JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.10.2015, 14:23
Vacuum Cleaner

Default Jd linux+twitch=problems

I have a server/nas running unraid and then using jdownloader2 in a KVM VM running xubuntu 14,04,03 (unraid has a jd plugin but that one have some problems therfore a VM).
I have just gone (2days ago) from running the VM in XEN to KVM and therfore installed xubuntu from scratch (KVM runns a bit faster it seems).

I have been running the XEN VM and JD for 2-3 years which worked really well then when twitch started using the new "system", downloads from twitch started having problems.
The problem was for start that i got two links for the same file (every time and every file) one of them started to download fine then after a couple of kb was done resulting in a unplayable less then 100kb file.
The other link did work about 1 time out of 3 (i think) when it did work it downloaded/played fine if it did not work i just got the restart plugin varning/info (and i could never get that link to work).

And if the link worked or not had nothing to do with long or short stream since i downloaded several 3-4 hour streams fine.

So i did use other apps/sites to download twitch stuff instead and once in a while tried jd but had the same problem all the time and read about many other having problems here so never posted about it.

Now when i started the unraid from scratch again i tried twitch again (with updated jd and ffmpeg downloaded and youtube working fine).
But now i could not download ANY stream at all i have tried over 70 different streams (short/long/many channels/old/new).
Every stream/link i try get a try restart varning and this is on a newly installed and updated jd where i only have changed the download folder and custom filenames for youtube and have downloaded 2 youtube files with (ffmpeg did installed for the first).

I don´t now why but i decided to try jd on my main machine with win8,1 and have never had jd installed there since i use the unraid box for that.
So installed and tried twitch after changing download folder and it worked fine so changed the youtube filenames so i had the exact same settings on both win and linux jd installations and twitch worked fine again on the win machine.
Tried the same twitch links on both a couple of times and all worked on windows none on linux.

Decided to dig out some old (as in not used) hardware (amd a10 6800k) and installed ubuntu 15,04 (tried xubuntu 14,04,03 first with the same result) and then jd.
Aaaaaaand i can not get twitch streams/links to work only get try restarting.

So my question is WHY does twitch not work at all in linux?
I would gladly show you using teamviewer but i think my crappy isp does something since i can not get it to work over the internet (lan works fine) also tried nomachine/x2go/vpn/rdp but nothing works.
Old 02.10.2015, 15:03
JD Manager

The bundled ffmpeg binary uses newer cpu features. I suggest to download ffmpeg from source and compile yourself, then it will work fine for sure. We only provide pre compiled 32/64 bit newer cpu linux binaries.
Eg I know that the bundled ffmpeg does NOT work with your old amd a10 you need to compile ffmpeg yourself and maybe same reason for your other issues.
Old 02.10.2015, 15:21
Vacuum Cleaner

ffmpeg works fine on both my a10 and my VM when downloading youtube.
Is it that the twitch plugin uses some ffmpeg features that the youtube plugin does not use?

Will try in a day or two when i get back home again.
Old 02.10.2015, 15:26
JD Manager

Sure JDownloader uses your own ffmpeg?
By default JD installs its own ffmpeg and uses it
check Settings-AdvancedSettings and search for ffmpeg and ffprobe
Old 03.10.2015, 14:49
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Sure JDownloader uses your own ffmpeg?
I´m 100% sure that jd does not since i have never installed ffmpeg myself (before today).
The only ffmpeg i ever had installed is the one jd installs.

What i did do is installed the os on the VM, after that install jd then added a youtube link started downloading that link and jd installs ffmpeg and finnish downloading the youtube file.
And when i installed xubuntu on the leftovers (amd a10) hardware i installed the os then jd and tried download twitch from the start and jd downloads/installs ffmpeg fine but after i get the try restart error, then i tried youtube and it start downloading the youtube file directly since ffmpeg is already installed.

Today i tried jd on a intel 4790k system (not at home so not mine system) and on windows it worked fine as expected.
Installed xubuntu 15,04 on usbdrive, then jd, tried twitch, ffmpeg installed but i got try reset error again.
Tried the stable debian and the same happened.

formated usbdrive and started over with debian and compiled ffmpeg my self then installed jd and tried a youtube link that started downloading directly and no ffmpeg install was necessary so my ffmpeg install was working since i got the normal Converting/Demuxing msg (with the ffmpeg icon), right?
Then tried twitch again and get a try reset error again.

