JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 17.06.2022, 15:18
JD Alpha

Default Import links from FreeDownloadManager LITE

Hello,
I want to import history of downloads from Free Download Manager LITE into JDownloader, but LinkContainer does not me allow to do that. Will it be possible to implement this feature? Thanks.
Old 17.06.2022, 15:23
Community Manager

Hi,
so far adding this feature is not planned.
Please post an example of such a file.

Is there some kind of documentation of their container format?

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.06.2022, 15:43
JD Manager

@heavydownloader: please provide a container/list file (support@jdownloader.org) and we will look into it. Maybe it's possible to add support via *add container* but no guarantees.
Old 17.06.2022, 23:20
JD Alpha

File is in HTML format. But I mean if it will be possible to implement something like this:

[Filename];[Size];[DownloadedFrom];[Gateway];[Status];[AddedDate] etc.
So file to import would look like this:
[image_upsampled.jpg];[125.52KB];[**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**[images.org];[Finished];[Jun 17, 2022 22:21:53]
Old 18.06.2022, 09:19
JD Manager

@heavydownloader: yes that would be possible
is this the exact/real format used by the tool? no other status/fields? I'm asking because of "etc"?
You just want to import the links so you can download them again?
Old 18.06.2022, 09:20
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavydownloader View Post
File is in HTML format. But I mean if it will be possible to implement something like this
Confused Is the file in html or in provided format? Best would be to have a real example file at hand
Old 18.06.2022, 12:57
JD Alpha

This example was targeted to Jdownloader format. I mean that it should be possible to add entries via add links - the same way that it is possible to export entries via Copy Info. But here´s the file:(see attachment).
I want to import a list of downloads to keep track of what I´ve downloaded so far.
Attached Files
File Type: html FDM history downloads.html (1.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 18.06.2022, 13:11
JD Manager

@heavydownloader: so you want to import/load that file and JDownloader should add the entries to Linkgrabber.
Do you also need to import/restore the status of the file and the download location?
Old 18.06.2022, 13:27
JD Alpha

JDownloader should add the entries to DOWNLOADS since I do not want to download these files again - I want to import all of my prior dowloadfs from FDM lite to have all my history of downloads in one place (in Jdownloader), because loading of 6000 links in FDM (at startup) is painfully slow...

Last edited by heavydownloader; 18.06.2022 at 13:34.
Old 19.06.2022, 02:43
JD Legend

hmm although yes it would be great to have such maybe from other downloaders to be put into the Downloads of JD, I wonder if it won't slow down and cause JD to choke so to speak at some point in time?

I think for me the best would be to allow for Downloads to be exported to a file such as a text or cvs or db or html file maybe that can be merged together as needed with whatever format was exported to with the date of the export.

Then when adding to JD other links if possible have JD able to check the selected file to see if it has already been downloaded previously and would allow one then to add or not to JD.

Yes this would slow things down some but if one is wanting to do such it shouldn't put that much of a memory load on JD itself as it would or should use another external engine for the compare I would hope.

Of course the external engine would probably have to be made by JD in one fashion or another but it could be something separate that is attached through JD and activated only as needed.

Hope that makes sense.

I usually have a list of certain things I DL in a CVS atm that I can sort through and search within when needed and yea its a pain to do such seperately but at times I have found the need for such on occasion.

Last edited by Statter; 19.06.2022 at 02:46.
Old 19.06.2022, 10:31
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statter View Post
hmm although yes it would be great to have such maybe from other downloaders to be put into the Downloads of JD, I wonder if it won't slow down and cause JD to choke so to speak at some point in time?
You can add tens/hundrets of thousands of links, even million...only depends on available memory and java memory settings. of course such a large list needs some other settings tweaks as well but possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statter View Post
I think for me the best would be to allow for Downloads to be exported to a file such as a text or cvs or db or html file maybe that can be merged together as needed with whatever format was exported to with the date of the export.

Then when adding to JD other links if possible have JD able to check the selected file to see if it has already been downloaded previously and would allow one then to add or not to JD.

Yes this would slow things down some but if one is wanting to do such it shouldn't put that much of a memory load on JD itself as it would or should use another external engine for the compare I would hope.
Such scripts already exists here, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
There are scripts that write out finished/added? downloads to *cache* files on disk and when you add new links, those are checked against those files. Please use board search and/or ask mgpai for help with it
Old 18.08.2022, 21:13
JD Alpha

Just a reminder, this thread is still unsolved...
Old 19.08.2022, 19:50
JD Manager

@heavydownloader: I'm very well aware of this I did not find time yet, sorry