 at 15:24.
Old 16.02.2018, 16:49
JD Manager

@RPH: I just checked, permissions are stored for that script. when you change it, permissions are lost
Old 16.02.2018, 17:00
RPH

Quote:
@RPH: I just checked, permissions are stored for that script. when you change it, permissions are lost
Thanks for checking. So you mean if any line of code is changed in the script, all permissions for that script are lost ?

How would I go about allowing permissions for my "update check" then, because it is set to run in the early hours of the morning and only when an update is available ? It's thus not possible for me to sit and wait for the permission dialog box to appear on myJDownloader.
Old 16.02.2018, 17:05
JD Manager

I will add easy method to disable permission checks