So i think i give up and have to use windows for twitch.
It´s kinda irritating that no one else seems to have this problem or is there no linux people that downloads from twitch?
What is good is that when i´m on windows twicth downloads fine and fast and by that i mean i do not get any of the many troubles many others seems to have like slow speeds and so on (my speed from twitch is always between 9MB/s-10MB/s even on 3-4 hours long shows).
Old 03.10.2015, 17:43
JD Manager

the bundled ffmpeg does not run on older cpus, you will have to compile ffmpeg yourself then and change Settings->Advanced Settings-> search for ffmpeg and ffprobe and change the paths.
Old 04.10.2015, 18:06
Vacuum Cleaner

But the bundle ffmpeg DO run when downloading youtube on my A10 or my VM.
Is there some other prg that does the Converting/Demuxing and have the same icon for youtube (even if jd downloads and installs ffmpeg before youtube downloads work)?
Or does twitch plugin use any other ffmpeg feature that require a certian cpu feature to work but youtube does not?

And if your right what cpu feature does the 4790k lack since i have the exact same problem with that cpu?
I would not call a 4790k an older cpu yet.
Old 04.10.2015, 18:43
Vacuum Cleaner

Did a check on my VM now and when downloading youtube a video and when that file is Converting/Demuxing ffmpeg does show up in taskmanager.
And i have NOT installed ffmpeg on there it is ONLY the ffmpeg from jd that is installed.

So in other words the bundled ffmpeg DO work fine when using youtube links/files.
But twitch only gives try reset errors, so i ask again is twitch plugin using some cpu feature that youtube does not use and therefore ffmpeg does not work?

Last edited by grizzly666; 04.10.2015 at 18:49.
Old 04.10.2015, 19:14
JD Manager

Please provide a logfile for failing twitch download.
Menu -> Help -> Create log and give logID

I'm sorry I thought ffmpeg does not work at all. I need a logfile.
Does the download have "chunked" in its filename? Those are known to cause issues/be buggy.
Old 05.10.2015, 16:31
Vacuum Cleaner

Chunked or not did not matter at all ALL different files for every twitch link did fail the same way.

Now when i was going to get the log file/id jd flashed that an update was available so updated and tried one of the failed twitch links i tested before.
And all but the chunked files work fine tried a couple of different twtch links and all but the chunked files work now.
So something changed in the last (i did update jd a couple of minutes before my last post and then again today) update that made twitch work or twitch changed something that made jd work

So tried jd on windows (and updated jd) and there all files including the chunked file works fine.

I did create log files for the two.
Log file for my linux VM where chunked does not work is.
05.10.15 15.24.35to05.10.15 15.25.24 jdlog://2496034739341/

And log for windows where chunked works.
05.10.15 15.14.45to05.10.15 15.22.03 jdlog://5396034739341/

I know chunked is not the ones to download and i never do that but i had it enabled to show chunked for the testing.
So if you want to look at it the logs are there if not no worries since the files that should be downloaded works fine now.
Old 05.10.2015, 17:09
JD Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Strange, your logs look all clean. Maybe some other side effect from config fix I recently updated. Much fun with JDownloader
Old 11.01.2016, 21:40
Super Loader

Default I know this tread is closed but...

Just for information, if anyone get the same problem as me...
Twitch links in my linux (debian) through linkgrabber were "offline", but on my windows, were online.
ffmpeg was working on both for Youtube.
The problem was with ffprobe on the debian.

Getting ffmpeg and ffprobe for your unix :

sudo mkdir ffmpeg
sudo chown `whoami`:users ffmpeg
sudo git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg
cd ffmpeg
sudo ./configure
sudo make
sudo make install
Old 12.01.2016, 10:22
JD Manager

the ones coming with JDownloader did not work for you?
Old 12.01.2016, 14:51
Super Loader

No, not for me. But it's best to check it trying to "linkgrab" a twitch link before compiling with the method I described, as compiling can take several hours... So if the one coming with JD works, better keeping it !
Old 12.01.2016, 14:55
JD Manager

What error exactly happened? Can you provide more information?
ffmpeg worked but ffprobe did not?
Old 14.01.2016, 13:26
Super Loader

Links were considered offline in the links grabber (and with the check online status).
From what I remember, my debian version of JDownloader 2 didn't came with ffmpeg or ffprobe (had to compile them).
On another debian machine, I have compiled them to, but links are still "offline", with the same settings of the twitch plugin.
Old 14.01.2016, 13:32
JD Manager

JDownloader has its own linux version of ffmpeg which will be installed on first use.
Those should work just fine, but maybe your CPU is too old for them to work.
Nevertheless thanks for the feedback!